Vegetarian food at San Angel

thirtycats

Mouseketeer
I was thinking of eating at San Angel in Epcot.

I'm vegetarian and there doesn't seem to be any vegetarian food on the menu.

Are there any vegetarians here who had luck there?

Did you call ahead? Could I just order something and ask to leave the meat out? Would they make something special? Give me a dirty look and throw me out?

LOL We didn't eat there on our last trip for the very reason you mentioned: there didn't seem to be anything on the menu. But I am quite sure you could order anything without the meat on it, that's what we usually do at Mexican restaurants that don't offer grilled veggies. I hope someone with experience can answer as I'd like to know if they offer anything as well :)

Thanks, Laura. I've never understood the "hidden" vegetarian menu. They used to do that at Blue Bayou (DL) as well. Plus, all the counter service places at DL have veggie burgers but only put them on the menu board a little over a year ago. Why hide them? Non-vegetarians enjoy meatless meals as well on occasion.

I was thinking of eating at San Angel in Epcot.

I'm vegetarian and there doesn't seem to be any vegetarian food on the menu.

Are there any vegetarians here who had luck there?

Did you call ahead? Could I just order something and ask to leave the meat out? Would they make something special? Give me a dirty look and throw me out?

There is a separate vegetarian menu. You have to ask for it after you are seated. Enjoy!

Thanks, Laura. I've never understood the "hidden" vegetarian menu. They used to do that at Blue Bayou (DL) as well. Plus, all the counter service places at DL have veggie burgers but only put them on the menu board a little over a year ago. Why hide them? Non-vegetarians enjoy meatless meals as well on occasion.

I totally agree. Why can't it be on the regular menu? It seems so silly.

Thanks for the info.

The food on the special top-secret vegetarian menu sounds good.

Really good.

But I agree, why hide it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter