Vegetarian meals at Liberty Tree and Garden Grill?

I do not know if they have a specific veggie option, but we did LTT with my sister and niece who are both vegetarians and they ate lots of the salad, potatoes, veggies, rolls etc......they brought more of those too as they were eating more than a side portion. This does not fill the protein quota for the meal but they were fine with it and my sister says she still dreams of those green beans. There is mac and cheese too.

Both are family style restaurants, so it's all you can eat but it's a limited selection unlike a buffet. Garden Grill has veggies and a potato casserole, which may or mayh not be vegetarian.

They're both are great restaurants, but I don't know if either one would be a great choice for a vegetarian. You could try calling them to see if they honor special requests.

I am a vegetarian I will avoid both these places due to the menus/offerings. There are many more places at WDW that offer real choice for vegetarians. Even with grear character experiences and a rotating dining room these places cannot make our list. In the end we need to eat and I'm not spending a TS or TS$ for salad and bread. Those days are behind us. Vegetarian choice is much more common nowadays.

I think I've seen some vegetarian folks say that at LTT they got the Amber Waves of Grain entree from the lunch menu for dinner; it sounded like this was kind of a standard thing, but I don't know.

I know at Ohana they have a standard vegetarian dish that they make; you don't have to call ahead for it either--you just tell your server and they make it on the spot. I would hope that LTT and Garden Grill have some similar backup plan for vegetarians.

Boma's has great offerings for The Herbivores in your family. Check out this list:
African Breads

Mixed Field Greens:
Mango Vinaigrette, Paw Paw Vinaigrette,
Chili Cilantro Vinaigrette, Balsamic Vinaigrette
Potato Salad
Fresh Fruit

Pasta Salad
Watermelon Rind Salad
Kool Slaai
Chicken Salad with Chili Cilantro
Moroccan Seafood Salad - Couscous, mussels, scallops and shrimp

Avocado, Grapefruit, Papaya, Curry Cucumber Salad, Spinach and Beet Salad

Macaroni and Cheese
Saffron Rice

African Soups and Stews:
Chicken Corn Porridge
Smoked Tomato Soup

Sweet Potato Pancakes
Vegetable Lentil Kofta
Pap
Braised Greens
FuFu
Potatoes with Afritude

Durban Spiced Roasted Chicken
Malabu Pepper Steak

Grilled Seafood

Wood Roasted Meats

Vegetable Skewers
Chicken Pepper Pot
Coconut Curried Chicken Soup
Curried Coconut Seafood Stew
Couscous Marrakesh

Chicken Tenders
Spaghetti and Meatballs

Wonderful Dessert Buffet including:
Zebra Domes
Simba Paw Prints

I think I've seen some vegetarian folks say that at LTT they got the Amber Waves of Grain entree from the lunch menu for dinner; it sounded like this was kind of a standard thing, but I don't know.

I know at Ohana they have a standard vegetarian dish that they make; you don't have to call ahead for it either--you just tell your server and they make it on the spot. I would hope that LTT and Garden Grill have some similar backup plan for vegetarians.

I am also a vegetarian and ate dinner at LTT and they brought me the amber waves of grain.I didn't care for eat so I just had the sides as my meal which I LOVED.
Does anyone know what the standard dish is for ohana's?
Laura

Does anyone know what the standard dish is for ohana's?
Laura

I was there in January and it was an udon noodle dish with veggies and they brought miso broth on the side so you could make it as much or as little like a soup as you wanted. I liked it, but I liked the sides better.

I was there in January and it was an udon noodle dish with veggies and they brought miso broth on the side so you could make it as much or as little like a soup as you wanted. I liked it, but I liked the sides better.

Sides are yummy popcorn::

Garden Grill had some sort of veggie risotto when we were there as the vegetarian option.

LTT does the Amber Waves of Grain, which amounts to a huge bowl of grain with vegetables piled on top. It's not the best meal I've ever had, but it's not bad. It is way too much food for me, and I eat well.... I do prefer to eat AWG than to stick with the side dishes when we decide to eat there - it's one of non-vegetarian DDs favorites.....

Garden Grill..... I used to recommend them for vegetarians. They used to have this really excellent ravioli (pumpkin, I think) with roasted veg. It was *really* good. When we went in Feb, I made a point of going there...... and wound up with a plate of spaghetti and veg. OK, the veg was fresh, but honestly, anyone who can cut vegetables and boil pasta could have made the dish. I was disappointed and it really wasn't worth even half the cost.

Garden Grill had some sort of veggie risotto when we were there as the vegetarian option.

Exactly, most people would never go to a TS that had just one "carnivorous option". Vegetarians don't actually all like the same things, so we deserve choices too. I can't think of a meat eater who would expect or be content to pay the kind of prices these places charge to have "an option", not a selection of options.

Exactly, most people would never go to a TS that had just one "carnivorous option". Vegetarians don't actually all like the same things, so we deserve choices too. I can't think of a meat eater who would expect or be content to pay the kind of prices these places charge to have "an option", not a selection of options.

My complaint as well. Add to that me AND my boyfriend are vegetarian, so when we go somewhere (most places) at WDW that have that one vegetarian selection, we have to order the same thing. Spoodles used to have a couple or 3 vegetarian entrees, now I see they have none.:confused3

Boma is by far our favorite. It's thrilling to have so many choices. But whoever it was that posted all the vegetarian things at Boma, chicken corn chowder isn't really one of them.:)

I have eaten vegetarian meals at both the LTT and Garden Grill. The rissotto at the Garden Grill was absolutely the best I ever had! I am going back for more on my next trip!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Liberty Tree Tavern had a pretty good quinoa and veggie dish. It was not outstanding, but it was interesting an excellent source of protein!

My friend who traveled with us in Jan is a vegetarian. She really liked the risotto at Garden Grill; I mean raved about it. It looked good. She also ate the salad, bread and dessert from the regular platter. She passed on the potatoes, mac & cheese and veggies.

We also ate at Chef Mickey's, Boma, Tusker House and she made out quite well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter