Vegas Hotel?

smartestnumber5

<font color=blue>Then it's just a fun time<br><fon
We're going to meet GF's parents in Vegas this spring/summer for a quick trip. We found rates at the Luxor for $80 a night over memorial and Tropicana for $55-70 at different times in May and June. So we could save $45 tops by staying at the Tropicana, but likely less.

Which would you choose? I know the Tropicana's pool is supposed to be better and the Luxor's buffet is better. Anything else we should know?

Of the two you mention, I would choose Luxor over Tropicana.

Is there some reason why (other than price) you are considering these two hotels? The reason I ask is that I would recommend something more mid-Strip like Flamingo, Harrah's, Bally's, Treasure Island, Aladdin or Paris. Since you are planning to go to Vegas in the summer, you may be able to get some very good deals, especially at Flamingo, Harrah's or Bally's. The pool at the Flamingo is considered one of the best in Las Vegas.

Go into all the hotel websites and register for their e-mail promotions. You may get a very good offer.

I like the Trop. Many people don't. It's older, and they haven't kept up their maintence properly. If you don't care about worn spots in the carpets, some chipped tiles in the bathroom etc, the I'd say go with the Trop. But otherwise, pay the extra money for the Luxor!

Just checked the Flamingo and if you check in on Memorial Day you can stay Monday and Tuesday for $60. Wednesday night is $70 and Thursday night is $90.

If these dates work for you, you can't beat that deal - fantastic!

I love the newer part (towers) of the Tropicana, but the older area is absolutely gross! I would avoid it like crazy. Luxor is really nice.

I've stayed at a lot of places in Vegas and I would only avoid the older part of the Frontier and the old part of Tropicana, other than that if it's on the strip it is usually fine.

Jenn

LUxor! Loved it! only downside is - no tubs in the pyramid, but a h uge walk in shower instead. Themeing carried throughout the room very good service, room was HUGE. quiet. Pool was fine although not very deep and not much shade. LOVED IT!

For $45 dollars take the Luxor! The Trop is serviceable, but old, dingy, and kind of icky. It smells old and smoky and you find yourself not wanting to touch much.

The Luxor is much newer and has lots more to offer. It's nicer/fancier and has more entertainment, shopping, and dining options. Plus you can walk to either Mandalay Bay or Excalibur without going outside.

I will agree, though, that the pool is much better at the Trop!

Of the 2, Luxor is your best bet. Also look into Monte Carlo, MGM, Treasure Island and even Bally's (tho we haven't been there for long time)

I think the Tropicana is older and outdated. I would love to stay at Luxor!! Maybe next time.

Enjoy....

We just got home from Vegas on St. Pattys day and we stayed at the Hooters and it was great! For the Sunday-Wed over Memorial day..Sun is $89 and the rest of the week is $50.

If it's more about $$$ than location the Hooters is pretty good and has good prices on drinks and a nice pool area with 2 hot tubs. It was not the 4 seasons but it was nice enough! We had a bungalow room and it was very quiet. The carpet was gross in the hall but the room itself was nice!

We've stayed at almost every single hotel down there on the strip because we go 4-6 times or more a year. Personally I don't like the Luxor *pyramid room and it rained when we stayed there and our room had water all over the floor*, Excalibur.......just a personal decision that I don't like it, Circus Circus feels so dirty and gross and Stratosphere for personal choice.

Tropicana is OK if you get one of the "newer" rooms but you can stay mid strip at places like Ballys for almost the same prices. I think Ballys for the Sun-Wed over Memorial day was $159 for Sunday and $79 per night and it's mid strip. Most all hotels will cost more on Sunday that week but they prices drop significantly on Monday.

Monte Carlo is a GREAT hotel and it's $199 and $79 and we prefer it to Luxor hands down. They have a great wave pool and lazy river.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter