Vera Bradley Fort wayne Sale

TALB

Mouseketeer
Just got an email that the tickets go on sale tomorrow for the huge Vera sale in Fort Wayne. Has anyone gone to this before? Are the prices better than the outlet stores? Is it a mad house? Can you actually look at things or is it crazy like Black Friday? What kind of things do they sell? Thanks

Haven't been but last time, the word here on the boards was that it was no where near as good as previous years.

The last two sales were not as good, but still a mad house!!! I think with the outlet places open now there isn't as much inventory. We used to get great deals as well, last year the prices were higher, patterns were older and not much selection at all. We typically go on Sunday, by then there were no backpacks at all (DD wanted a new one). We waited two hours to get in and another 2 to check out. We were done shopping within 30 minutes! We live fairly close, I wouldn't make a long drive there. We ended up getting DD's school bag on Ebay for a great price and the new pattern she wanted.

The earlier in the week you go, the better the selection. It is very crowded, especially the first day. It can be hard to browse. A lot of people just start grabbing stuff and then go sit on the floor and sort what they want and don't want. They have big bins all around filled with people's discards, so I usually end up what I like to call "dumpster diving" :). It really is about the the thrill of the hunt! Last year I went very early and they had a really good selection of patterns. They have a lot different products there- I really like how much stationary products they have.
As far as prices, it is similar to their outlet prices. As the week goes on they start to slash prices, and by the end things are pretty cheap, but the selection is pretty slim.
I think they are selling tickets this year to try to combat some of the chaos. I will be honest and tell you that because I have a wonderful relative who works for VB, I get a free ticket for their Friends and Family night the night before the sale starts! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter