• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vegetarianism

dragonfly75 said:
Well, I think I'm going to go for it, I already don't ever eat meat for breakfast or lunch, so its just dinner, and on top of that I don't eat pork = P

So, if anyone wants to try it with me.....;-)
Good luck and keep us updated.

go for it dragonfly, your body and your concience will feel so much better!!

I've been doin it for 19 years - never could do the "food with a face"

les
x

Just want to say one more thing.

For those of you that go on constant diets, take diet pills, eat vegitarian, or whatever in hopes that you will lose weight. I just want to inform you that most of those diets are completely ridiculous. The only way your are going to lose weight, period, is to burn more calories than you take in. There is no "dieting secret". You could be on Atkins or the L.A. Beach diet or whatever, and still gain weight. If your not burning more calories than you take in, then you are not going to lose weight.

So basically, the best diet is to watch your calories, and make sure you are getting enough exercise. Thats it.

As for why I'm not a vegitarian, well, I try to eat as balanced a diet I can, and I just feel that a diet without an entire food group isn't balanced for me.

MuNkY said:
Just want to say one more thing.

For those of you that go on constant diets, take diet pills, eat vegitarian, or whatever in hopes that you will lose weight. I just want to inform you that most of those diets are completely ridiculous. The only way your are going to lose weight, period, is to burn more calories than you take in. There is no "dieting secret". You could be on Atkins or the L.A. Beach diet or whatever, and still gain weight. If your not burning more calories than you take in, then you are not going to lose weight.

So basically, the best diet is to watch your calories, and make sure you are getting enough exercise. That's it.

As for why I'm not a vegetarian, well, I try to eat as balanced a diet I can, and I just feel that a diet without an entire food group isn't balanced for me.
I'm not a vegetarian

I agree...those diets are ridiculous. The best way to lose weight is exercise and a balanced amount of food. :)

Also not to mention most of those diet pills are un-healthy.

MuNkY said:
Also not to mention most of those diet pills are un-healthy.
did you know that those do part of what meth does to you? How it makes weight fall off of you. (you will gain it back, and really fast, and it is no way healty) but they act alot like meth in how the interact with your body.

Ever since I had to do a debate in school, this year on Tacobell vs Wendys.. being for tacobell... I got really frightened about not knowning what happened to the chickens before being killed and processed. ha ew memories.. gross.
It's just that I found a lot of stuff about wendys that no one really wants to know.. it's gross and I told my whole class and I swear by the end of my opening statement.. people wanted to barf.
But no I'm not a vegertain, mainly because my mom doesn't know what to cook for me if not chicken or anything else like that. hmm. At least she agrees with me:)

I agree with Munky. There can be some things in diet pills that speed up your heart rate which can potentially be dangerous.

:)

Animal lovers, this is not to offend you, and I'm sorry if anyone takes this the wrong way...please don't.

Look, I'm gonna be frank...SOMEONE is going to kill the animals and SOMEONE is going to eat them. I <333 meat and it tastes good, so why not have that SOMEONE be me? If you are a vegetarian and truly believe in what you are doing, then good for you, I applaud your willpower and ideals. For me...I don't have a vegitarian's point of view...so I just don't do that.

Furthermore, I don't really care if fast food is whatever % sawdust...it tastes great to me and I like it and I will continue to eat it.

Third and finally, meat is NOT unhealthy and bad for you...c'moon. Do you seriously believe that? You NEED the protein and vitamins it provides...and if not through meat, then through something else. Yes, if you deep fry everything, that's bad for you. But don't go around saying "meat is bad for you" cuz it's not.

End rant.

I totally agree with you.... except on the fast food part.... I don't trust that food... ever since SuperSize Me

ann-e-mator said:
I totally agree with you.... except on the fast food part.... I don't trust that food... ever since SuperSize Me
I swore off McDonalds when I saw him throw up after trying to eat that supersized meal.

I think I was eating a Big Mac a week later.

Princess Ash said:
Animal lovers, this is not to offend you, and I'm sorry if anyone takes this the wrong way...please don't.

Look, I'm gonna be frank...SOMEONE is going to kill the animals and SOMEONE is going to eat them. I <333 meat and it tastes good, so why not have that SOMEONE be me? If you are a vegetarian and truly believe in what you are doing, then good for you, I applaud your willpower and ideals. For me...I don't have a vegitarian's point of view...so I just don't do that.

Furthermore, I don't really care if fast food is whatever % sawdust...it tastes great to me and I like it and I will continue to eat it.

Third and finally, meat is NOT unhealthy and bad for you...c'moon. Do you seriously believe that? You NEED the protein and vitamins it provides...and if not through meat, then through something else. Yes, if you deep fry everything, that's bad for you. But don't go around saying "meat is bad for you" cuz it's not.

End rant.

I don't want to start a big debate, but I'm going to give my opinion as a vegetarian. First, sure, someone will keep killing animals because someone (like you and millions of others) will eat it. However, since all vegetarians no longer buy meat, less animals are being killed. If for example, everyone in the world became vegetarian...would companies still produce meat? Of course not - because there is no more demand for it. That will most likely never happen, but with me and all the other vegetarians, less animals are being killed.
I don't have an opinion on the fast food thing since I've never really eaten mean from there...so onto the third thing.
Sure, meat is not bad for you. If it was, most of the population would be extremely unhealthy. However, it is not needed for a healthy diet. Also, meat causes many illnesses like mad cow, sickness from raw/uncooked meat, and now bird flu. I can't think of any vegetarian food that is associated with things like that.

I'm not trying to "convert" anyone...this is just my opinion and I respect yours also. :)

I like Venicen. (sp). It's great tasting, and it helps keep the deer population out of control.

Random I know.

MuNkY said:
I like Venicen. (sp). It's great tasting, and it helps keep the deer population out of control.

Random I know.

Now that's just said, Bambi should not be eaten.

I've been a vegetarian for about 10 years I never really liked meat so I just kinda stopped eating it. I love animals but that's not why I did it. I have quite a few friends that are vegetarians too and they have reasons such as animal lovers, don't like meat, to it just being easier (dont ask me, thats just what he says but he is kinda crazy). I haven't had fast food of any form in years, "Fast Food Nation" helped influence that, its a really good book similar to the expose style of "Super Size Me" and is soon to be a movie. And yes people are always going to eat meat but it's good to know you're not helping put those animals in the under regulated slaughterhouses.

MuNkY said:

Random I know.
Venison is very good. (things taste better when they are fresh from the woods, and not from a store) rabbit is also pretty good if you like the game-y taste.

And about population controle, Hunting is NEEDED. and most (wish I could say all, but sadly there are poachers) use almost all of the animal. they mount the rack can tan the hide. Did you know a deer is the only creature that has the chemicals in its brain to tan its own hide? It is. Deer (and most other animals) will NOT stop breeding when tehy run out of living space or food. They will continue to breed and starve. Hunters take down the population by killing only certain animals at a certain time of the year. which lets the deer breed in an enviornment that will sustain them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter