Veranda room with pull down bed

Kerpgh

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone...
Actually looking into my next cruise after disembarking from our first cruise which was the Dream on May 11th...
Been reading very conflicting information regarding the pull down bed of which my 7 year old loved!!!
We were in an inside stateroom last and loved the virtual porthole...we caught multiple characters flying, surfing, dancing across our porthole....but now I think Im ready for a veranda :)

What categories of veranda rooms on the magic/wonder and dream/fantasy have the pull down bunk?? is it specific categories (i.e 5A) or just specific rooms that I need to research further

Thank you soooo much in advance!!

We had a verandah...cat 5c on 7th...on the Fantasy. I think (not 100%) that the verandah's that sleep 4 or 5 all have a pull down....not too helpful sorry!!!

This is the Murphy Bed you speak about and it is usually in most staterooms with the Up to 5 persons allowed. We had Cat 4A on the Dream and Fantasy and these had the Murphy. The staterooms say up to 4/5 in these rooms but not all have the Murphy Bed. Check the Stateroom info on the Red Top line and it has most of the information and Room Codes for each Ship.
Also check the Stateroom Reviews :)

Hi everyone...
Actually looking into my next cruise after disembarking from our first cruise which was the Dream on May 11th...
Been reading very conflicting information regarding the pull down bed of which my 7 year old loved!!!
We were in an inside stateroom last and loved the virtual porthole...we caught multiple characters flying, surfing, dancing across our porthole....but now I think Im ready for a veranda :)

What categories of veranda rooms on the magic/wonder and dream/fantasy have the pull down bunk?? is it specific categories (i.e 5A) or just specific rooms that I need to research further

Thank you soooo much in advance!!

Specific rooms do or do not have them. It is not based on category.

This is the Murphy Bed you speak about and it is usually in most staterooms with the Up to 5 persons allowed. We had Cat 4A on the Dream and Fantasy and these had the Murphy. The staterooms say up to 4/5 in these rooms but not all have the Murphy Bed. Check the Stateroom info on the Red Top line and it has most of the information and Room Codes for each Ship.
Also check the Stateroom Reviews :)

I don't think the OP is asking about the Murphy bed but the additional bed that pulls down from the ceiling. Most rooms have them, but not all. I can tell you for a fact that 5A 9560 does not. It is also not connecting to another room--don't know if that's related or not. Your best bet is to call DCL and ask.

There are 2 types of "pull down" beds. Most/all cabins that hold 4 people will have the bunk that drops down from the ceiling. I think this is what you are referring to.

Most cabins that hold 5 people will also have the murphy bed that folds down from a wall. These are only found in cabins that hold 5 or more people.

The only reason I'm hedging is that I'm not sure of concierge level cabins. Other than that, any cabin for 4 will have the ceiling bunk.

There are 2 types of "pull down" beds. Most/all cabins that hold 4 people will have the bunk that drops down from the ceiling. I think this is what you are referring to.

Most cabins that hold 5 people will also have the murphy bed that folds down from a wall. These are only found in cabins that hold 5 or more people.

The only reason I'm hedging is that I'm not sure of concierge level cabins. Other than that, any cabin for 4 will have the ceiling bunk.

I guess mine was a cabin for 3 then. ;)

As someone else mentioned, I would call DCL to be 100% certain. I was looking at cat 4D rooms and wanted one with the Murphy bed. When I called, certain 4D rooms had them, and others did not. I was able to find out for sure which rooms had one before I booked.

It is not always a guarntee that you will have one in your room even if that is the specfic room you booked. Sometime if you are a 3 person family and asked for a specfic room number but the room holds 4 people they will bump you up a cat to allow for rooms to be sold that have a 4 person capcity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter