Vera Bradley Large Duffel

LoriJune

Mouseketeer
I'd like to use my Vera Bradley Large Duffel as a carry-on to WDW next week, has anyone here had any luck with that? It's 22"x11.5"x11.5" and Southwest shows allowable as 24x10x16. The Vera website also says it's allowable. I'm just nervous because this is our first trip without kids/checked luggage so my whole life will be packed in there and I don't want to check it!
(I found an old thread about this, but see that the size limits have changed since then.)
Thank you!

Good question! I'll be watching this thread to see any answers. Love my Vera duffels!

I'd like to use my Vera Bradley Large Duffel as a carry-on to WDW next week, has anyone here had any luck with that? It's 22"x11.5"x11.5" and Southwest shows allowable as 24x10x16. The Vera website also says it's allowable. I'm just nervous because this is our first trip without kids/checked luggage so my whole life will be packed in there and I don't want to check it!
(I found an old thread about this, but see that the size limits have changed since then.)
Thank you!

10H x 16W x 24L
vs
11.5H x 11.5W x 22L

The only place you appear to be over the size limit is in the height. I don't think that the height sould be a problem as you can probably smush that 1.5" down when you put it in the overhead. I don't think the Bradley website speaks for the airlines. Just sayin.

I have several Vera Bradley large duffels. I have used them several times as a carry on and have never had a problem. Unless you stuffed it completely full to top, so that it would barely zip closed, you should be fine. Vera bags smush easily.

Thank you for the replies. It won't be jam packed, I hoped to stuff it under the seat vs. the overhead. My thinking was that the overage on height was made up by the other dimensions being well under...but I probably don't think like the TSA or Southwest or whoever are the powers that be...:scratchin

It will probably have to go in the overhead. It is probably too long to fit under the seat. Airlines do no allow underseat bags to protrude out from under the seat into the floor area where your feet are. This is a hazard if an emergency evacuation is needed.

I've used mine twice for our cruise, travelling on United and didn't have
a problem. It was not full and I put it overhead as my carryon.
Michele

I've used my Vera Bradley Pink Cupcakes large duffle the last two times I've gone and had no issues fitting it into the overhead storage unit. I just gpt a Vera Bradley Tutti Frutti weekender and want to use it as a carry on for my May trip. I hope to have no issues fitting it in the overhead compartment.

I've used my Vera Bradley Pink Cupcakes large duffle the last two times I've gone and had no issues fitting it into the overhead storage unit. I just gpt a Vera Bradley Tutti Frutti weekender and want to use it as a carry on for my May trip. I hope to have no issues fitting it in the overhead compartment.

Actually as long as you don't fill it completely full, the Weekender will fit under your seat as a personal item. I have several of those too and use them in conjunction with matching large VB duffels and also a 22" VB spinner I have. My VB Weekenders have always fit completely beneath the seat (but I make sure they are not completely full, so they will squish down). I've never had a problem using them as a personal item, for under the seat. I have used them multiple times as a personal item on American, Delta, and Air Tran with no problem and have seen others doing the same thing (having a 22" carry on, plus a VB weekender as a personal item). Just make sure it will squish completely under the seat, with none of it sticking out. I have the Weekenders in English Meadow, Very Berry Paisley, Provencal, and Mocha Rouge and love them.

Thank you for the replies. It won't be jam packed, I hoped to stuff it under the seat vs. the overhead. My thinking was that the overage on height was made up by the other dimensions being well under...but I probably don't think like the TSA or Southwest or whoever are the powers that be...:scratchin

I don't think it will fit under the seat. Too long. And, besides, where are you going to put your feet? My carryon is only about 18" long and while it fits under the seat, it sort of cramps my leg/foot space.

Thank you!

You will have no problem! You could also take a second carry on with the Vera Bradley.

I use my weekender every time I fly, so does my mom and we have never had a problem. As someone else said if it's not packed it fits under the seat in front of you. I've had my completely stuffed and it fit fine in the overhead on both United and US Air.

My VB large duffle fits very nicely in the overhead bin, and my VB large backpack goes beneath the seat..

If I'm going for 7 days in summer. Do you think I could get away with the large duffle and just a backpack? I'm packing lightweight dresses mostly.

Depends. If you are willing to do laundry halfway through the trip, then absolutely. It is so hot and humid in the summer, I just have to change twice every day.....I can pack in my VB duffle and backpack for 4 days and no laundry, or 5+ days if I do laundry.

So a PP said the weekender fits under the seat (if you don't pack it too much. And you can also take the large duffle?? I didn't know you can bring both. I want to do this!! Are you sure that is allowed??

So a PP said the weekender fits under the seat (if you don't pack it too much. And you can also take the large duffle?? I didn't know you can bring both. I want to do this!! Are you sure that is allowed??

One carryon and one personal item. Personally, I think both is pushing it unless you are calling the weekender a purse. Check with your airline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter