Venting about beach club....im not a complainer

Sorry this is so late. So the new room was #2571. It was an AWESOME view. I can't believe it was in the same category as the previous room. I am so glad that I spoke up. I was reluctant to because I don't want to be labeled a complainer nor do I want to get on their bad side (yes, my husband and I completely believe in the black list theory).
I forgot the exact number of the old room. Will ask my husband when he gets home but I think it was 3553 or something around that.

The carousel was just being built on Monday November 18 morning and by the time we got back to the resort in the afternoon, it was completely built.

After being at BC for a week I realized I like WL better but will probably stay at BC or BWI next time. The convenience was just amazing. We planned it where we were at Epcot 80% of the nights and it was literally a 1 1/2 minute walk to our room. Our room was very close to the epcot entrance, furthest from YC. We can't pass up the convenience of it all. When comparing the two resorts, BC wins over conveinance, room size, room view (we had garden/courtyard view with both resorts) and just the general feel of being a part of the action (a lot of action at BWI and the boats and all the ligths at night). WL wins with cleanliness, decor (my opinion), the ambiance was so relaxing, the quick service, gift shop and overall feel of disney. I wasn't impressed with either pool and actually prefer the CBR pool out of all of them. Stormalong was actually a pain in the *** to walk through and none of the pools blended into one another.

Bottom line, I jumped the gun. Would've been a terrible experience if we stayed in the first room. What a difference in a room view and location. The new room one us over! So don't forget, ask for room 2571 if you got the courtyard view and speak up if you're not happy with a room. YOu are paying a crap load of money to stay in it!

Hope this helps someone

Glad you had a great trip in the end :wizard:. We feel the same about SAB. We enjoyed trying it, but we prefer the Poly pool and WL pool as we weren't wow'd by SAB.

I'm glad you got a room you like better. We were there in Sept. and got all of our requests-full balcony and higher floor, and there was nothing wrong with our room, but I have to say we liked the BWI more. I guess we just liked the atmosphere or something. When I say "we" I mean my husband and I-- my son would probably pick BC due to SAB alone.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

You would be absolutely WRONG. I adore the BC.

1. Taste is subjective. while you love wilderness lodge I know plenty of people who find it dark, depressing and cheap looking.

2. request are NOT guarantees. never have been.
3. All the disney deluxes are overpriced. they are deluxed only according to disney. No where else on the planet would you spend that kind of money and get the marriott type service. In fact, we often stay at the new Waldorf Astoria for less than many disney deluxes and get true first class quality. If you stay at a disney deluxe you pretty much know the price is simply due to location.

Completely agree.

Our next trip will most likely be at the BC which I adore!

WL does nothing for us and we would never want to stay there. Not even at Christmas.

Different strokes for different folks. ;)

Glad you had a nice stay! Let me guess, your first room view was of the quiet pool? We stayed at the BC for the first time in October and paid for a water view, and got that view which we called the "Motel 6 view". It really does look like you are looking out at a motel pool- just concrete and lawn chairs. It was definitely the 2nd worst view we have ever gotten at WDW or DL (the first being on our Honeymoon when we were put over the service area at WL and were awoken bright and early every morning by the sound of back up beeps from trucks and trash cans slamming). However, although the view was bad and definitely not worth the money, we found that we were right by the elevator that went down to a door that took you outside very close to the EPCOT entrance. We loved that! We also liked that it was extremely quiet at that end. So, it did have its good points. I definitely was really disappointed when I first got to the room and walked to the window and looked out for the amount we paid for a "view".

We've stayed at WL, Poly, GF, AKL, POR and BC. For us, BC is about 2 things: 1. Stormalong Bay-which is the best pool area at a WDW resort; and 2. the short walk to Epcot, and also being a walk or short boat ride away from DHS. We aren't really that impressed with the hotel itself, and I'm allergic to that scent they pipe into the lobby and it can make me sick pretty quick. The hotel kind of seems like a scaled down GF to us. It's nice, but not really anything special, especially if you have stayed at GF before. Were it not for the pool and the location, we would probably pick any of the other resorts we have stayed at over BC. The pool and location are great though! I definitely can understand why you love WL, the rooms are small, but the place is beautiful, especially during the holiday season!

You would be absolutely WRONG. I adore the BC.

1. Taste is subjective. while you love wilderness lodge I know plenty of people who find it dark, depressing and cheap looking.

2. request are NOT guarantees. never have been.
3. All the disney deluxes are overpriced. they are deluxed only according to disney. No where else on the planet would you spend that kind of money and get the marriott type service. In fact, we often stay at the new Waldorf Astoria for less than many disney deluxes and get true first class quality. If you stay at a disney deluxe you pretty much know the price is simply due to location.

You would be absolutely wrong, too!!! ;) Yours is just your opinion, as is the OPs. I stayed at BC once and I will never stay again. I stayed on cash before I was a DVC owner; I wouldn't waste my points on it. Good thing there is something for everybody!

You would be absolutely wrong, too!!! ;) Yours is just your opinion, as is the OPs. I stayed at BC once and I will never stay again. I stayed on cash before I was a DVC owner; I wouldn't waste my points on it. Good thing there is something for everybody!

Well stated WL is one of the top resorts.

ITs funny, Im looking at this thread I started last year while at BC and I just posted another thread about our vacation next year and how I can't decide on doing BC again due to the location or another resort. In the end BC location is outstanding and I'd pick the location over any other but still wasn't too impressed by the resort, the pool or the counter service.

The pool is great but the parts don't contect so to get from one part of the pool to another you have to get out and walk.
counter service was worst one we've ever been to and we've been to plenty while stopping on our way to parks so being a deluxe is no excuse. Quite frankly, Contemporary has one of the best quick services.

Now here I am again, trying to decide on picking a resort that we will like for the them or back to the BC for location. BWI is out due to my husband not liking clowns and YC doesn't seem like a good fit with our daughter.

Requests are, of course, only requests and not guarantees, but if you end up with an unacceptable room again, then you'll need to do what you can to get one that is.

ITs funny, Im looking at this thread I started last year while at BC and I just posted another thread about our vacation next year and how I can't decide on doing BC again due to the location or another resort. In the end BC location is outstanding and I'd pick the location over any other but still wasn't too impressed by the resort, the pool or the counter service.

The pool is great but the parts don't contect so to get from one part of the pool to another you have to get out and walk.
counter service was worst one we've ever been to and we've been to plenty while stopping on our way to parks so being a deluxe is no excuse. Quite frankly, Contemporary has one of the best quick services.

Now here I am again, trying to decide on picking a resort that we will like for the them or back to the BC for location. BWI is out due to my husband not liking clowns and YC doesn't seem like a good fit with our daughter.

We've stayed at YC a few times. It looks like your dd is about 6. YC is not in your face cartoony, but there is lots to see there.

We're also fans of AKL, have you considered it?

We've stayed at YC a few times. It looks like your dd is about 6. YC is not in your face cartoony, but there is lots to see there.

We're also fans of AKL, have you considered it?

DEFINITELY consisered AKL and would stay there in a heart beat but with our park routine, we just can't beat going to other parks during the day and heading to Epcot for the night and taking literally 2 minutes to walk back to our room for the night. You just can't beat that!

Have you considered the Boardwalk? They don't have much in the way of counter service but the Bakery has a better set up now than before. The pool area is really nice...it's one big pool with a great slide. You already know you love the location. The only thing is the building is long so a bit of a walk to the elevators is quite possible.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I'm planning a trip for April 2015. I was planning on booking WL for the 4th time. I like WL - it's the lowest priced of the deluxe hotels, I like the boat ride to MK and the pool - but was thinking of trying something different. BC and YC are only slightly higher priced than WL and I like the location. Ithink WL while beautiful is dark and drab looking and not really my style. I like the lighter colors at BC and YC even though I don't love the nautical theme.

Also in consideration because of the monorail is the Contemporary and the Poly, but the Contemporary is much more expensive and I'm worried about the construction at the Poly in April. AKL is beautiful but AK is our least favorite of the parks so I think transportation will be a drawback for us. I welcome any and all advice about choosing a resort. I'm sure there are many things I haven't even considered that might help me.

Have you considered the Boardwalk? They don't have much in the way of counter service but the Bakery has a better set up now than before. The pool area is really nice...it's one big pool with a great slide. You already know you love the location. The only thing is the building is long so a bit of a walk to the elevators is quite possible.

My husband hates clowns.

DEFINITELY consisered AKL and would stay there in a heart beat but with our park routine, we just can't beat going to other parks during the day and heading to Epcot for the night and taking literally 2 minutes to walk back to our room for the night. You just can't beat that!

We have always gotten are requests at BC. I would just make one or two requests whichever is the most important. I usually ask for a room close to lobby, and they have always honored it.

we just can't beat going to other parks during the day and heading to Epcot for the night and taking literally 2 minutes to walk back to our room for the night. You just can't beat that!

This is exactly why we fell in love with BC several years ago. We still keep going back, but as we go to Disney quite often, we ventured out and tried several different ones too. I'm not sure when you're planning your trip, but keep in mind Poly might be done or at least close to done by your trip. We actually love Poly as much as BC, can't choose a favorite. You are like us in that location is very important -- with the Poly having the TTC right there, you can direct monorail to both MK and Epcot. Also, plan meals at the monorail resorts and get to them very easily. Just an idea for you to consider.

As far as the BC and the room you got last year, it almost seems like that was a fluke, hate to say, but normally resorts are pretty good about accommodating at least one of the requests. It's almost like they noted your requests wrong. I normally request a daybed and a full balcony and I have always gotten at least one of those requests.

I did not like the bc either. although I like the theme. Thought way overpriced. and the quick service options are terrible. Did not like SAB at all. I may try it again now that I have DVC.

BWI is out due to my husband not liking clowns and YC doesn't seem like a good fit with our daughter.

Has he actually seen the clown pool? If not....

I'm pretty darned clown phobic. I was really worried about the pool, but I'm a grownup and can deal with it. The rest of the resort looked awesome so we booked it. Went to the pool, and IMO the clown looked NOTHING like how it did in pictures! It's one of the few cases where advertising-type photos make something look far worse than it is. We actually quite enjoyed the pool, the slide is AMAZING (IMO), and all you have to do if the clown bugs you is to think about what it has to deal with all day, with people sliding out of his mouth. (ew, poor thing)

It's worth a try, says another phobic person to (the wife of) another.

Wowzers you walk fast!

You would be absolutely wrong, too!!! ;) Yours is just your opinion, as is the OPs.

The person you quoted was responding to "I think the resort gets looked over and how beach club is overrated and prob wouldn't be a thought in anyone's mind if it weren't for the location".

Saying that it wouldn't be a thought in anyone's mind if it weren't for location isn't really an opinion; it's a pretty strong statement. Since at least one person doesn't feel that way, it's not a correct statement. (and obviously the person who said that has changed her mind in the last 10 months :) )

Opinions are "I like this" and "I dislike this". Not "it wouldn't be a thought if it weren't for location"...know what I mean?

And even if it is an opinion, it's not a correct opinion since at least one person doesn't feel that way. :)

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I'm planning a trip for April 2015. I was planning on booking WL for the 4th time. I like WL - it's the lowest priced of the deluxe hotels, I like the boat ride to MK and the pool - but was thinking of trying something different. BC and YC are only slightly higher priced than WL and I like the location. Ithink WL while beautiful is dark and drab looking and not really my style. I like the lighter colors at BC and YC even though I don't love the nautical theme. Also in consideration because of the monorail is the Contemporary and the Poly, but the Contemporary is much more expensive and I'm worried about the construction at the Poly in April. AKL is beautiful but AK is our least favorite of the parks so I think transportation will be a drawback for us. I welcome any and all advice about choosing a resort. I'm sure there are many things I haven't even considered that might help me.

We've stayed at all the resorts you mentioned with the exception of AKL. If you have small children, stay at CR. Otherwise, our preferences are:

1. BC
2. YC
3. Toss up btw CR & WL - we found the rooms at WL to be tiny. CR has much larger rooms & being able to walk to MK and being one stop away from the Epcot monorail is tough to beat. While we found WL to have a beautiful lobby & grounds, the rooms themselves were small with dark bathrooms, the quick service restaurant was meh, and the sit down restaurant was downright obnoxious and sub par service & food- in our opinion. But the CR feels more like a regular hotel vs. a resort.

If I had to pick between bc, YC, WL- I'd pick BC or YC- hands down. We've always had lovely rooms at BC and YC.

We've stayed at all the resorts you mentioned with the exception of AKL. If you have small children, stay at CR. Otherwise, our preferences are:

1. BC
2. YC
3. Toss up btw CR & WL - we found the rooms at WL to be tiny. CR has much larger rooms & being able to walk to MK and being one stop away from the Epcot monorail is tough to beat. While we found WL to have a beautiful lobby & grounds, the rooms themselves were small with dark bathrooms, the quick service restaurant was meh, and the sit down restaurant was downright obnoxious and sub par service & food- in our opinion. But the CR feels more like a regular hotel vs. a resort.

If I had to pick between bc, YC, WL- I'd pick BC or YC- hands down. We've always had lovely rooms at BC and YC.

We don't mind the small rooms since it's just 3 of us and the darkness doesn't bother us either. I'm assuming AKL must be just as dark? Does anyone know about their rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter