Vero Beach 2012 thread closed... see 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a big deal, but I noticed I was not on the roster so I thought I would update as we have a slight change of plans - we will be there for our first trip to VB from 9/29 through 10/4. We are heading up to WDW for two night to catch a MNSSHP.

Can't wait - less than two weeks!

Got you on the Roll Call... sorry I missed you. :goodvibes

After several delays we finally checked in at 11 pm last night. Had an empty beach this morning and the pool all to ourselves. The weather is gorgeous, one week won't be enough! :beach:

We are taking our first trip to Disney's Vero Beach in a few weeks and noticed that they accept the TIW discount at their restaurants. I have to renew mine. Does anyone know if I can renew it at Vero? We will be going to Disney after a week at Vero and I know I don't have time to renew by mail.

Can anyone recommend who whe should book an Airboat tour through? I have seen several different options, but wanted some opinions. Thanks! :)

Hi everybody, first of all I would like to thank everyone for all of their great posts! We will be arriving Sunday for our first ever trip to Vero Beach. I have a question for the group. We live in Southern California and my 22 year old son is an avid surfer. He surfs often in San Diego and has also surfed in Hawaii. He would really like the opportunity to be able to surf a little while we are the, but I have some questions. First of all where can he rent a surf board, and second, would it really be worth it? Do people often surf in that area or are the waves too small to make it enjoyable? Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks!

Hi everybody, first of all I would like to thank everyone for all of their great posts! We will be arriving Sunday for our first ever trip to Vero Beach. I have a question for the group. We live in Southern California and my 22 year old son is an avid surfer. He surfs often in San Diego and has also surfed in Hawaii. He would really like the opportunity to be able to surf a little while we are the, but I have some questions. First of all where can he rent a surf board, and second, would it really be worth it? Do people often surf in that area or are the waves too small to make it enjoyable? Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks!

Havign never surfed in CA, I have to say - I have seen plenty of surfers in the area when we have visited, but in my mind, what I picture as surfing in CA and see in movies - I don't think he'd be happy surfing there. I could be wrong, but... Many moons ago I learned to surf in the Atlantic - just further north - and it was great for someone learning because the waes were small. If you're lucky enough to catch a storm offshore, they get bigger, but really, I can't imagine he'd find the waves there satisfying. Nearby you'll find - http://surf-n-style.com/Board-Rental-Wabasso-Beach-Shop.html and this site might be helpful - http://www.verobeach.com/surfing.html

tikimimi said:
Havign never surfed in CA, I have to say - I have seen plenty of surfers in the area when we have visited, but in my mind, what I picture as surfing in CA and see in movies - I don't think he'd be happy surfing there. I could be wrong, but... Many moons ago I learned to surf in the Atlantic - just further north - and it was great for someone learning because the waes were small. If you're lucky enough to catch a storm offshore, they get bigger, but really, I can't imagine he'd find the waves there satisfying. Nearby you'll find - http://surf-n-style.com/Board-Rental-Wabasso-Beach-Shop.html and this site might be helpful - http://www.verobeach.com/surfing.html

thanks for the quick feedback! I will save the surf shop link, and let him evaluate the waves when he gets there and he can decide. I would rather save the rental fee if the waves are not to his liking.

thanks!

The waves tend to be pretty small, though when I was there during the week of Labor Day we had some pretty nice waves toward the end of the week. One of the problems though, at least in my mind, is that the waves near the resort tend to form and break pretty close to shore so even when the waves are bigger, they're not always great for surfing. However, there seemed to be a nice sandbar about 200 yards or so south of the resort that created some nice offshore waves and attracted several surfers. In addition, there always seem to be at least a couple surfers trying to catch a few waves at the Wabasso public (guarded) beach just north of the resort.

I just booked a last minute trip for this week - check-in on Thursday 9/27, check-out on Saturday 9/29 (wanted to stay until Sunday, but no DVC rooms are available Sat night).

VB is my home resort but it's only my 2nd visit there. Had to use up 8 hours of vacation time before Oct 1 so it was a great excuse to go to the beach!

I just booked a last minute trip for this week - check-in on Thursday 9/27, check-out on Saturday 9/29 (wanted to stay until Sunday, but no DVC rooms are available Sat night).

VB is my home resort but it's only my 2nd visit there. Had to use up 8 hours of vacation time before Oct 1 so it was a great excuse to go to the beach!

Enjoy your stay!

When I made our reservation, I had requested specific buildings and rooms, if available. (I realize requests are just that - and not guaranteed).

That said, do you think it's best to check in when we get to the resort - to see if we can get the requested rooms...or if we check-in online do we have just as good a chance for the requested rooms.

This is our first time at VB so not sure what's the best thing to do. When we go to WDW, we usually use the online check-in and have never had any issues.

Thanks!!

Only 9 more days!!:cool1:

When I made our reservation, I had requested specific buildings and rooms, if available. (I realize requests are just that - and not guaranteed).

That said, do you think it's best to check in when we get to the resort - to see if we can get the requested rooms...or if we check-in online do we have just as good a chance for the requested rooms.

This is our first time at VB so not sure what's the best thing to do. When we go to WDW, we usually use the online check-in and have never had any issues.

Thanks!!

Only 9 more days!!:cool1:

I really like to go up to the desk to check in. You can let the CM know what you are hoping for in the way of room request....

Add us on the list AGAIN. We return to Vero on 4/26/2013 - 5/1/2013 before we go down to Miami to board the Wonder.

Woo Hoo!:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter