Vegetarian - China pavillon food

trixie1822

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

As a vegetarian, I heard that even the "vegetarian" dishes were not vegetarian due to chicken stock use in the veggies.

Do you know if this is true ???:scratchin

Many thanks !!!

I'd rather rely on knowing that it was false. Since I've never been able to confirm that it was false, I have to make my decisions based on the assumption that it is true.

I do know it is true for every single Chinese restaurant in my local area.

I've read the same info. You should probably know (unless you already do) is that the cupcakes at DHS (and possibly other locations) are not vegetarian - they contain lard.

Hope you find all the information you need.

:)

I've read the same info. You should probably know (unless you already do) is that the cupcakes at DHS (and possibly other locations) are not vegetarian - they contain lard.

Hope you find all the information you need.

:)

I'm not sure about lard, but I know that at least one cupcake out in Anaheim has gelatin in two different parts, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Orlando ones do, too.

For a place that seems to pride itself on making things edible for the most amount of people at once they sure are shooting themselves in the foot with the cupcakes. (vegetarians and people whose religions either don't allow any of that OR that require knowing where the ingredient came from)

Bleh.. not looking forward to telling dd about the gelatin in the cupcakes. She'll need to ask before she eats one but it's better to be forewarned.

I have often wondered if vegetarians ate gelatin. I knew vegans wouldn't, but didn't really know where gelatin fell in a vegetarians diet.

Disney takes foods and thing like this pretty serious. I would suspect if it says vegetarian, that it is vegetarian. Best thing to do is ask to speak with a manager to make sure.

I have never eaten at any Disney Chinese restaurants for that reason. A Google search for "nine dragons chicken stock vegetarian" will pull up reviews and articles about this. I'd opt for eating elsewhere at Epcot (Sunshine Seasons, Garden Grill, Tangierine Cafe, San Angel Inn, or an Italian place). It's unfortunate that many vegetarians eat there unknowingly. :(

Many thanks for your replies guys!!

Ok, we will forget the chinese restaurants... and the cupcakes too :sad:

At least we will have another choices in the park. In Europe, where we live, it is not so easy to find good and trustables vegetarians dishes :furious:

Many thanks for your replies guys!!

Ok, we will forget the chinese restaurants... and the cupcakes too :sad:

At least we will have another choices in the park. In Europe, where we live, it is not so easy to find good and trustables vegetarians dishes :furious:
Just wanted to make sure you know about BabyCakes at DTD. It's all vegan cupcakes, doughnuts, muffins, etc. I have a feeling the lard and/or gelatin in cupcakes is probably CS cupcakes (the kind that look like Little Debbie or other pre-packaged type stuff). I always have chefs walk us through buffets (Boma, 1900 PF, Crystal Palace, Hollywood & Vine, Tusker House), and they always tell me what things have gelatin in them (like zebra domes, gummy candies, most cobblers and pies). They have always said the buffet cupcakes (at those places) are vegetarian.

Just wanted to make sure you know about BabyCakes at DTD. It's all vegan cupcakes, doughnuts, muffins, etc. I have a feeling the lard and/or gelatin in cupcakes is probably CS cupcakes (the kind that look like Little Debbie or other pre-packaged type stuff). I always have chefs walk us through buffets (Boma, 1900 PF, Crystal Palace, Hollywood & Vine, Tusker House), and they always tell me what things have gelatin in them (like zebra domes, gummy candies, most cobblers and pies). They have always said the buffet cupcakes (at those places) are vegetarian.

Many thanks for the info. Really appreciated !!!!

Check out this thread here about Vegan/Vegetarian food at Disney.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2473465

It has a lot of info and very detailed reviews of restaurants. Still reading it and is been very helpful for planing my trip. Recent posts have reviews for BOG. I think it was on this thread that I read that the vegetarian meals at the china pavilion are not vegetarian because of the chicken stock.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter