VDH Unit and Sales Tracker

No, you only get a basic listing of grantor/grantee. You can’t see any images unless you order them.
Can confirm, just checked my VGC resale deeds and would need to spend $1/page to access the documents.

I am curious what the basic info will say for direct DVC sales, but not hopeful. EDIT: for example, Unit is listed, so it may be possible to track when they start/stop selling a Unit.

Can confirm, just checked my VGC resale deeds and would need to spend $1/page to access the documents.

I am curious what the basic info will say for direct DVC sales, but not hopeful. EDIT: for example, Unit is listed, so it may be possible to track when they start/stop selling a Unit.
0221B9A3-2FA3-49B4-8A14-552CE7FBEE9D.jpeg
The first VDH deeds are able to be searched, but that’s all the info I was able to find. Since VGC is not sold by Disney, all grantee as Disney Vacation Development can be assumed as a VDH deed. I don’t know if you can extrapolate the number of points based on the transfer tax amount.

I guess the next DVC News direct sales report will not be including VDH sales, which would really skew the numbers. But I guess the same could be said for Aulani direct sales since no one really knows how that resort is selling.

View attachment 760599
The first VDH deeds are able to be searched, but that’s all the info I was able to find. Since VGC is not sold by Disney, all grantee as Disney Vacation Development can be assumed as a VDH deed. I don’t know if you can extrapolate the number of points based on the transfer tax amount.
I saw those deeds and I don't believe they're VDH.

There are also deeds listed in the months prior to 5/2/23 from Disney Vacation Development, which cannot be VDH, and they used the same Unit # format. The same Unit # format is also on my VGC deeds and on comptroller site.

I guess we learned that DVC has been selling some VGC after all 🙃

I will probably take a crack at extrapolating the points from the transfer tax amount, but I'm not hopeful.

Updated!

@Dobermanns and @BrianLo, looks like your Unit 1C points/% share are pretty far apart.

BrianLo -- 50 -- 1C -- 0.1568% -- 5/2/2023 -- Dec UY:
Works out to 31,888 ± 10 points in the Unit

Dobermanns -- 100 — 1C — 0.2092% — 5/2/23 — Aug
Works out to 47,801 ± 11 points in the Unit

Do you both mind double checking your points/%?
Checked. 100 in 1C is 0.2092%.

3 contracts of 50 pts each

1) 50pt .0723% interest in Unit 1D, 5/6/23, UY August
2) 50pt .0723% interest in Unit 1D, 5/6/23, UY August
3) 50pt .0723% interest in Unit 1D, 5/6/23, UY August
Was thinking about doing the same thing, with the same UY too. May I ask how the closing costs were structured?

Not so fast! :-)
55 -- 1C -- 0.1150% -- 5/10/23 -- June UY
Well look at that!

Removed from the 'sold out' list. My hunch is it's likely close, but very interesting they dug out another contract 8 days after main sales run (from what I saw on other threads, at least).

I want to see if we can back into a fuzzy version of VDH sales numbers by tracking the number of points in a Unit, the Units people have in their contracts, and which Units are being sold on which dates.

How this will work:
  • A portion of users post the following:
    • The Unit they received
    • How many points they bought
    • The % share of the Unit listed in their contract
    • Their UY (we may not need this longterm if there ends up being no use for it)
    • The date they received their DocuSign paperwork with the Unit listed
  • I will compile it and do some simple calculations to figure out the following:
    • The number of points in a Unit
    • Determine the order of Units sold, or if they're done by UY, or just random
    • Create a probable range of points sold based on this input and trends from posts
      • For example, if Unit 1B is sold for consistently for a few days then disappears for weeks, it's potentially safe to assume it was sold through
        • With this we can also determine the date range a Unit was sold
      • Because we will have previously calculated the total points in the Unit, we can say it's likely that many points as have been sold, as our minimum
The more participation, the better we can suss out the VDH sales activity.

Doing this because DVC blogs might not be able to track actual sales and I bet a lot of us are curious. I think it will just take some participation and some organization to get some ballpark numbers.

Critical caveat: if Units are assigned randomly, then all bets are off and this effort is moot. Disney could do this, but we don't have the evidence to say whether or not they do. I suspect they don't at this time as there's no reason for them to do this.

Formatting that would be appreciated:
Points -- Unit -- % -- Date -- Use Year

I'll get started on my VDH points:
175 -- Unit 1F -- 0.2240% -- 5/11/23 -- June UY

From this, we know at least 175 points have been sold, which is now the minimum. Maximum is 78,125, which is the number of points Unit 1F. It's possible I bought the very last points and without any other data, this is our maximum.

Next post will be used for more tracking info!
250 - - Unit 1C - - 0.5229% - - 5/5/23 - - Aug UY

Reactions: ehh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter