Venting, upset over a grown man insulting my kids

brat

DIS Veteran
I am curently stewing in my own juices because over rude person causing my kids to cry earlier tonight:mad:

We went to the drugstore to pick-up meds.A person in line went off on my kids because the phamasists got our ready before his was.It is a busy place with more than one pham tech doing the cashering.DH was paying for the scrips while I took the youngest to the restroom.I came back to my twins in tears, DH redfaced angry clentching his fists while holding the twins on his lap, the store manager yelling at another customer about insulting my kids, my Foster son covering his ears and banging his head on DH with a group of folks from the line standing protectively in between my family and the man the manager is yelling at.

I had overheard the rude person talking with the pharm tech when he turned in his scrip so I know he might have been a bit embarassed getting that scrip filled(think an adult blue pill that is covered when other life-saving are not). Yes he was talking loud enough that the hippa wait this far away would have had to be another 50 feet away.I was just at the other tech window next to him.

So police were called, Foster son got a warning for urinating in public(on the man that insulted his sisters) The man is banned from that pharmacy(The police talked to him outside)

Dh could not bring himself to tell me what the man said but others who were in line told the police so I know what was said. Cleaned -up version" he did not feel my kids should be allowed to live(he thought they should have been put to sleep at birth)"

Thankfully the folks around DH made it clear that they were on our side.Most told us they did not feel like asking Foster son to stop peeing.The store manager told us we are welcome even if Foster son pees on the floor every time he comes in:goodvibes Pharmasist said he wanted to do things that morally he is ashamed of wanting to do to that man.

:hug:
:mad: some people just do not think before they speak, i swear. I also think that I for one would have been silently cheering that foster son on, pee some more kid! :rotfl:

so so sorry all of you had to deal with that man. :hug: :hug:

and as bad as that experience was, at least you learned that the manager and pharm. are 'good' people. :goodvibes

Thank you Singledad.

We already liked both of them.Knowing they defend my kids makes them my heros.
Most of the other customers admited they were mentally cheering him on hopeing he had plenty to drink and a very full bladder.

sorry also that you ran into an ignorant individual, but it is great to hear that you had supportive people around you since that lets our kids know that it is not them.

I know I would have been cheering (inside) about the urination also.

It is also good that you got a reasonably sensitive police officer.

Obviously that man is the one with the problem, probably just being an extremely unpleasant human being. And the actions of the pharmacist, police, and other customers clearly show that in no way is his behavior a community standard, or even considered remotely acceptable. Unfortunately some people are cruel, not very well clued in, unbalanced, or some unpleasant combination of the above. Don't let it get to you.

Sorry you and your family had to be subjected to such behavior. :hug:

How amazing the response of everyone around you though. Unfortunately this man sounds like he is a very angry and sad person. As my kids would say he obviously doesn't have any love in his heart.

Hugs to you all.

-A

Thank you

I am calmed down, we got calls this morning from manager and pharmasist checking up on us.

The police officer was very sweet with Foster son.He told him that he understood his peeing this time but....I have to warn you that it is not consitered polite to do that in public. He spoke in a calm but firm voice and asked him to repeat what he understood.He asked us if we thought he was calm enough for him to remind him of this first. Who ever gave them their austism sensitivety training did a good job.

I just finished writting thank you notes to those who really showed us their love and support last night.

Thank you all for you understanding, support and hugs:grouphug:

Oh my. What kind of sick, sad person would say something so awful? Yay for your son! I would have bought the kid a sundae for having a rough night although secretly it would have been a big fat reward for dousing the jerk :rolleyes1.
I'm glad you had support and the pharmacist took action. You should send some positive feedback into the police dept. concerning the way everything was handled. It will encourage them to keep up with training if they know it's working.

:hug:Kat

We delivered homemade cookies with our thank you notes earlier today.I made sure to mention how much their training improved the situation and how grateful we are.

Foster son loves to help make cookies so you know why thank you cookies had to happen.

:hug:Kat

We delivered homemade cookies with our thank you notes earlier today.I made sure to mention how much their training improved the situation and how grateful we are.

Foster son loves to help make cookies so you know why thank you cookies had to happen.

That's awesome and how great it is you all went out of your way to say thank you and that you appreciate the training.

We have a group in our area that is starting to work on both a state and local level to improve autism training in law enforcement. There have a been a couple of instances in recent months that were not handled well at all.

Ours have gotten alot of training since the shootings back on Jan 8th. We live just outside Tucson AZ.

I was slow learning to talk as a kid(3 yr old). Mom took me trick-or-treating with my older brother and Mom told everyone I did not talk....well my first real words were "Thank you". Mom had been reminding my older brother to say thank you.:rolleyes1

That probably would have caused me to give him a swift kick in the family jewels and a "see if your little pills work now" :thumbsup2

It just goes back to "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all". You can't change everyone's thinking, there's always going to be people who are disgusted with kids with downs, or hate fat people or wish all the gay people would just die. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions....but when it's said outloud, all bets are off.

Just had time to respond now.
Glad to hear there were lots of supportive people around. That kind of guy would have probably made a scene whoever’s prescription was ready before his. Your family just happened to be ‘in his path’ and were his victims.
Glad to hear the police were called and the man dealt with.

Sorry to hear what your and your family went through. Like others I am happy that the other poeple around you were supportive in dealing with the situation.

I'm confused. Why is it a good thing the foster son urinated on someone? I can't see any time this would be acceptable. :confused:

Thank you everyone.

Sue is likely right we just happened to be in "his" path.

Peeing on someone is not good and I did have to tell Fostor son that but he is ASD which means he does not process how to handle situations around him the same as other kids.So some cheering at his defending his "sisters" in his own way is a milestone.

We are fine, explained to the kids the rude guy had a meltdown.Then we all laughted at guessing what might of caused the meltdown.Some of the kids ideas where really funny.

We had really good luck with very supportive people around us.:grouphug:

Oh wow! Glad the staff at the pharmacy rallied around you, and very glad that they are so supportive of you. :hug:

I'm confused. Why is it a good thing the foster son urinated on someone? I can't see any time this would be acceptable. :confused:

Ok, I am cheering for the son for peeing on the guy, but that would not mean that I would say it out loud to the child. I mean, there are always situations where kids do something funny or something we wish we could get away with or something we agree with (such as peeing on a cruel aggressive man), but we cannot condone those actions out loud. And especially as an ASD child, he would have difficulty verbalizing his pain and frustration, so he went with something he could do.

No, I would never give the kid an award for peeing on someone, but I sure do congratulate him (in my head).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter