• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VB+WDW Florida or Disneyland CA?

Lauralei

Earning My Ears
:confused: I'd like some advice, opinions. We (me, my DH and DS-9) are DVC owners who go to WDW every Feb. and stay for about 10 days. We're going 2/09. My question would be for 2/10. We want to do something a little different. Should we split the trip between VB (we've never been there) and WDW or should we forego Florida altogether and go to Disneyland, CA? (We've never been there either). What would you recommend?

Come out here to DL! It is such a different experience, that I know you will enjoy it! It's wonderful to see everything that started with Walt and how intimate/cozy the park really is! It's a very good time of year to come out here, as well. Great weather and low crowds.

Nancy

I'd recommend DL as well! It's a complete different experience to WDW, but just as fantastic! We'll be there at the end of September and we can't wait.

DL has some rides that WDW doesn't (Indiana Jones (FANTASTIC!), the Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, a Monster's Inc. ride and most of California Adventure) plus one that is no longer at WDW (Mr. Toad's Wild Ride). Pirates of the Caribbean is a completely different experience at DL, as is their Tower of Terror.

There are three great hotels and a Downtown Disney and everything is within walking distance to everything else (the two park entrances face each other). It's a much more compact space, but there's still plenty to do. You could also explore some of the other things that So. Cal. has to offer.

:confused: I'd like some advice, opinions. We (me, my DH and DS-9) are DVC owners who go to WDW every Feb. and stay for about 10 days. We're going 2/09. My question would be for 2/10. We want to do something a little different. Should we split the trip between VB (we've never been there) and WDW or should we forego Florida altogether and go to Disneyland, CA? (We've never been there either). What would you recommend?

I would suggest you split your 2/09 trip with VB... I'm sure you would find availability. Then do DL in 2/10.

:beach:

We wanted a change of pace this year and went to DL. I have to say that we enjoyed it very much. We used our points to stay at GCH concierge and loved it. Having said that, you may want to wait to go to DL until your 2/10 trip. I think most of the expansion at DCA is supposed to be done sometime in 2010.

We wanted a change of pace this year and went to DL. I have to say that we enjoyed it very much. We used our points to stay at GCH concierge and loved it. Having said that, you may want to wait to go to DL until your 2/10 trip. I think most of the expansion at DCA is supposed to be done sometime in 2010.

We went this year to DL as well. We had a great time at the Disneyland Hotel. Unless you just have to have concierge, I wouldn't suggest it as it is almost twice the points.

It is very different than WDW, but extremely enjoyable. We are looking forward to going back soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter