• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Veggie Centerpiece for Christmas

FantasticDisFamily

<font color=navy>Sent <font color=red>on a <font c
DH was at a meeting last night (yea, he likes this volunteer board because the hostesses try to outdo each other on the munchies) and told me about this really cool idea. So I just had to hop on here this morning and share it!

It is a veggie Christmas Tree.

You start with a styrofoam cone as the base. Cut apart fresh broccoli so you have similar in size broccoli flowerettes. Spear a toothpick into each piece of broccoli and arrange them around the cone, leaving some spaces for the "ornaments". The ornaments are cherry or grape tomatoes. Again spear them on toothpicks and stick into the cone. For the top take a large mushroom cap and cut it into a star shape and spear it onto the very top with a toothpick. Place the "tree" on a large platter and arrange other veggies around the base of the tree as the "skirt".

I AM going to do this for something.

Deb

I did something similar, one year, covering the base with lettuce and adding shrimp. People are bowled over with the presentation and it's SO easy!

inky dinky doo, I love your shrimp idea! Thanks for sharing! I would love to do this for Christmas! How many shrimp does it take?

jacksmom said:
How many shrimp does it take?

It really depends on the size of your cone. :teeth: Sorry. Just couldn't resist. As I recall, my cone was probably a foot or a foot and a half tall, and just guessing, I'd say I probably used at least a pound or two of shrimp, probably more. It's been awhile. And, I usually just eyeball what I think I'll need and then add some. I hate to run out of stuff when I'm hosting a party.

I hope you try this. It really is impressive.

Thanks! I am definetaly going to try this for Christmas! I think it will be a lot of fun to do! I am looking for new ideas for this year (I'm so bored with the tried and true)! :rolleyes: I think I will buy 2 1/2 lbs and hope for the best! :rotfl: Thanks again for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter