Vero Beach 2014 Information & Adoration Thread

We have a split stay planned for Sept. between BLT (7 nts) then Vero Beach (3 nts). Does anyone know if our 'length of stay" mugs from BLT will still be good at Vero since it is a Disney resort. I have read that Vero did switch over to the RFID mugs.

We're very excited for our first stay at Vero Beach!

thank you!

We'll be there on the 30th! Can't wait..it's our first time there. :)
**Are there coin operated washer and dryers on site??

I do not know if they still have coin slots. DH saw them and used coins, but they do work just by pushing them in!

We are really looking forward to our visit! We were there about 10 years ago before kids and we just went this past year for 2 nights and the kids really enjoyed it, so we are back for 4 this year. Does the resort have any fishing gear suitable for fishing the Sebastian Inlet? Or where else can I get a pole and the needed tackle? I thought I might take the kids to do that one afternoon. Also, we are thinking about the Piper Factory tour, we will be flying our Piper Cherokee 6 in from New Orleans, thought it would be cool to do the tour. Has anyone else done this? How long is it? What cost? Finally, any other ideas you die hard Vero Beachers can suggest would be appreciated. Thanks!:banana:

Our waitlist has come through! Please update my 2 lines in the roll call to just 1 line reading:

07/01 - 07/04 backyardponder(5) 2BR + 1 OVIR

Thanks!

We will be there October 16-19th after our cruise. Is there a link to good local restuarants in the area? Our last trip we ate at Squid Lips. Also does anyone have an activity sheet from October?

We used trip advisor our first time
Our favorites are Ocean Grill, Memo's Italian Grill, Scampi Grill. & Riverside Cafe

DH and I are planning our first visit to Vero Beach Oct. 17-19. Are there any good outdoor beach bars nearby? My husband has never really had the opportunity to do the drinks and live music on the beach experience. Something more geared towards the 21+ crowd would be preferable to a kid-centered environment. Thanks for your help! :)

Captain hirams. Outdoor sand bar and stage. Though not sure their entertainment schedule in October.

Just curious of the updates they did to the pool. Also what is the views for a 1 bedroom villa is it just luck of the draw?

Just back from a few days at the resort, trying to get pictures uploaded to share. I tried to gather some info for some resent posts and will share in the next couple of days. The weather was alot better than we have seen in New England over the last few months. A few showers and some wind and some sun. The ocean was rough with high tide almost to the dunes to the north and south of the resort. There was a bit of beach erosion to the south of the resort on Thursday morning but by Friday it was leveling back out. If anyone has any questions just ask.

Is there still a seafood buffet at Sonya's on a special night?:confused3: if so, has anyone done it recently? We will be there on a Thursday night next month, and I think I remember there was something special on Thursdays.

I asked and they said that the don't do the seafood buffet anymore but they do offer a good variety at the Sunday brunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter