• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Vegan Options?

BelleWannabe4

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I eat a mostly vegan diet due to Crohn's disease. The sticky with the menus has been really helpful in planning for our trip to USO. Does anyone have any experience with eating vegan/mostly vegan at USO? Are there any places that I definitely shouldn't miss? Are there any meals that aren't just a plate of vegetables or frozen veggie burgers? :)

TIA!

Mythos comes highly recommended. Pay attention to the V notations on the menu. Even though the description for Pad Thai mentions chicken and shrimp, the V indicates that they're happy to prepare a vegan version. They also have a risotto.

Hey,

if you haven't already, try the Veg Disney Facebook group. Lots of regular visitors there who can give you an up to date response.

However in the park you can get a baked potato and veg at 3 Broomsticks (Ask for no butter) and the Pad Thai mentioned above.

in Citywalk there is a vegan menu item at Confisco Grille, and a lot of places have customizable vegetarian items such as Moe's, Antojitos and the Hard Rock Cafe.

TLDR: there are some options, it's no Disney though.

in Citywalk there is a vegan menu item at Confisco Grille, and a lot of places have customizable vegetarian items such as Moe's, Antojitos and the Hard Rock Cafe.
Moe's is one of our favorite places, party for reasons unrelated to their food, but I do like it better than the other quick-serve American Mexican chains. I'm not sure I'd want to spend valuable time at a restaurant we have back home, but ymmv. Though I enjoy the cheese and sour cream, it's a good choice for vegans, too.

Hi all, I eat a mostly vegan diet due to Crohn's disease. The sticky with the menus has been really helpful in planning for our trip to USO. Does anyone have any experience with eating vegan/mostly vegan at USO? Are there any places that I definitely shouldn't miss? Are there any meals that aren't just a plate of vegetables or frozen veggie burgers? :)

TIA!

Universal are fabulous when it comes to allergies and intolerances.

There is a contact us link on the universal website. They will get back to you if you request a call back.

We have contacted them several times about our queries, as have friends, some of whom have kids who have serious life threatening allergies. Friends got a comprehensive list of things they could get and where, and more importantly what not to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter