Vegas to Grand Canyon - Breakfast Ideas??

Muddy Rivers

DIS Veteran
We will be driving to the Grand Canyon after spending a few days in Vegas. We plan on leaving around 6 am. Can anyone suggest a place to stop on the way for breakfast?

Once you hit Henderson there is The Omelet House or Hometown American
Eats. There’s an iHop and Denny’s just off the 515 on Warm Springs if you
want a chain place.

If you can wait till you get to Boulder City there’s a place called “Coffee Cup”. I
haven’t been there since 2007 but it was a really good ”mom and pop” kind of
place.

After that - there is nothing for a long time.

We just made the trek from the Grand Canyon to Vegas the first of June.

Make sure you gas up in Vegas/Henderson before hitting 93. When you get to the "bottom" of 93 to get on interstate 40 stop in Kingman, AZ (I think exit 59/60) that is the cheapest gas again to Flagstaff.

When you get to the Grand Canyon gas is going to be crazy expensive just because they can charge the price is all I can figure out. Tusayan, AZ is really expensive little town, simply because they are a tourist trap.

Of course these tips depend on what rim you are going to visit at the Grand Canyon. I was just guessing the South Rim. I cannot say enough good things about the Pink Jeep tour. We did the 3 hour tour and it was pricey, very pricey, but so worth it to us and we loved every minute of it.

I hope you have a great trip. We loved the Grand Canyon and Williams, AZ and then Vegas as well.

Yes, we are headed to the South Rim. We have a night scheduled at El Tovar. Thanks for the gas tips. We will be sure to follow your advice.

We will be leaving Vegas driving to the South Rim, spending one night there and heading to Palm Springs the next day.

Any suggestions as to what time to leave Vegas? I was thinking by 6 am. I believe it is a five hour drive. (am I correct?) That's the reason we were looking for a place to stop for breakfast on the way. We are driving on a Tuesday if weekend traffic enters into the equation.

DIS people have always given us great advice! Thanks!

Yes, we are headed to the South Rim. We have a night scheduled at El Tovar. Thanks for the gas tips. We will be sure to follow your advice.

We will be leaving Vegas driving to the South Rim, spending one night there and heading to Palm Springs the next day.

Any suggestions as to what time to leave Vegas? I was thinking by 6 am. I believe it is a five hour drive. (am I correct?) That's the reason we were looking for a place to stop for breakfast on the way. We are driving on a Tuesday if weekend traffic enters into the equation.

DIS people have always given us great advice! Thanks!

I personally don't know how bad the traffic will be at 6am in Vegas. Hopefully that before the start of morning rush hour. Of course you will also be driving out of town which should help as well.

I'm pretty sure we made it from Williams, AZ to Vegas under 5 hours.

I would really recommend buying your pass for the grand canyon before you get to the park gate. The lines were looooong for those that wanted to pay at the entrance to the park. There are several places in Tusayan that sell park passes and then you can be in the far left lane which is the prepaid pass lane to get into the park.

One thing I don't know if has been suggested but I would bring a sweater or jacket. The elevation is high in the canyon and it gets cold at night and early mornings. We were there early June and I was freezing in the mornings but we were coming from desert climate as well.

Does anyone happen to know if there is anywhere else to eat closer to the Grand Canyon other than Henderson? It's a little early in our trip to stop. I would love to be able to stop further along on our trip as a nice break.

Is there anything in Kingman as far as breakfast goes?

There's Mr. D's Diner. It's been years since I was there but I remember it to be a small, quirky 1950's style place with pretty good food. I wonder if Grandpa's Kitchen is still there? I stopped there on a Route 66 road trip in 2010. It is off the beaten track but it was a local who recommended it when Mr's D's wasn't open yet. Typical breakfast, nothing special but hardy and good coffee. Biscuits and gravy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter