Vera Bradley obsessed and proud of it!

This is histerical! How interesting that Vera is the new thing for the young set. And how lucky for her that her grandmother has a collection. You are awfully nice to do that for her.

But I will say that some of the prints I have seen look like something my grandma would have carried her knitting needles around in. :rolleyes1

But then again, that's what's nice about Vera - the wide selection of styles, colors, and prints that appeal to everyone.

It is very popular with the younger set. When I do lunch duty at my children's school (grades 3-8) almost every girl has something Vera. Either their lunch box, change purse, wallet. Many use Vera backpacks, they seem to love it! I love mine and my daughter keeps trying to take it!

It is very popular with the younger set. When I do lunch duty at my children's school (grades 3-8) almost every girl has something Vera. Either their lunch box, change purse, wallet. Many use Vera backpacks, they seem to love it! I love mine and my daughter keeps trying to take it!

The kids around here didn't start carrying them until just a couple of years ago. A few of the more popular girls started carrying them, then suddenly they were on everybody's 'must have list'.:rotfl::rotfl: It's funny how just a few girls can influence a whole school.

My grand daughter always made fun of my VB and said she would never be caught dead carrying one of those granny bags, yet now every times she comes to see me, she makes a bee line for my VB closet and asks if I have anything new I might want to get rid of.:rolleyes1 When I was in Orlando this past May, I ran over to the VB outlet and picked up an angled tote in Simply Violet and also a Double ID wristlet in Folkloric. She found them when I got back and reminded me that she loves purples and also loves wristlets.:rotfl: When I told her she wouldn't want them because they were retired colors, she told me she didn't care. She then found a Simply Violet wristlet and a Simply Violet makeup bag, I already had and got all excited and said, "see it was meant to be, three things in my favorite color". I laughed and told her to come with me. I then took her in my regular closet and pulled down a pair of bright purple wedge flip flops. They were not VB, but still cute and matched the Simply Violet. Of course she had to have those too.:rolleyes1

Thanks to this thread and all of you horrible enablers, I ended up ordering a lanyard and id holder! Gee thanks! LOL :) :) :)

Do any of y'all ever use the Weekender bag when flying? It's the *perfect* bag to use as a carry-on. My students tease me about my Vera...it's just too cute not to use ;)

Do any of y'all ever use the Weekender bag when flying? It's the *perfect* bag to use as a carry-on. My students tease me about my Vera...it's just too cute not to use ;)

I purchased the weekender last week for that purpose. I absolutely love it, we are going to Disneyland in August and I can't wait to use it I will use a mini hipster as my purse for the trip, I plan to keep the mini hipster in the traveler while flying having only one carry on to keep up and use under seat so I have full access to all of my stuff.:yay:

I am going to Boston with my dad and sister later this summer. We're only going for a couple of days so I am definitely thinking about buying one of the weekenders!

I don't, but I think it's so cute, I got the large duffel for flying- but I think I'm going to have to get a weekender soon too!

I don't, but I think it's so cute, I got the large duffel for flying- but I think I'm going to have to get a weekender soon too!

I got the large duffel for travel as well but it seems to big to me, I got it before my WDW trip at the end of May but it's just too big, I think if it was my only bag (no checked luggage) it would work. So I have yet to use my beautiful Ellie blue duffle:sick:

I have a large duffel that I use for my checked luggage...it's much easier to spot in baggage claim! My husband uses "man luggage," that's also quite roomy, so I usually stick some of my stuff in his bag too :)

I agree! I've flown with mine twice and love it for under the seat. It holds alot more than the small duffel, but is not near as big as the large duffel. Even full it's easy to carry around the airport due to the long shoulder strap that can be worn crossbody. I got mine back last winter when they had the English Meadow print on sale, but wished I had waited. I really the newest prints better, but can't see buying another Weekender, when I only use it a few times a year.

I got the Get Carried Away Tote in the same English Meadow print at the same time, but don't like it near as well. In fact, I've never used it. It's just too big and deep. I love the small and large duffels though.

The DIS has cost me a bit of money over the years! lol I have purchased an Ergo baby carrier, a Chicco liteway stroller, and many other things over the years.

Most recently, it is VB! I used to think it was ugly or too expensive, but I have discovered some colors that I like and that they frequently have sales online.

I now own a laptop backpack in day & night. I don't have a lot of uses for it since it doesn't fit my laptop :sad2:, but I plan to use it at the park and put diapers in the laptop section b/c they won't get bunched up.

I also have a saddle up in totally turquoise, a hipster in watercolor, a rachel in tea garden, a mini hipster in very berry paisley, a vera in plum petals, a miller bag in sittin in a tree, and flip flops in make me blush. Yes, I've gone a little crazy, but I got most of them 40-60% off! My husband has been shaking his head, but I rarely spend money on myself, so he's just teasing me. :)

I may exchange the miller b/c it's darker than I realized though. I really want a hipster in very berry paisley; I had one but returned it b/c I couldn't stomach that I'd paid full price for it. My dds picked out the watercolor and tea garden patterns. They aren't my favorite (very berry paisley is), but I don't hate them. My dds are constantly borrowing the purses. They love purses of any kind and have really jumped on the VB bandwagon with me! I use the Vera the most, as a diaper bag.

I'm going to be near the Chicago Premium Outlets soon, so I hope they have some very berry paisley in there!

I love VB too and I have found that the hipster is the perfect bag to use when you are in the parks. I've been every year since I was 4 and I'm 23 now. :) I can't believe the amount of Vera I see when I go to the 'World.

The DIS has cost me a bit of money over the years! lol I have purchased an Ergo baby carrier, a Chicco liteway stroller, and many other things over the years.

Most recently, it is VB! I used to think it was ugly or too expensive, but I have discovered some colors that I like and that they frequently have sales online.

I can totally relate, although I'm a fairly new Diser and I've already bought several recommendations from others, it's a very bittersweet relationship I have with the Dis :goodvibes

LOVE VB bags for the parks. My first one was the mini hipster then I got Lizzy...really loved this bag but wanted something just a tad bigger for our upcoming trip in August. Went to our VB outlet store last week and I purchased the hipster in "watercolor" along with a wallet to match. Between the outlet sale prices plus a birthday coupon I received, I got both items for a steal and can't wait to use it. My youngest DD (14) is a huge VB lover and always takes the small backpack and uses that as a purse. My oldest DD (17) who is a Coach lover is slowly coming to the dark side and already has quite a few different backpacks and totes. Having the outlet now so close to home is DANGEROUS...we have quite the collection of bags, totes and duffles and rarely go into the store without coming out with something. These bags are so worth every penny and do last and they wash very well too! I would love to invest in their luggage next :)

Ok, so we went to a Vera Bradley store in Atlanta on Saturday and I used my birthday gift card and got the Go Around Tote, which the girl told me is just the Vera turned inside out, it's awesome. I got it in the new pink color, can't remember off hand what the name is. It only took me about 20 minutes to choose, Dh said he was shocked...lol

Ahhh... I should not have opened this thread! ;) I have been eyeballing these bags and just simply hadn't brought myself to by one yet. Now... I need to buy a lot of them. We are going to Disney in February. I was just telling my husband that we need to buy luggage before our trip because we don't have any (well, we do, kinda. He had a suitcase and I had one from when we were single) So, what all would I need to buy for a luggage collection? I have 2 kiddos that I need to pack for as well. I know I want a clare(park bag) and a weekender(carry-on). What size suitcases and how many should I get? I can't wait!

Ahhh... I should not have opened this thread! ;) I have been eyeballing these bags and just simply hadn't brought myself to by one yet. Now... I need to buy a lot of them. We are going to Disney in February. I was just telling my husband that we need to buy luggage before our trip because we don't have any (well, we do, kinda. He had a suitcase and I had one from when we were single) So, what all would I need to buy for a luggage collection? I have 2 kiddos that I need to pack for as well. I know I want a clare(park bag) and a weekender(carry-on). What size suitcases and how many should I get? I can't wait!

We drive, so I use the large duffel bag, most of the time, I use 2 of them, because I take alot of stuff, I believe this can also be used as a carry on. I also use my weekender. I have the Lizzy for a park bag and a backpack, depending on what I need to take for the day.

My lanyard and id holder came yesterday and I LOVE THEM! Shoot, now I may need to get some kind of travel bag! I got an online coupon when I signed up at the website, it's burning a hole!!! LOL

On Wednesdays they have special sales on line as well. Shipping is still $5 until July 2. Don't forget to shop VB thru ebates to get that extra $$ back. Little obsessed here too.... last year before our trip I got the large duffle, weekender to match my bowler, wallet and small cosmetic. Just purchased a squared away w/wallet, ereader sleeve (which ended up not being what I really was looking for) and tech case (again not what I was looking for) both which I have been trying to sell on ebay (got a great deal in blue lagoon..FYI)
Now I am looking on line now and I know that I won't be able to leave it without a purchase.... HELP :rotfl:

OH btw... the Villager has a removable bottom which I used all the time to hide money.... the envelopes that you get at the bank fits just right shhh

If you give your adress and e-mail at a Signature store, you will get a nice birthday card, this year I got the $20 off $20.

I get at least one e-mail a day from them with some kind of sale or special. Today, ther eare 34 styles on sale for 4 hours. I have to stay away. Although, I want the limited edition camera bag, it would be perfect for the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter