Vent about MS giving misinformation

javaj

DIS Veteran
I have gotten so many helpful Member Services reps. But yesterday (when the wait times were over 20 minutes!) I spoke to 2 reps that said I could not bank transferred points. So since I was working on getting some points transferred, I waited to make a reservation even though at that time all nights of the reservations I needed were available.

Well today, when the other DVC member and I were on conference call with MS for the transfer, I asked that question again and was given the same answer that I had found on disboards -- that yes, I can bank the transferred points.

So I went ahead and tried to make my reservations for 3 1-BR units today, borrowing points from next year's points with the intention of just banking the transferred points when it came through (3 to 5 business days for the transfer). But on the 3rd one, the last night became unavailable! Argh! I would already have made the reservation yesterday if it hadn't been for that rep telling me I wouldn't be able to bank the transferred points.

Sigh. Lesson learned. Call a 3rd when I think the reps are wrong despite the long wait times. I did waitlist for that last night....hoping that's an easy one since I just lost it by seconds and this is for SSR. So I'd better be one of the first ones given that night when someone cancels. Anyone cancelling a 1 BR unit at SSR October 18th? :rotfl:

IIRC, you are not supposed to be able to bank transferred points. However, there is no computer check to stop you from doing it. I have banked transferred points in the past with no problem.

POS says "All Transferred Home Resort Vacation Points retain the Use Year of the transferring Club Member and expire at the end of the transferring Club Member's Use Year, unless they are banked. Once banked, Transferred Home Resort Vacation Points will expire at the end of the Transferring Club Member's next Use Year unless they are used. In addition, Transferred Home Resort Vacation Points cannot be un-Banked or returned to their original Use Year. "

Sorry that happened to you.

If it ever happens again (CM tells you something that you know to be incorrect), try asking (ever so sweetly,of course) if the CM would PLEASE check with a Supervisor because your friend told you she was able to do it. If that doesn't work, then call back - I hate being on hold or missing out on a tough to get reservation, LOL.

P.S. It helps if you call the CM by name - I always write down the CM's name when they answer. Even ask them to spell it if I get a "mumbler".

I wonder what the CM turnover rate is in MS? If there are new CM's in MS, I could see how it might be difficult to quickly come up to speed on all the rules and regulations of DVC.

I'm trying to ensure I understand how everything works, so if I ever get a newbie CM who tries to give me incorrect information, I'll know better. I can always call back and get a different CM who does understand the rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter