VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
We love building 12!! Our favorite restaurant is Riverside Café - not fancy, but great fresh fish.

We are here now. Building 12, third floor ocean view. Awesome! I discovered there is a beach entrance behind the firepit. Not sure if its any closer, but its an option for getting to the beach. We are trying to decide, squidlips or ocean grill???or something else? Wife wasn't impressed with Shutters menu.....?

We ate at Squidlips last week and it was okay, but not great IMO. On the other hand we loved Shutters, if that, tells you anything.

We are here now. Building 12, third floor ocean view. Awesome! I discovered there is a beach entrance behind the firepit. Not sure if its any closer, but its an option for getting to the beach. We are trying to decide, squidlips or ocean grill???or something else? Wife wasn't impressed with Shutters menu.....?

What type of room are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

For those of you who were recently there or who are there now, can you tell me what they have listed for Resort activities? We will be up there at the end of the month and I want to get an idea of what they will have for my 3 year old to do. Thanks a bunch.

Just got back from a long weekend at Vero - loved it! Such a relaxed atmosphere, beautiful resort. We stayed at the Inn, ocean-facing on the 3rd floor. Perfection!

We tried all the restaurants onsite. Favorite was Sonya's, but honestly they were all enjoyable in their own way. The only negative was the service during the character breakfast at Shutters. Yummy food, but our waitress seemed to disappear after greeting us and it took forever to finally get our drinks and additional servings. (Character interaction was fantastic though!) Service at Shutters for dinner the following night was absolutely fine, however.

caralyn817, I still have my activity sheet from last week and for a 3 year old, they've got a parent/tot craft session, treasure hunt, pirate craft, tot fish find, making paper airplanes, coloring, and finger painting.

I just downloaded the portable perks and it states under dining... "Shutters: $$
Save 10% on breakfast and dinner. Not valid for Character Dining,
Sunday Brunch, Seafood Buffet, or to-go orders." Does this mean Shutters now allows to-go orders?

Hi all, heading down for our second visit to VB! And this time just DH and me!!!

I am sure this info is in the thread and apologize for asking, but I can not figure out how to search a thread on my phone. So here goes: are there k-cup or similar machines there now?

Thanks!

Hi all, heading down for our second visit to VB! And this time just DH and me!!!

I am sure this info is in the thread and apologize for asking, but I can not figure out how to search a thread on my phone. So here goes: are there k-cup or similar machines there now?

Thanks!

No. Just plain old coffee makers.

Can't wait -- I love being in Florida in December! Vero Beach is a very nice resort -- we stayed there for the first time last year and we loved it!

I just downloaded the portable perks and it states under dining... "Shutters: $$
Save 10% on breakfast and dinner. Not valid for Character Dining,
Sunday Brunch, Seafood Buffet, or to-go orders." Does this mean Shutters now allows to-go orders?

They don't advertise it, but we've done this as far back as maybe 8 years ago. Just walked up to the hostess one day and asked if they would. She had to consult a supervisor and the supervisor said "of course" :) We really like to do this because we generally can't both finish a whole meal so we get an appetizer, two side salads, and an entree, then take our order to our room or to the gazebo by the pool to split it between us. No crowd noise, lower meal cost, no tipping for room service, etc. We let them know we're splitting the order and they give us paper plates, napkins, and plastic utensils for two. :)

I 100% completely miss Disney's Vero Beach resort !!! Haven't been there since May 2011 :sad2:

But it still holds a place in my heart and hope to return sometime soon.

In the meantime, wishing all the dad's in this group a very happy Father's Day!!!!

SafariTigger said:
Going to be there for 6/26-6/29 for our 2nd visit! We are so excited!! This thread is great! Thanks for all of the info! There were a few things I couldn't find though.
The last time we were there was in March though so there wasn't much activity in the evenings. Do they show movies at the pool at night? What other activities would be great for kids (6 & 8)?

Does the pizza place near the entrance deliver to the inn rooms?

Thanks!!:flower3:

We were just there last weekend with a few others it appears.

No movies at the pool - they show them in community Hall. Still not s lot going on at night. The camp fire fires 3-4 nights a week. Other than that it's the pool or borrowing movies/games for us.

And orchid island delivers to the main lobby only - you have to meet the delivery there. Word is it's better to walk over to get it because the delivery time can be pretty long. We picked up a pizza to go for our drive back to WDW last weekend - we all thought the pizza was good (better than shutters).

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

WolfpackFan said:
Has anyone tried Captain Hiram's in Sebastian? What about Tides at VB?

We are at Hiram's last weekend for the first time. The food was decent enough, and the restaurant itself is kind of neat on the water. But the service is pretty lacking. As we dined we kept commenting on how it wouldn't pass the Willie test (restaurant stakeout from food network reference).

Forgot to add..

While our stay was great, the WiFi - at least in building 12- was terrible. Basically couldn't use it outside of during in the chair in the living room.

It didn't help that at&ts coverage was terrible too.I actually had to attend outside or room one night for 20 minutes to get a connection.

My family will be at VB for the first time in August. Can anyone tell us about the beach at the resort? When I search for beach info, I can see info about turtle walks, which sound great. But I'm wondering about what the sand is like, if swimming is allowed or advised, etc. also, since we will have a car, are there other nearby beaches you would recommend? Any goor snorkel locations?

Thank in advance!

My family will be at VB for the first time in August. Can anyone tell us about the beach at the resort? When I search for beach info, I can see info about turtle walks, which sound great. But I'm wondering about what the sand is like, if swimming is allowed or advised, etc. also, since we will have a car, are there other nearby beaches you would recommend? Any goor snorkel locations?

Thank in advance! ��

We are going in August as well. I've been before but it's the first time with the family. From what I remember the beach is swimmable but there are no lifeguards on duty. The surf is rough, similiar to what we are used to here in NE. I would watch small children very carefully as it is not like the beaches on the Gulf coast. Don't know about other beaches or snorkeling, but I'm sure others here on the boards can give you some advice.
Kerri

We will be visiting Vero Beach for the first time August 10-17, 2013. We're looking forward to a relaxing week with the family and was interested in recommendations for offsite seafood restaurants. I've noted the reviews posted for Squid Lips, Riverside Cafe, Hiram's and Ocean Grill and was to curious to know if there are any other recommendations. It will be myself, my DW, DD (15), and DS (14). I'm also interested in taking my son on an inshore fishing trip and would appreciate any recomendations, thanks!

Hello! We will be making our first visit shortly to the Vero Beach Resort, staying July 6th-9th. We were not able to get a reservation on points, but were able to get a member discount for a "deluxe studio" that is listed as garden view. Any suggestions on what we should request as far as room goes?
Does anyone have any information about the kayaking adventure, specifically if it's every day or if it only takes place certain days of the week, this sounds like something my husband might be interested in.

Thanks!
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter