Vegetarians at Remy

strangeling

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are going on our 11th Disney Cruise - but it'll be our first on the Dream!

We're very excited about Remy & have booked it online.

We're both vegetarians (no meat/poultry/seafood) and I've seen scans of special vegetarian menus from Remy online from past cruisers' visits. I've heard mention that they "requested vegetarian menus ahead of time", but I cannot figure out who or how I do this! Do I do this once I'm onboard? Or via phone/email somehow before we leave?

I did notice now that when we were booking our actual cruise online at the official disneycruise.com website it specifically asked if we had special dietary needs, and I clicked "vegetarian" for both of us, but I'm not sure if they extrapolate that information for the Palo and Remy nights or just rotational dining, or even what they use that information for, lol.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! We always find a lot of great veggie food on Disney Cruises & at the parks, so I'm excited to see what Remy will have in store for us.

Oh yes, I've read that page through a few times before (looks awesome!) =)

My question is though - who & when do I contact?

The reviewer wrote:
"Before boarding the ship, I contacted my travel agency and Disney Special Services. I noted my allergies and dietary needs and made requests."

But since I just booked the cruise from DisneyCruise.com - I don't have a travel agent =( I'm not sure how Disney Special Services is contacted either. Any thoughts?

I went up to the desk at Remy when they opened on the first night and told them when we were dining (the next night) and that I was a vegetarian.

When I arrived our server was aware and guided me through the menu.

Very easy.

I'm very happy to report that we just got off the Dream this morning and had an AMAZING vegetarian dinner the other day at Remy!

Easily the best dining experience I have had, Disney or otherwise.

Five full courses along with many amuse-bouches (little mini/surprise courses) - all clearly intended as vegetarian offerings and on a separately printed Vegetarian Menu. Nothing felt left out or side-dishy (the way veggie meals sometimes do), but rather everything was very well planned, presented, very intriguing and absolutely delicious.

We're both vegetarian (not vegan) so we enjoyed the fantastic cheese course as well (their cheese trolley is over the top awesome). Other than the cheese course it appears that many of their vegetarian dishes can be made suitable for vegan diners as well.

We had the Sommelier choose a wine pairing with each course - in our case (since we had vegetable-based dishes, I suppose) they were all white wines, and a couple were the best I have ever had (though for the life of me, I lost track of the names!).

We indicated that we were vegetarians when we booked our cruise at the DCL website, and the staff at Remy were already prepared for us.

I can't wait to go back! Any fellow veggies out there - don't hesitate to book Remy - I was a little worried at first (I had only seen the meaty menus in the beginning online) - but now wholeheartedly recommend it.

Perfect timing; I just found this post by running a search for vegetarian remy and you posted today :goodvibes

Glad to hear you had a good experience; I have noted on my reservation that I am vegetarian and I think I am going to do the wine pairing as well

I guess I will pop by before our dinner just to make sure that they are aware; I am hoping that they will just decide all of my courses for me so I can just sit back, relax and enjoy :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter