Verizon phone buy back program yea or nay

libraryfreak

Mouseketeer
Yesterday it was time to upgrade/renew our cell phones. The four of us picked out new phones, none have a data plan. The Best Buy salesman tried to explain this new Buy Back program, where for $40 (for all the phones, not per phone), Verizon would give me a percentage of the phones price, it was prorated based on how long I had the phone. The buy back price was based on the retail price of the phone.

Sorry this is probably confusing, I didn't really understand it myself so I said no, do you think I should have done it?

We've done the buy back program from Verizon. We didn't get all that much I think $28 per blackberry phone but it was better than nothing. We didn't have to pay anything to do it, but we did have to do it online (couldn't do it in the store).

Sign up online, they'll tell you how much you'll get and send a stamped envelope. Send the phone in and you'll get a verizon gift card. you can use it to pay your bill.

Hope this helps.

We just did this with DH's phone. Like PP said you don't have to pay anything. DH had the LG Fathom and was having trouble with it after just 30 days, and the techs said they have alot of issues with the Fathoms, so he traded it in and got $43 for it...

We've done the buy back program from Verizon. We didn't get all that much I think $28 per blackberry phone but it was better than nothing. We didn't have to pay anything to do it, but we did have to do it online (couldn't do it in the store).

Sign up online, they'll tell you how much you'll get and send a stamped envelope. Send the phone in and you'll get a verizon gift card. you can use it to pay your bill.

Hope this helps.

We just did this with DH's phone. Like PP said you don't have to pay anything. DH had the LG Fathom and was having trouble with it after just 30 days, and the techs said they have alot of issues with the Fathoms, so he traded it in and got $43 for it...

The Best Buy plan is different and through them, not through Verizon. I don't know details, I do know that my DS and DDIL signed up for it. I am sure if you google it, you might come up with more info.

We did this on my husband's phone directly through Verizon and got a $40 Verizon gift card and I was able to put it toward my bill. I didn't have to pay anything

As mentioned above, the Best Buy plan is not thru Verizon. The plan thru Verizon is free.

I got over $100 for my old phone, but it's rare to get that much.

You can go on trade-in.VZW.com for the details.

We were actually going that to buy back our old 3Gs iPhone adn 3G iPhone when we moved back to Verizon from AT&T. We were going to get $100 for each of the 3Gs and $30 for my sons 3G. I had thatought that people last summer mentioned using Gazelle to trade in when iPhone 4's came out so I looked into it. I actually just received a check today for $446!! The original quote that I received was $170 for each 3Gs and $90 for my sons 3G. When I sent everything in (postage paid Priority Mail), I got an email that they were giving an extra $16!! We sent it in Saturday, July 16th and we received the check today. It was so so easy and I was thrilled to get almost twice as much!!

I wish I could get any amount for my old phones. Got a china cabniet full of em.

Also, check out Cellagain. They buy old phones and selll gently used for reasonable prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter