Verizon vs. Straight Talk

SLJ6974

Mouseketeer
Ok, still thinking about going with Straight Talk wireless, but I am second guessing it now. I am on a plan with Verizon and the total comes to $170 a month. I am under the assumption that my price is locked in with Verizon, or can they up the amount on me anytime? They have never done this in 12 years. Now Straight Talk being a prepaid plan, and a somewhat more affordable plan, as least it seems to be, can raise the prices on thier plans at any time, correct? So if I was to start out at like $120 a month with them, they could eventually get to the price I was paying with Verizon.

Verizon can and will raise the rates as they please. Not sure where you are, but here Verizon stinks AND is the only game in town. The customer service is the worst and the internet is out half the time.

As for Straight Talk, I guess it depends what phone and plan you have. Both my boys have it and love it. They have the $50 unlimited plan and it works great for them. One DS just upgraded his phone to an Android and the only draw back is that now he doesn't get service when he is here because Sprint supports that particular phone and there is no Sprint service here, only Verizon. Other than that, he really likes the phone. They have had them for about 3 years and have never had the price go up.

Verizon does raise thier prices but if you are locked into a price with them they can't right? I would think that a prepaid service could do that with no problem. Am I right? Please anyone else know, please chime in.

As far as I know, there is no "lock" for prices with Verizon. They have raised our rates in the past and I'm sure will do so again.

There may be a promotional for 6 months or something if you are a new customer, but other than that, I don't think so.

As far as I know, there is no "lock" for prices with Verizon. They have raised our rates in the past and I'm sure will do so again.

There may be a promotional for 6 months or something if you are a new customer, but other than that, I don't think so.

Wow, never heard of it.

Do you re-up every 2 years to get a new phone? If so, then you are on a contract and they can't change the terms of the contract (raise the price) until the contract has ended.

Oh geez, are you talking strictly cell? If so, never mind, we only have land-line with Verizon.

Both my dh and I have prepaid phone plans. He has straight talk and I have T-Mobile and really like them. He pays 45 per month for unlimited everything and has never had any problems. Yes you have to pay for the phone but we didnt like the idea of being locked into a contract for 2 years and honestly the cost savings over two years more then makes up for the price of the phone. We both have Androids and they work great, I can't see ever paying what some people I know pay for their monthly cell bills!

i think that straight talk uses the verizon network.

As previously stated, Straight Talk uses the VZW network for all phones except for Android smartphones (those phones are supported by the Sprint nationwide network).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter