vegetarian?

pixxi

Mouseketeer
My daughter is a vegetarian and looking for suggestions for counter services meals, she doesn't like onions, mushrooms or peppers! Yep, hard to deal with that as a vegetarian so instead of wondering around or just watching the rest of the family eat I am just looking for suggestions.

This will be very time consuming and I'm sure you posted this thread to get suggestions and to eliminate some of this work, but if you check each of the counter service menus, you should be able to tell from the description of each item whether she can eat it.

Also check out the kids meals. DS is picky and vegetarian and can usually find something on the kids menu- pizza, mac & cheese, salad. Columbia Harbour House is a favorite at MK, China Pavilion at EPCOT(he takes the shrimp out of the shrimp fried rice), Pizzafari at AK. We usually do TS at Hollywood Studios. Also, if you see a pasta dish on the adult menu, they can usually make it without certain toppings or sauces.

My favorites are...

MK - I like the hummus slaw sandwich at Columbia Harbor House or the veggie chili and a side of fries
AK- Mr Kamals Samosa and Noodle salad or sometimes edamame from Caravan Road (these are both kiosks that are near each other), Pizzafari Mediterranean pizza
HS- not many good veg options but sometimes I get a loaded baked potato (no bacon) from Fairfax Fare. Pizzarizzo should open soon so could try there.
Epcot- lots vegetarian options at Sunshine Seasons are good or the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco WS has a good veg platter.

Check out menus online. I go to http://allears.net/dining/menu

Lots of good suggestions above. Also at MK, sometimes I get a side of mashed potatoes and green beans at Cosmic Rays, Cous cous and broccoli at Columbia Harbor House, tomato soup and fries at Pinnochios Village Haus, Mac and cheese at Friar's Nook.

There are PLENTY of tasty vegetarian options at WDW now. It's probably best for you to take a look at all the menus - make sure you look at ALL of them because sometimes there is a stand or kiosk that you wouldn't think had anything healthy or veggie but it will randomly have the most amazing options. I'm not a vegetarian but sometimes, especially when it's hot at WDW, I just don't feel like eating anything heavy so I will opt for a vegetarian option. Seriously, sometimes the veggie options are the tastiest things on the menu!

Be Our Guest, Tangierine Cafe, Columbia Harbor House, and Wolfgang Puck have my favorite vegetarian options.
Most burger places have a veggie burger.

Lots of good suggestions above. Also at MK, sometimes I get a side of mashed potatoes and green beans at Cosmic Rays, Cous cous and broccoli at Columbia Harbor House, tomato soup and fries at Pinnochios Village Haus, Mac and cheese at Friar's Nook.

The mashed potatoes are vegetarian? So many places put chicken stock in them, so it's hard to find vegetarian ones. This is great to read!

OP, Hollywood Studios is the only place I struggle to eat. There are things there, just not usually what I want to eat. No one wants a veggie burger that isn't good every day, but they'll do in a pinch. I try to get ADRs at HS so I have better options. At MK I do Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills (you can get a vegetarian burrito that isn't on the menu), and Pinocchio Village Haus. Epcot is easy because there are so many places to eat. AK I don't know as well, but I'm going to look into the booths that another person mentioned before me when I go next week.

My daughter is a vegetarian and looking for suggestions for counter services meals, she doesn't like onions, mushrooms or peppers! Yep, hard to deal with that as a vegetarian so instead of wondering around or just watching the rest of the family eat I am just looking for suggestions.
DD is a vegetarian that hates fruit (I know I know.. she gets around it with fruit smoothies because she can handle that texture. I don't get it, but it is what it is.)She's been a vegetarian for 8 years, but most of our onsite trips were at least three years ago so I'm not as familiar with the choices anymore. I know Sunshine seasons was always a hit, and some of the menu items at La Cantina de San Angel I believe. She also likes the counter service option in Morocco . I do know she gets VERY sick of veggie burgers by the end of a trip so we do tend to go out of our way to find other things. I think there was a sandwich at Columbia Harbour House she loves as well.

The mashed potatoes are vegetarian? So many places put chicken stock in them, so it's hard to find vegetarian ones. This is great to read!

OP, Hollywood Studios is the only place I struggle to eat. There are things there, just not usually what I want to eat. No one wants a veggie burger that isn't good every day, but they'll do in a pinch. I try to get ADRs at HS so I have better options. At MK I do Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills (you can get a vegetarian burrito that isn't on the menu), and Pinocchio Village Haus. Epcot is easy because there are so many places to eat. AK I don't know as well, but I'm going to look into the booths that another person mentioned before me when I go next week.
Re:mashed potatoes, I've not specifically asked about them at Cosmic Rays, but I have asked at buffet places (Tusker House, Boma) - at the latter I was told by one of the kitchen staff who walked me through the line that the mashed potatoes were vegetarian. So I'm assuming they are at Cosmic Rays too, but of course you may want to double check. To me they did taste the same (yummy!).

My family is vegetarian. I try to be vegan, but am usually vegetarian too. haha :P I copy/pasted some QS info from our dining plans. We are mostly doing TS at DHS so I don't really have much CS ideas there.

Magic Kingdom

Starbucks

Columbia Harbor House (one of our favs) - chili, fries, sandwich

Cosmic Ray’s - falafel burger & fries or veg

Gaston’s Tavern, snacks

Sunset Tree Terrace - Citrus Swirl $4

Animal Kingdom

Tamu Tamu - dole whip, ice cream

Zuri Sweet Shop

Hollywood Studios

pretzel $5

Trolley Car Cafe -butterfinger cupcake

Epcot

Kringla (breakfast) -school bread, veg torte, lefse, rice cream, troll horn $15

Sunshine Seasons

tangierene cafe - veggie platter $12

Refreshment Port - cronut $5

Karamell-Küche - Caramel Corn $4

L'Artisan Des Glaces - ice cream shop $10

Boulangerie Patisserie - croissant and coffee in AM

Last edited:
Great suggestions above, but not sure the mac and cheese would work for her, unlesss she consumes animal rennet. Not sure if any of the Disney owned restaurants identify if they use veggie or animal rennet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter