Verizon cell reception?

bookworm2

Mouseketeer
Hello,
I'm not sure this is in the right forum, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the reception for Verizon cell phones is inside the parks. A friend just told me that hers didn't work well and now I'm kind of worried. Thanks!

Hello,
I'm not sure this is in the right forum, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the reception for Verizon cell phones is inside the parks. A friend just told me that hers didn't work well and now I'm kind of worried. Thanks!

we are verizon customers and have never had any problem with reception.
we are a family of 3, with 3 cell phones.
I have received/sent calls, text messages and photos from places I thought for sure would be problematic, like TOT and HM, with no issues:cool1:

Michelle in NY

We found that some areas were fine and others weren't. I'm not sure it really matters which carrier you have, though. If someone is inside a building, they may not get recepton. We had this issue with Verizon, but i know people have said the same thing about Cingulair too.

I agree with the other posts........I personally have never had a problem; but I'm sure if you're inside a building, there could be a question........We travel with 6 people and 5 cell phones, all Verizon...........

I've never had a problem and I go all the time. Just remember to update your location by dialing *228 and then option 2. This should do the trick!!

I have Verizon as do all my family members 9 phones total in WDW this past Dec. never had a problem unless inside of the buildings and that wasn't every building just some.

There were a couple places where it was spotty, but overall not bad. Definitely better than when we went a couple of years ago and had sprint.

The worst that will happen is that you may occasionally be in a dead spot and miss a call. But even then, you'll probably get the alert or voice mail a minute later. Even with our Sprint phones on our first trip, they still worked fine for keeping in touch. It just sometimes took a couple tries. Like I said, Verizon was much better. The only place we found we could not get a signal no matter what, was inside the Land pavilion. So just don't plan on going to the Soarin FP machines, then calling your spouse to tell them what the return time is. Otherwise, you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter