• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

The last time we went, we were told that the noodles and salad were vegan. They also brought out a huge veggie and tofu stir fry. My daughter and I loved it. I seem to remember kids at a different table eating macaroni and cheese, but I'm not positive.
That sounds great, I think my kids would be happy with that too. Thanks!

I did a search but nothing came up so sorry if this has been discussed before. Is it possible to get the croque monsieur at BOG without the ham? I just pre-ordered and only saw an options for the cheese, not removing the ham. I've ordered the quiche but I would much prefer a ham-less croque monsieur!

I don't know but there is a grilled cheese on the kid's menu (and I've been told most of the time the cheese at Disney is vegetarian friendly)

does anyone know what vegan options will be at food and wine this year? I know terra is gone and am having a hard time finding out what and where vegan options will be available

I saw somewhere--maybe even on this thread--that the spaghetti and veggie meatball dish at Prime Time was no longer vegan. :sad1: Does anyone know if it can still be made vegan?

That's one of my fave WDW meals!

TIA for any info.

I saw somewhere--maybe even on this thread--that the spaghetti and veggie meatball dish at Prime Time was no longer vegan. :sad1: Does anyone know if it can still be made vegan?

That's one of my fave WDW meals!

TIA for any info.
my understanding is its not on the menu any more but you can get pasta without veggie balls that's vegan

does anyone know what vegan options will be at food and wine this year? I know terra is gone and am having a hard time finding out what and where vegan options will be available
I'm vegetarian and on limited dairy (somewhat intolerant but not a true allergy) so I've been doing some research for our trip in 3 weeks!!!

So far with Terra gone I've heard there's a vegan Moussaka at Greece and Vegan Korean Barbecue at South Korea. They do a good job of labeling vegetarian dishes but from what I've seen it looks like most have dairy and/or eggs.

I'm vegetarian and on limited dairy (somewhat intolerant but not a true allergy) so I've been doing some research for our trip in 3 weeks!!!

So far with Terra gone I've heard there's a vegan Moussaka at Greece and Vegan Korean Barbecue at South Korea. They do a good job of labeling vegetarian dishes but from what I've seen it looks like most have dairy and/or eggs.
This has been my findings also I was hoping thered be more :( so disappointed its so strange how many vegan options they've taken away especially considering they just added a mention of vegan diets to the dvd

my understanding is its not on the menu any more but you can get pasta without veggie balls that's vegan

Thanks so much, SaraJR. It always annoys me when they take something vegan and un-vegan-ize it. Seems like just the opposite of what they should be doing, particularly with so many people being lactose intolerant.

And best of luck to you at F&W!

Does anybody know of any vegan snacks/meals at universal and citywalk?

Going to be there in a week and have not found much info on vegan food options there.

Going to be there in a week and have not found much info on vegan food options there.

Went there in May. Be forewarned the options are no where near as plentiful as Disney and in my experience the team members knew MUCH LESS about dietary restrictions than Disney CM's. That being said there's a Moe's in Citywalk and the Simpson's food court has a good veggie burger that I think is vegan (I'm vegetarian so I'm not sure.) Antijitos is typical Mexican and I think the vegetarian options are vegan or could be veganized. The most helpful team members were the Cabana Bay food court which were helpful and had several vegetarian options (the tofu curry is great but I'm not sure if there may not be a small amount of dairy in it). In the parks was tough even as a vegetarian let alone as a vegan.

There is a take-out sushi place across from the Panda Express at Citywalk, we ate here twice in August. The Hard Rock made me a great vegan fajita, and Mythos in Islands of Adventure has a vegan pad thai that is pretty good as well. There is a vegan dippin dots selection at one of the carts, but this is not my favourite choice.I would stay away from Leaky Cauldron as the veggie platter is very unappetizing.

Went there in May. Be forewarned the options are no where near as plentiful as Disney and in my experience the team members knew MUCH LESS about dietary restrictions than Disney CM's. That being said there's a Moe's in Citywalk and the Simpson's food court has a good veggie burger that I think is vegan (I'm vegetarian so I'm not sure.) Antijitos is typical Mexican and I think the vegetarian options are vegan or could be veganized. The most helpful team members were the Cabana Bay food court which were helpful and had several vegetarian options (the tofu curry is great but I'm not sure if there may not be a small amount of dairy in it). In the parks was tough even as a vegetarian let alone as a vegan.
The veggie burger at the Simpson's food court is not vegan, it uses egg as a binder, you would think an area that has a focus on Lisa Simpson would serve more vegan options, but all I found in that area was some hummus.

The veggie burger at the Simpson's food court is not vegan, it uses egg as a binder, you would think an area that has a focus on Lisa Simpson would serve more vegan options, but all I found in that area was some hummus.
I wasn't sure. I knew it didn't have cheese on it and was told there wasn't dairy.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a post-Princess Half Marathon dinner for four adults next February. Previously, we've gone to Flying Fish, where the chef made me an amazing collection of small dishes tailored to my tastes. (I'm vegetarian with an aversion to onions, so a bit of a challenge.) Because Flying Fish is going to be closed this year, we need a new plan. We've prefer to stay at or near Epcot.

I'm the only vegetarian, and not picky (aside from the onion thing), so I can be flexible. We're looking for someplace civilized and at least a bit upscale, as this is a celebratory dinner. There are several places where I can find a pasta dish, but with pre-race carb loading, I fully expect to be sick of pasta. Right now, our short list is San Angel Inn (been there before and it was fine), Trattoria al Forno (never been, but the menu looks promising), and Spice Road Table (it was suggested, but I have my doubts).

Any suggestions?

I'm seconding Eclectic Goddess's request for more Epcot ideas from everyone. We LOVE Chefs de France and we already have that one on the list (Eclectic Goddess, the veggie lasagna and mac n cheese there is really good if you are looking for vegetarian food). We will also probably do Rose and Crown because we like it and it's easy to get into. My extended family (meat eaters) want to do Garden Grill and Biergarten, but we said we'd probably pass on those and go somewhere else since they don't look very vegetarian friendly. Anyone have any experience with those two? They don't seem worth the price for vegetarians (just based on looking at the online menus).

Also is there anywhere that has bean burritos on property? My son is a bean burrito junkie (it is usually all he eats in Disneyland), but I can't find any so far :(

I've always avoided Biergarten for the same reason.

The new Pecos Bill menu has burritos, but I don't know if they'll make one without the meat. It would seem like an obvious thing to do.

I've read that Garden Grill will fix something different for vegetarians. My husband and I have reservations there in December so I'll know more then

I LOVE Biergarten! Seriously one of my favorites! It's been a couple of years so I don't really remember all I got on my plate, but I left there stuffed. Also, my husband is German, and he loved it too

I've read that Garden Grill will fix something different for vegetarians. My husband and I have reservations there in December so I'll know more then

I LOVE Biergarten! Seriously one of my favorites! It's been a couple of years so I don't really remember all I got on my plate, but I left there stuffed. Also, my husband is German, and he loved it too

I would love to know what they have at Biergarten if anyone else remembers. My husband is from Germany too! Is yours a vegetarian? When my husband became a vegetarian I think his family wanted to keel over and die. I swear his mom didn't want us to tell any of them when we went to visit in Germany. It was like a "veggie" coming out, I know his mom was thinking "Just let Oma die thinking you still eat meat" :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter