• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero 2 BR @ 7 months-how hard?

dznynut

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have experience reserving a 2 bedroom at Vero in either June or July at the 7 month window? My husband just suggested that we get one next summer (2003) and have some friends join us. Also, any idea what the cash reservation price for a 2 bedroom in June or July? I would hate to "spend" over 70 points a night for Friday and Saturday. Thanks for any input.

I was able to get a VB 2BR 7 months out for the first week of June in 2002. I wanted 6 nights and waited until I should have been able to make reservations for all 6. At that point, only the first 2 nights were available, so I booked those and made cash reservations for the rest. I also put myself on the wait list for the other 4 nights. In Jan., the wait list came through and I received an automatic confirmation that I was able to get the other nights on points. I did leave the one weekend night (a Friday) on cash due to the large number of points required. Rack rate for that night is $360, and I'm guessing that's what I'll be paying. I've checked into discount rates for that night and haven't been able to get any yet. Also, I suspect even if there was a discount available, there'd be a 3 night minimum, so it probably wouldn't work. Still saves me a lot of points to pay cash for that one night though.

Also, just to cover myself, I had previously made BWV reservations (our home resort) for the entire period, and then I switched the points from BWV to VB as it became available.

Thanks for the quick response! It sounds like we at least have a chance at 7 months (along with the help of the wait list!). I'll definitely have our dates firm before the 7 month window. I like your idea of a backup plan (BWV). Thanks again!

We booked at 7 months for July 2002. They didn't have an dedicated 2 bdrms available, but we were able to get a lock-off! I don't think you'll have a problem!!

I'm on a waitlist for August for a 2 BR. I called exactlly at the 7 month window!!! Just in case I have OKW booked for 2 weeks. We want to split our stay between the 2 resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter