Vern and Jana part 3

vernon

DIS Veteran
Day 7) Started off with a couple of hours in the pool ( did my exercise like a good chap) , then we went off to meet Mick Green (of the DISUK) and his wife Lynn ( possibly Linda, memories not too good at my age LOL) at BW. Jana, Gus and I walked through the DVC units again so Jana could get a chance to look at them. We ate at the Big River brewery and Grill. Mick had a burger, Lynn a chicken Caesar salad, Jana and I had pulled pork sandwiches ( I feel for the old "it says chips in the menu, I'm expecting fries routine :( " ) and Gus had a hotdog I think. A beer for Jana and I and soft drinks for everyone else. The bill came to $60 for the 5 of us. Not cheap, but the food was very good. Took a stroll through the Wyland art gallery at BW after saying bye to Mick and Lynn ( they were off for a weeks cruise on the Disney boat, which sounded very nice). I had some stuff to do at the villa management company that was boring but took up an hour or so. That evening we went to Bahama Breeze, we opted out of starters as Jana wanted to get her teeth into something sweet ( other than me :D LOL) , I had Paella ( which was REALLY GOOD) Jana had a seafood pasta (she scored that a REALLY GOOD as well) , Gus went for the Macncheese ( this was declared a superior offering in this genre, and given the fact he has this everyother meal, who am I to argue LOL). Deserts I went for some pineapple and coconut pudding with Pinacolada sauce :tongue: Jana had some chocolate concoction, that she has declared was me on a plate ( not exactly what she said but a little poetic licence by the editor there :eek: ;) )

Day 8) was Jana's last :( , unfortunately this sad event also meant setting the alarm for 5 as her flight was at 8.15 :eek: . Road was pretty clear ( at 6.30 I', not suprised !!!!) so didn't take long to get to the airport ( took longer finding a parking space !!!!), with the new security measures in place it is limitted as to how far you can go to say goodbye so after a brief kiss and hug ( much to the disgust of a sighing small boy LOL) we waved goodbye for another month or two :(. I went back home and to bed for a couple of hours then had some more calls to the management company, spent a couple of hours by the pool, no one around AT ALL as the houses either side were unoccupied. Supper was a somewhat unusual mix of pizza from two days ago, nachos and salsa dip and two bowls of cocopops as this was all left over and going to get thrown if I didn't eat it up LOL( I know how to live it up :rolleyes: ) .

Day 9) Had a couple of calls to make, packed , tidied up the house and put washes on (zzzzzzz BORING) went and did some last minute shopping ( pair of trainers) and scurried off to the airport, return flight was pretty uneventful, went via Pittsburgh ( waved to Jana on takeofff LOL) and got into London a little later than schedule as the transatlantic flight was late taking off. I had planned to go into work, but as the plane was late I woulndn't have got to the office until 8.30 which is too late really, so I decided to take an extra day and go home.

All in all, a nice break but IMHO 8-9 days is too little time to really be able to relax , or get much done. With Jana's vacation allowance it isn't easy to get longer together, usually if I'd taken one of my girls I would arrive a couple of days before Jana and leave a couple after but I didn't fancy spending 4or 5 days on my own, if my knee had been better, I'd have played golf but that wasn't possible either. I do plan to go back in October, depending on work and if I still own the house.

Thanks for taking the time to read this far :)

Vernon

Thanks for the reports Vernon :)

Such a shame that Jana has short holidays, but you certainly seem to make the most of the ones she does have.

Hope your knee is soon fully recovered.

Astrid :wave:

I know what you mean about Jana's holiday allowance - we usually manage to get around 10 days in but rarely can manage more than that. It doesn't leave much time for 'other' stuff once you have done the essentials (Disney, Universal, Seaworld etc.) does it?

Great reports, especially the restaurants. We have never done Bahama Breeze as it always looks packed out when we drive past. Maybe one for next time.

My vacation was too short this time but I'll be spending 4 weeks with Vernon in August:D . So not too sad about it.

The Bahama Breeze on IDrive is always MOBBED, but if you have a car there is another one just passed CrossRoads going south. It is in Little Lake Bryan on the access road to the Premium Outlet mall. I would say this was about 65-70% full but given that IDrive you often have an hour and a half wait it would be quicker to drive to Little Lake Bryan and eat there than wait for a table at IDrive LOL.
Food was just as good :)

DH and myself went to Bahama Breeze in Feb and loved it. This Summer we had planned to go again, but my DD is a fussy eater, but LOVES macncheese. I didn't know that they did it. Is it absolutely plain and is it for adults or just on the kids menu? Carolyn

It was a freshly made, bow tie pasta and a cheese sause ( not out of a box style) . It's on the kids menu, but I'm sure if you asked they'd do a double portion for an older child.

Wow thanks for that Vernon. A double portion of Macncheese coming up!!!! Finally we may have found a restaurant which suits us all! Yippee!!!!!! Carolyn

The time is way too short but still good to get the time together hey? Thanks again for the reports.

Thanks for the reports, Vernon (and Jana!), I've really enjoyed reading them :)

Thanks for the reports Vernon..I've enjoyed them!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us - Vernon & Jana. Enjoyed reading the reports....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter