VEA pick up points

newlittleminnie

DIS Veteran
After receiving some great advice and opinions on here we've decided on a time to get the shuttle.

But it was just wondering if anyone could tell me where exactly the shuttle picks up at the Disneyland hotel? Is it right outside the front doors of the hotel as such? Or is there a designated pick up point?

I just figure it will save time if we know exactly where to wait for the shuttle rather than wandering about looking for it.

Also, will we be able to leave our case at the Cheyenne to pick up later in the day when we're ready to leave?

And if so how long would it take us to walk to the Cheyenne from the parks to pick up our bags?

Thank you so much if anyone can answer my questions

After receiving some great advice and opinions on here we've decided on a time to get the shuttle.

But it was just wondering if anyone could tell me where exactly the shuttle picks up at the Disneyland hotel? Is it right outside the front doors of the hotel as such? Or is there a designated pick up point?

I just figure it will save time if we know exactly where to wait for the shuttle rather than wandering about looking for it.

Also, will we be able to leave our case at the Cheyenne to pick up later in the day when we're ready to leave?

And if so how long would it take us to walk to the Cheyenne from the parks to pick up our bags?

Thank you so much if anyone can answer my questions

if you're going back to collect your luggage from Cheyenne on your last day, you'd be just as well jumping on the VEA from the Cheyenne, rather than going to collect your luggage, then coming back down to the DLH, having to go through security with all your luggage etc, just so you can pick up the VEA there?

Actually we're being a bit cheesy and want to take some photos of the Disneyland hotel before we leave :/ lol

It just looks so pretty but a bit too over budget for us to have stayed there

Edited to add: which security would we going through? Sorry I'm just not very clued up on the Disneyland layout yet

Actually we're being a bit cheesy and want to take some photos of the Disneyland hotel before we leave :/ lol

It just looks so pretty but a bit too over budget for us to have stayed there

Edited to add: which security would we going through? Sorry I'm just not very clued up on the Disneyland layout yet

go visit the DLH sometime during your stay, for example when its busy in the parks and you fancy a break - then you don't have to worry about lugging your cases around, and you can spend as much time as you like inside the DLH. No-one will mind, its perfectly acceptable as a non-guest of the hotel to go visit the public lobby, the gift shop, the restaurants, the character meet areas, and even the toilets :).

you'd have to take all your luggage through the main park security if you went back to the Cheyenne, collected your luggage, then wanted to go down to the Disneyland Hotel with it.

Oh right I didn't even know there was park security before the Disneyland hotel, I just assumed there be a bag check after all the hotels :/

Thank you for the information on the Disneyland hotel.

Let's just hope the shuttle isn't full by the time it gets to our stop, I've heard some horrible reviews since we booked of people fighting to get the last seats on the shuttle :/

And now I'm worrying because all the reviews seem to say about buses turning up and being full..... :(

Surely it can't be full if we're the 4th stop of 7? :/

its been years since i used the VEA shuttle back to CDG from the Cheyenne - but it wasn't a problem, there were 3 of us and we all got on fine, on time.

Have you already booked your VEA tickets? Its just that the VEA is now the slowest, and one of the most expensive, ways of transferring between DLP and CDG.

Yes we pre-booked. As we aren't very experienced travellers we just went with the easiest option of booking everything through a travel agent. To be fair I think we ended up getting a pretty good deal, but I do wish we'd researched it more first.

It's all a learning curve though I suppose, and we'll know for next time :)

Yes we pre-booked. As we aren't very experienced travellers we just went with the easiest option of booking everything through a travel agent. To be fair I think we ended up getting a pretty good deal, but I do wish we'd researched it more first.

It's all a learning curve though I suppose, and we'll know for next time :)

i'm sure it will be fine, as long as you leave plenty of time for the journey (VEA suggests 2 hours before check-in opens, and depending on time of day, it can take well over an hour for the journey).

Well our flight leaves at 6:30 and advised check in is 4:30, so we were going to get the 2:15 bus from the Cheyenne. We figure buy the time we stop at other hotels, and then the journey to the airport, plus allowing time in case of traffic.

The 2:15 gives us 2 and a quarter hours before our advised check in.

I guess even if the bus is full, we still have time to find an alternative method

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter