Vera Bradley bags for the Parks???

IBLarsen

DIS Veteran
For our October trip I'm on the lookout for a new park bag possibly.
I have in the past used the Baggalini Messenger, and while I like the bag part itself, I hate the shoulder strap. (I won't bore you with my complaints). I have also a Crocs sling backpack that I do like, but it's a little larger and the strap is so wide that it starts to bother me at the neck.
SO, now I'm looking at a Vera Bradley simply because they are so lightweight to begin with, I think they may be more comfortable.. but I would love some opinions if any of you have used these in the parks.

I'm specifically looking for the Vera Bradley regular sized backpack. Or the new version of the Drawstring backpack, called the Backsack.
Also considering the regular Quick Draw....

We do have young children, so I tend to have their autograph books in my bag, some waters (one regular size disposable for each of the four of us), and maybe a few snacks. Along with the basics, like cell phone, wallet, small camera. kids sunglasses tend to go in and out.

I have been looking for a new park bag too and have looked at the Vera Bradley as well.Anyway, I thought I would let everyone know that these bags are cute and pretty cheap.They have lots of different styles.
www.KAVU.com

I like the VB small backpack when I have lots of stuff to carry, but when I'm in more of a messenger style bag/over the shoulder mood, I use a VB Claire or VB Frannie bag (depending on how much I have with me). Both have served me well.

How interesting to see this thread. I just bought a Vera Bradley crossbody "Hipster" bag for my August visit to DLand. I don't have it in hand yet as I purchased via website. I had heard great things about it being a light weight, comfortable to wear crossbody bag giving you hands-free mobility (and also v cute and fashionable which is nice extra treat). I bought the Hipster instead of a backpack style b/c my complaint with my current parks bag is that it is a back pack and in the midst of a hot August day it makes the back of my shirt too hot and sweaty. (I can hear my mother's voice correcting me on this - "Women don't sweat dear, they glow.") Anyway, I am hoping my crossbody VBradley will hold all the stuff I need it to and keep my back from "glowing" too much.

How interesting to see this thread. I just bought a Vera Bradley crossbody "Hipster" bag for my August visit to DLand. I don't have it in hand yet as I purchased via website. I had heard great things about it being a light weight, comfortable to wear crossbody bag giving you hands-free mobility (and also v cute and fashionable which is nice extra treat). I bought the Hipster instead of a backpack style b/c my complaint with my current parks bag is that it is a back pack and in the midst of a hot August day it makes the back of my shirt too hot and sweaty. (I can hear my mother's voice correcting me on this - "Women don't sweat dear, they glow.") Anyway, I am hoping my crossbody VBradley will hold all the stuff I need it to and keep my back from "glowing" too much.

The Hipster is great, but not quite enough room for me for the parks. If I didn't have so much crap to carry, it would be a first choice for me!

Will have to check out the other before mentioned cross body styles!
Would still love to hear about the two drawstring style bags, as the quickdraw is more of a cross body style, but wondering if it's too bulky to hang at your side?..... Hoping others will have some wisdom:goodvibes

The Hipster is great, but not quite enough room for me for the parks. If I didn't have so much crap to carry, it would be a first choice for me!

Will have to check out the other before mentioned cross body styles!
Would still love to hear about the two drawstring style bags, as the quickdraw is more of a cross body style, but wondering if it's too bulky to hang at your side?..... Hoping others will have some wisdom:goodvibes

I have been considering the VB Mailbag. It is a cross body bag that is larger than the hipster. I currently use a Coach Legacy cross body, but I want something larger that is not leather.
Good luck!

I have a hipster and it is my daily bag - however it's not big enough for a DLR trip. I just bought this bag (and it actually arrived at my door right after I started replying to this thread) and it is going to be my DLR purse. It's a Harvey's Seatbelt Bag DLR exclusive. Here it is next to my hipster so you can get an idea of the size.

a57e23a5.jpg

0bfc97c2.jpg

I have been considering the VB Mailbag. It is a cross body bag that is larger than the hipster. I currently use a Coach Legacy cross body, but I want something larger that is not leather.
Good luck!

The one thing I'll say about the Mailbag is that the flap can sometimes be bothersome. Because it's magnetic, if the bag is full, the flap does not always stay secured and can flap around. I used the mailbag at one point too, but the flap bothered me. That's just my two cents though- if it doesn't bother you, go for it! :thumbsup2

I'm a big fan of the cross body coated canvas letter carriers.. it's big enough for my wallet, tickets and hotel keys. The coated canvas helps keep everything dry.. I carry a coach one but I've been looking at the mickey dooney ones..

Girimama33 said:
Good luck!

I was looking at this too! Just another excuse to buy Vera DH would say ...... Ha ha ha

I just bought the mailbag. In very berry paisley. I think it will work perfect for or our DL trip in sept. I like that it has 2 big pockets I wish it would expand a little more. But I think it will keep things organized.

I ended up buying the Bookbag Backpack (the regular/medium sized one) at the Vera Bradley sale the other day (for a very good price). I went in looking for a crossbody, but I decided to go with a backpack. In the past I've used a sling syle backpack in the parks, but the shoulder straps seem to bug me. I wasn't looking for the backpack style, but honestly when it's on, you barely even feel it, it's so light and comfortable.

I think Vera Bradley bags are great because they are so lightweight. I was looking at buying one for the parks, but I just couldn't find one in a style/color that worked for me. Sak bags are another option. They are a big heavier than I'd like, but they are better than something leather with heavy hardware.

I did pick up a perfect small wallet (One For The Money) on sale recently. It's great for Disney because it's just big enough for cash, coins, and a few cards. I also love their cosmetic bags.

That gave me a good laugh :rotfl:

I bought the organizing shoulder bag from 31 and plan on using it for our upcoming trip.

http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/catalog#/22-23

I am also using a thirty-one Organizing Shoulder Bag for our trip later this month. Plus a Cindy tote for the airplane, cinch sacks for my boys on the plane (and rolling one up in my shoulder bag for the parks as an "extra" bag for all the stuff we accumulate!), a Timeless Wristlet as my wallet/phone case...

Yes...my husband says I have a bit of a 31 problem... ;)

awdsmama said:
Clare or Hipster, I cannot decide.

If you've used either, what have you fit inside?

I've used the hipster during 2 week long trips to WDW and loved it. I put our tickets in the outside little pocket for easy access for fastpasses & photopass card. I store my cash, ID, credit card& gift cards in the zipper pocket next to my body. Inside I fit an autograph book & markers, camera, 3 disposable ponchos, DS's ipod, phone & phone charger. When we go on rides I also store our sunglasses inside. I also carry a plastic grocery bag to tie around the hipster when there is a light rain or a water ride (the strap gets wet but the contents stay dry). The nice wide strap makes it comfortable to wear all day.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter