• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vera Bradley obsessed and proud of it!

I was on the fence about this one too... thanks for asking and thanks for the reply..... Will have to wait for the next sale to get one :rolleyes1

Yeah, I think I will wait until the next big sale. I tried to get it for $36 yesterday and I missed out on it. The color I want is $69 right now, and I am not willing to pay that much either, much less $92.

I don't have one, but looked at it at the VB store the other day and it was long enough to go over my shoulder, and I prefer straps at least 10 1/2 inches long. The straps on it at 12 1/2 inches. The bag is huge, that's why I decided against it for right now. I think I will buy one pretty soon.

Thanks! Sounds like my kind of bag!!

Does anyone have the Get Carried Away Bag???

I am looking for a nice roomy bag to hold my laptop, Kindle Fire and other stuff when I travel and I really like how this looks online.

Are the straps pretty long?

Thanks!

I just went outside and took a picture of the Get Carried Away and also the matching Weekender. The long blue crossbody strap on the Weekender is alot longer than the shoulder strap on the Get Carried Away of course, but both will go over the shoulder. Let's see if I can figure out how to post a picture comparing them: (excuse the nosey dogs)

IMG_5311_1.jpg

IMG_5312_1.jpg

IMG_5310-1.jpg

I have found the bag I am going to be bringing to WDW in August :goodvibes- I am in love with Vera Bradley and how comfortable they are to carry around on a daily basis, let alone in the parks!

And I love their new colors for spring and summer, here's my new crossbody for the summer and for my trip- Clare in Camellia

12297118.jpg

and I have also purchased the Large Duffel in Happy Snails awhile back

886541185_260.jpg

Is anyone else on the VB bandwagon? If so, what do you use in the parks?
I have that bag! I love it! I know it is to wear across your body, but I wear it like a fanny pack. I tired it out at a Six Flags park, works great.

I just went outside and took a picture of the Get Carried Away and also the matching Weekender. The long blue crossbody strap on the Weekender is alot longer than the shoulder strap on the Get Carried Away of course, but both will go over the shoulder. Let's see if I can figure out how to post a picture comparing them: (excuse the nosey dogs)

IMG_5311_1.jpg

IMG_5312_1.jpg

IMG_5310-1.jpg

Ahhhhhh that was very very helpful!!! I have to have fairly long straps on my totes (I have big arms) and it seems as though those are long enough for me!

Thanks so much for posting these pics!!!

Ahhhhhh that was very very helpful!!! I have to have fairly long straps on my totes (I have big arms) and it seems as though those are long enough for me!

Thanks so much for posting these pics!!!

My upper arms are a little on the large side and it was very comfortable and once something is in it, it will pull the handles down a little bit more.

Ok another question for all of you addicts!

Do you tend to matchy match everything or just get all different patterns??? There are so many patterns I love so I was thinking of doing one for my tote, one for my laptop, one for my e-reader, etc!!!

Just curious how everyone does it!!!

Do you tend to matchy match everything or just get all different patterns??? There are so many patterns I love so I was thinking of doing one for my tote, one for my laptop, one for my e-reader, etc!!!

I get different patterns. I once read a post about someone else doing that too and calling it a 'bag of skittles'. I thought that was cute! I only have a duffel set that matches. And the new weekender and metropolitan in Limes Up to go with my black rolling luggage. Other than that, I like to mix and match. Too matchy matchy would make me crazy.

Did everyone see the Picnic Blanket is on sale online only today for $35! Very tempting!!

I passed though, I figured it would drive me crazy to see it get dirty.

I get all different patterns for the same reason you mentioned-there are way too many cute designs to just pick one!

For what it's worth: last year, on Labor Day, they had a huge sale. I got Christmas gifts for my daughter's teachers-- wristlets for some, then lunch bags when I remembered I needed some for the Religion teachers. Keep an eye out!

Oh, and my purse, wristlet (I use it as a wallet) and schoolbag are all VB!!

I have to admit -- I have an addiction to Vera Bradley! Here is my collection right now:

1 - Blue Rhapsody Large Duffel
2 - Blue Rhapsody Weekender bag (my favorite, awesome carry on)
4 - Blue Rhapsody Kindle Case
5 - Blue Rhapsode Backpack (amazing for Disney)
6 - Twirly Birds Navy Perfect Pocket Tote
7 - Mod Floral Blue Vera Tote
8 - Carnaby Hipster
9 - Carnaby Wallet
10 - Happy Snails Vera Tote
11 - Happy Snails all in one wristlet
12 - Mocha Rouge lunch bag

Tons of stationary, calculator, and lots of other bags.

Yes I have an addiction but I am ok with it!

I have different patterns, but I have to have a "match set" for whatever I buy if that makes sense?
For example, I bought an Alice bag in Blue Rhapsody, but had to have a wallet and checkbook cover in the same print - same with all of the purses I buy...lol

I tell DH it could be worse- it could be Coach bags.. :rotfl2:

Last year I bought a set of Mocha Rouge luggage with the Carried Away tote

Mine are all a mix of my favorite patterns. I do have some matching pieces (purse and wallet), but it's mostly mix and match.

I also have 2 Coach purses and 1 Mickey Dooney and Bourke.

I just have a purse/bag addiction, and have since I was about 3?

I like to get different patterns. I think some of the bags look better in some prints than others. And I like the variety for matching outfits and whatever mood I am in.

I've only been into Vera Bradley since May, when I bought my first bags for Mother's Day. So far, I buy based on what I like in style and color and what's on sale. So I have several different colors, but if I have a favorite, I might buy it again in a different style.

I was lucky enough to go to the Chicago Premium Outlets this week while I was traveling, so if anyone has any questions, let me know. I would say the prices are similar to what they have online, but while I was there, they were having a "take an additional 30% off" sale, so I really got some awesome deals!

My DDs were with me, so I let each of them pick out a bag. They love to borrow mine, and they asked if they had to borrow these. I said, how about this? These can be your bags, but I can borrow them from you! They liked that idea. :)

Anyway, I got a Side by side tote in Very Berry Paisley for $27.99 and an Angle tote in Purple Punch for $20.92 . My DDs picked out a Rachel in Mocha Rouge for $17.49; a Mandy in Twirly Birds Pink for $31.49; and a Shoot from the hip in Rosy Posies for $19.59!!!

Just got my Saddle Up in the mail and I love it!!! I think I'm in trouble!!!

I am looking at getting the VB hipster to use in the parks this December. Its just my DS 5 and me going so i want to have hands free to hang on to him too. Do you think this bag is comfortable for all day wear? I want to carry camera, phone, tickets, cash etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter