• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vera Bradley obsessed and proud of it!

Just to let everyone know that on both the CDN and USA websites Vera Bradley.com is having one heck of a sale. Up to 70% off alot of handbags and accessories on their older patterns. I scored 2 On the Go bags off the CDN website and even with all the taxes, shipping and duties it cost me $70 for the pair of them. I can't find anything for even half the quality of Vera Bradley for even remotely that price. Worth checking out. I got them in the Dogwood and Citron patterns and I can't wait to get them!:cool1::cool1:

Never had any interest in Vera Bradley bags. My daughter-in-law saw her co-worker's disney VB and decided to get one for my birthday. With the flip of a switch, I am so hooked! I picked up a couple more on our recent trip to Disneyland. Oooiiiii,,, what did she get me into!!??

To be honest, I wasn't that interested in Vera Bradley until I saw the Disney inspired patterns then I was hooked. I got my first one in Nov/13, as my previous purse was ready to implode and loved it. I've had mine for almost a year now, and it's worn really well. Unfortunatley I can only buy them online via the VB web store or at the parks as they don't sell them Canada. Now when I get them I can throw my original one in the wash and alternate between the 3 purses. I love that the cross body bags are low profile and don't bang into my hips all the time.

As stated above, I am a new VB fan. Do any veteran VB owners have an idea of how long a pattern is left in production?

As stated above, I am a new VB fan. Do any veteran VB owners have an idea of how long a pattern is left in production?

Good question ! It seems to me that a pattern is generally out about a year and then "retired" for the non-disney patterns. Believe midnight mickey has been out over a year so maybe disney vera is out until the sell out production. At perfect petals lunch in May they brought back a couple of patterns previously sold out.

I have a new Grand Traveler in Jazzy Blooms on its way for my trip in 1 month and 1 day! I picked it up on with an extra 30% off the sale price. I wanted one of the newer patterns but couldn't pass up the discount.

I have 3 of the Mickey patterned bags - a Vera tote in Where's Mickey that I carry to work everyday, a Midnight with Mickey backpack for my park bag and then a Midnight with Mickey large cosmetic that use to carry art supplies to my cardmaking and art journal classes. I will no doubt pick up another on my next trip. :rolleyes1

I am a lover of the hipsters. I think I have 4 or 5 in various patterns. This summer I'm using Midnight with Mickey and I'll probably use that one when we head down in December. I get compliments on it all the time. It's kinda cool to meet fellow Disney lovers just because of a bag!

WDWPirates I quoted you specifically since I think you might have a great opinion for my question!!

I have been stalking this thread and the VB selections on the Disney site for quite a while now. I really, really over pack my purse and am determined not to do that on vacation anymore. My issue is as follows: I am totally torn between the mini hipster and the hipster!

I love the idea of the mini hipster having its own wallet portion. I take a bit of cash, my debit card and a credit card as a safety net. Beyond that I carry my iPhone, small hand sanitizer and lip balm, a pack of stomach medicine (credit card sized) and a small sunglasses case.

However, I think I would be more likely to use the regular hipster in everyday life (working in the city, commuting, errands etc) since then I take more like my bigger wallet, keys, etc. My main worry is the bigger hipster will knock against my side all day and make me want to toss it into the lagoon.

What would you pick and why? Price isn't a concern since it's only a ~$10 difference. A VB store just opened in my mall so I'm going to try both on this weekend but I thought it would be more helpful to also get opinions of everyone who's used them in the parks.

I am also a fan of the more subtle prints. Outside of the parks it is a great way to incorporate a little more Disney into each day!

I've had a hipster for a year, and if you hang the purse low enough it doesn't bang against you as much as other crossbody purses. I just got in the mail my 2 On the Go purses, and like them just as much. Honestly I like both equaliy. Even though I don't put that much stuff in my purse, I like that I can throw a book, or my Kindle, or an umbrella into it and still have room. And this applies to both the Hipster and the On the Go styles. It's a matter of finding what works for you.

For everyday use, I don't wear my hipster as a crossbody. I just adjust the strap a little and use it as a regular shoulder bag.

I am sorry if this has been asked already. Can anyone tell me if the large duffel in the Disney prints are carry-on compliant? On the Vera Bradley website it lists the large duffel as carry-on compliant, but I don't see that specified on the Disney website. Thanks.

I am sorry if this has been asked already. Can anyone tell me if the large duffel in the Disney prints are carry-on compliant? On the Vera Bradley website it lists the large duffel as carry-on compliant, but I don't see that specified on the Disney website. Thanks.
I think it depends on if it fits the airline's carry-on size restrictions. You can probably find it on the airline's website.

WDWPirates I quoted you specifically since I think you might have a great opinion for my question!!

I have been stalking this thread and the VB selections on the Disney site for quite a while now. I really, really over pack my purse and am determined not to do that on vacation anymore. My issue is as follows: I am totally torn between the mini hipster and the hipster!

I love the idea of the mini hipster having its own wallet portion. I take a bit of cash, my debit card and a credit card as a safety net. Beyond that I carry my iPhone, small hand sanitizer and lip balm, a pack of stomach medicine (credit card sized) and a small sunglasses case.

However, I think I would be more likely to use the regular hipster in everyday life (working in the city, commuting, errands etc) since then I take more like my bigger wallet, keys, etc. My main worry is the bigger hipster will knock against my side all day and make me want to toss it into the lagoon.

What would you pick and why? Price isn't a concern since it's only a ~$10 difference. A VB store just opened in my mall so I'm going to try both on this weekend but I thought it would be more helpful to also get opinions of everyone who's used them in the parks.
I use the Little Hipster everyday It also has a built in wallet.. Bigger than the mini hipster, doesn't measure as big as the regular hipster but i can actually fit more in it.

I use the Little Hipster everyday It also has a built in wallet.. Bigger than the mini hipster, doesn't measure as big as the regular hipster but i can actually fit more in it.
Me too. It fits everything I need, even my mini umbrella.

Ahhh I have 42 days to decide and I'm still confused! I think I changed my mind now to the tote with the open top. I generally don't love open top bags but I think it's pretty cute! After this trip we are going back for a big trip May into June so I can always pick up something else then! I'm enabling myself haha :rotfl:

Well, I decided that the Grand Traveler bag I ordered a few weeks ago is going to be too big to count as a personal item and fit under the seat in addition to my roll-on 19 inch suitcase. So...I just happened to check the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales this weekend and was able to score a Weekender for $48 and a Little Hipster for $22.50! Both are in Plum Crazy that I L-O-V-E!! Can't wait until they come this week. I only have 13 days until my trip (I had to postpone a couple of weeks ago.)

The Cyber Monday sale is still going on until well, Monday :rotfl2: Hope you guys can score some new Veras for your collections. :)

Back with another question - does anyone own the Smartphone Wristlet that also owns an iPhone 6? I have Googled and searched and just can't find anything on whether the 6 will fit - the consensus seems to be the 5/5s will, but just no info is coming up about the 6. I have a very slim case on it but would be willing to take it off if that makes the difference between fitting and not.

I want to add the Bouncing Bouquet wristlet to my shopping list, and I know I can try it when I get there, but I'm really trying to get my money allotted for shopping. If I don't have some sort of list in place when I get to Disney I end up going hog wild! We were going to travel with just 2 carry-ons (short trip and only one day driving over to Disney) but I'm thinking I will need more space for my souvenirs! I fear what my list will be on our big trip in May/June! :eek:

The Iphone 6 fits in the cell phone wristlet. Not the bigger phone, but the regular size one.

The Disney store has up to 25% off all Vera Bradley disney bags and wallets plus free shipping.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter