• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! That's what I figured it would look like. Does anyone know if the cost on the first page is per hour or the day? Also, where can I find more pictures of the resort?

The beach rentals (for umbrellas,chairs, cabanas and the like) are per day. Some things like the jet skis are per hour or per 1/2 hr....as to pictures....searching this board will yield quite a bit...of course there's always Google :)

Thanks! That's what I figured it would look like. Does anyone know if the cost on the first page is per hour or the day? Also, where can I find more pictures of the resort?

You Tube has a couple of nice videos of Vero Beach as well. I was just looking at them yesterday.
Have Fun, we love VB

Sorry, to bother everyone with so many questions. I literally know nothing about this resort and the area (even though we live about 1 1/2 south of there). Are you allowed to bring your own umbrellas and chairs or does the resort look down upon that? I know some hotels where I live don't allow it. I'm super excited that I just got off the phone and was able to get the Pirate Dinner while we are there. :cool1:

Are you allowed to bring your own umbrellas and chairs or does the resort look down upon that? I know some hotels where I live don't allow it

You certainly are allowed to do that and many do. In Florida, all beaches are public property, so you can't be barred from doing this. That said, to be of 'good form' perhaps you shouldn't set up your things in extreme closeness to the items being rented out. there's plenty of room for all! No worries about asking questions! Several of our posters (myself included) are DVB "old timers" and we love talking about our beloved resort!

HTH

edited to add: many folks just drive over to walmart and buy an affordable set up, then discard or give away to another family upon their departure. It may save you money, just don't forget you'll need to carry those things back and forth from your room/car when using them.

Double digit dance today! Going to VB for 1st time with my two youngest kids. My wife and older daughter can't take time off their job :( but we'll manage :) I had trouble booking Pirate dinner, which was already full when I booked the studio. Thanks to backyardponder (who was on site) I now have a reservation. The trick is that I had him make a reservation for four... Happened to me at Olivia's once: no room for three, but room for two and four!

Single Digit Dance!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I can't believe that this is my last Monday of school. This year has flown by. Now to get ready to clean house, pack, and then RELAX! :beach:

Thanks for all of the info on this thread. We haven't chosen a specific room location (1-bedroom), and we've only booked one meal (character breakfast before the cruise), but I really don't feel the pressure of planning for this trip like I do for WDW/DL trips. I am ready to have a trip that's all about relaxing & just having fun.

A couple of quick things:
- DH is concerned about getting out of the airport in our rental (1st time to rent a car, so may already be a little nervous) and onto the correct road. Any hints for this?
- We will want to stop by Wal-mart or a similar store to grab a few things. Where is one located?
- Can someone provide directions to Squid Lips? Would it be less crowded on a Weds, Thurs, or Fri evening?
- Any local places that serve crab/shrimp boils?

Single Digit Dance!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I can't believe that this is my last Monday of school. This year has flown by. Now to get ready to clean house, pack, and then RELAX! :beach:

Thanks for all of the info on this thread. We haven't chosen a specific room location (1-bedroom), and we've only booked one meal (character breakfast before the cruise), but I really don't feel the pressure of planning for this trip like I do for WDW/DL trips. I am ready to have a trip that's all about relaxing & just having fun.

A couple of quick things:
- DH is concerned about getting out of the airport in our rental (1st time to rent a car, so may already be a little nervous) and onto the correct road. Any hints for this?
- We will want to stop by Wal-mart or a similar store to grab a few things. Where is one located?
- Can someone provide directions to Squid Lips? Would it be less crowded on a Weds, Thurs, or Fri evening?
- Any local places that serve crab/shrimp boils?
-If flying into MCO, simply follow the signs to SR-528 East toward Cocoa Beach. If renting from on-airport location, when leaving the parking garage, follow the signs for the North Exit and make sure you don't head toward Orlando.
-While there is a Walmart in Sebastian, it really isn't on the way to the resort so unless the items you need can't be purchased at Publix or CVS the time/convenience factor of stopping at Publix or CVS may negate any cost savings you'd see from going to Walmart. I know the CVS at the intersection of US1 and CR-510 has a selection of beach gear if that is what you're looking for.
-Squid Lips is located at 1660 N Indian River Drive, maybe 15 minutes or so from the resort. Basically, out of the resort driveway, turn right onto A1A. Almost immediately, move into the left turn lane and make a left at the light onto the Wabasso Causeway (CR-510). Proceed over the Causeway to the traffic signal at the intersection with US-1 and make a right turn to head North on US-1. Continue about 5-6 miles into Sebastian. I'm not sure exactly of the name of the street where you turn but basically at the first light after CR-512 you can turn right to go down to Indian River Drive. Turn left to head north on Indian River Dr. You'll pass a few restaurants, including Captain Hiram's. Squid Lips is probably another quarter mile north of Hiram's. Funnily, I can drive there in my sleep but I have no idea of the names of most of the streets. However, if you ask the lobby concierge they'll be able to give you directions. Check out their website and sign up for their emails and you might get coupons and notice of special offers. Wednesday is Prime Rib night.
-Not aware of anyplace that does a crab boil.

-If flying into MCO, simply follow the signs to SR-528 East toward Cocoa Beach. If renting from on-airport location, when leaving the parking garage, follow the signs for the North Exit and make sure you don't head toward Orlando.
-While there is a Walmart in Sebastian, it really isn't on the way to the resort so unless the items you need can't be purchased at Publix or CVS the time/convenience factor of stopping at Publix or CVS may negate any cost savings you'd see from going to Walmart. I know the CVS at the intersection of US1 and CR-510 has a selection of beach gear if that is what you're looking for.
-Squid Lips is located at 1660 N Indian River Drive, maybe 15 minutes or so from the resort. Basically, out of the resort driveway, turn right onto A1A. Almost immediately, move into the left turn lane and make a left at the light onto the Wabasso Causeway (CR-510). Proceed over the Causeway to the traffic signal at the intersection with US-1 and make a right turn to head North on US-1. Continue about 5-6 miles into Sebastian. I'm not sure exactly of the name of the street where you turn but basically at the first light after CR-512 you can turn right to go down to Indian River Drive. Turn left to head north on Indian River Dr. You'll pass a few restaurants, including Captain Hiram's. Squid Lips is probably another quarter mile north of Hiram's. Funnily, I can drive there in my sleep but I have no idea of the names of most of the streets. However, if you ask the lobby concierge they'll be able to give you directions. Check out their website and sign up for their emails and you might get coupons and notice of special offers. Wednesday is Prime Rib night.
-Not aware of anyplace that does a crab boil.

Thank you so much! This is a huge help.

Do DVC members have access to free wifi while at VB?

Yes!!! My husband can never actually escape work, so he is a big fan of wifi...

Yay! I found a list of charges, but DH thought that it was free for DVC members. We will be out of touch during our cruise, so I'd at least like to stay caught up a little while at VB. Thanks!

Looking for some guidance: I booked an ocean view room. I’d read earlier on this thread to request “ocean facing” (to avoid a pool view with partial ocean view). I called MS to make this request, and was told that no requests involving the word “ocean” can be made. She did put in a request for “back side of the inn”. What should I have requested?

Wanted to start by saying I love Vero Beach and love this thread. It never gets old!

Heading to Vero Beach June 17-22 and plan to try an offsite kayak tour. There are 2 choices for the location of the trip, St Sebastian River or Indian River Lagoon(Round Island). Anyone have a recommendation on either. I am sure both would be good but wanted to get more info. I have two DD who would love to catch a glimpse of manatees and/or dolphins. They kayaked in the ocean with my hubby at VB last year and saw lots of sea turtles and other fish. Hoping the river would be an easier paddle then the ocean.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

We're arriving at VB on Sunday, Sept 1, leaving for WDW on Wednesday the 4th. Are there any restaurants that I need to make prior arrangements for before we head down?? Dh does like his food!!! We are arriving at Palm Beach Intl and renting a car, so getting around won't be an issue!!
Thanks!!

We're arriving at VB on Sunday, Sept 1, leaving for WDW on Wednesday the 4th. Are there any restaurants that I need to make prior arrangements for before we head down?? Dh does like his food!!! We are arriving at Palm Beach Intl and renting a car, so getting around won't be an issue!!
Thanks!!

You should be able to get into most of the restaraunts the day of. If you know it will be a weekend, call ahead to see if they take reservations. The only one that might be crowded in the evening is Ocean Grill down in Vero Beach. Otherwise you should be fine.

Can't remember if towels were avaliable for beach use or bring our own?

Beach towels will be in your room, and can be used wherever you wish. You may exchange for fresh towels at the pool, but remember to leave as many in your room upon checkout as you found when you checked in.

Stayed one night here after out cruise here last week before heading back to Orlando and it was so nice and relaxing, a very nice resort!

We stayed in an inn room on the fourth floor, ocean facing ( think i requested 4th floor beach facing) and it was amazing to open the balcony door to hear the ocean!

Will def be coming back here to stay!

Thanks!!
Don't forget to check with the Lobby Concierge for great deals on local off-site restaurants. Right after Labor Day is a very slow season in Vero and almost all of the restaurants offer some sort of Early Bird or Prix Fixe menus to help boost business. Last September we tried Avanzare and Johnny D's and both were very enjoyable and had very reasonable prices for their specials. We also considered checking out the lounge restaurant at Costa del Este (Gloria Estefan's hotel) and a couple other places but didn't have time. When you're traveling, I wouldn't think you'll need reservations because most tourists have either gone home (back to school families) or aren't down yet (snowbirds) and most locals will be doing family stuff like bbqs for the holiday weekend.

Beach towels will be in your room, and can be used wherever you wish. You may exchange for fresh towels at the pool, but remember to leave as many in your room upon checkout as you found when you checked in.
While it is true that you'll have beach/pool towels in the room, I always bring a few towels with me to supplement the supply because you don't get an unlimited supply like in the past when they were self-serve from totes around the pool and by the Green Cabin.

Also, if you'll be enjoying the resort after check-out, you can sign out towels from Ebb & Flo's - just remember to return them so they don't charge you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter