• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from VB, wonderful trip. Highlights: Loved using my Disney Dollars at the poolside Grill, loved the bucket of beer boiled shrimp 11.99 for a full pound of large fresh shrimp! Crab cake sandwich for 8.99 very good and real crab. The weather was perfect. We had to be at the pool at 8am when it opened to get a spot in the shade but it was worth it, spent the whole day there. The my twins enjoyed the UnBirthday party, it is free for the first 30 kids who sign up the day of the party, they had gift bags and a pinata and played party games it is for 10 and under. We saw 1 turtle swimming in the ocean, a drunk foolish guy tried to pick it up to show his kids, luckily it got away. They had a fun Easter egg hunt and gave the kids tons of candy. While we were there they resodded the lawn in front of the back entrance. Brave was the outdoor movie. The beach looks great, we could walk/run for a long distance. The water was a beautiful blue and very calm. Someone just gave us their beach chairs and we had fun giving them to a very happy family when we left. Remeber to bring your DVC membership card won't give you the discount without it even though it says on your key to the world card DVC member (live and learn). Got stuck in bldg 12 again but this time we were in the front facing the beach cottage, better view than the parking lot. Have a great trip we did! We went after the 4 day Disney Dream Cruise, it was so perfect to go to VB and just chill after that busy cruise!:thumbsup2

Oh his sounds wonderful!

I am glad the turtle got away. Creatures lose when they come in contact with humans. Why can't people just let them be!!!!??

Okay....maybe a silly question...which airport is a shorter drive to VB....WPalm or MCO?? We are booked into WPalm, but the rental car is ridiculously expensive. I can get a much cheaper rate if I buy my passes (for dh) from UT and then book the car through them, but you have to fly into MCO...so after the change fees for air, I would probably end up saving about $40 total.
So will go with the shorter drive....we go to VB first, then drive to MCO and return the car, and take ME to BWV. So, we have to go to MCO after VB anyway. Just don't know which drive is faster??

In nov of last year, we went to Vero after WDW. So we flew into mco and out of WPB. I think they are fairly similar in distance. I found WPB easier to navigate although less than thrilled with choices for a meal. It's time we are going to Vero prior to WDW, so we are using mco both ways to make the rental car thing easier. I can't wait!!! I think we saved a fair chunk of change by flying out of WPB.

Hi All! We really enjoyed our one day & two nights at VB prior to our cruise. Below is a quick recap:

Saturday night - We checked in to our deluxe inn ocean view room, which was on the corner closest to the beach facing the pool, so we had a great view of the ocean too. Then we had dinner outside at the Green Cabin Room and really enjoyed the ocean view, super yummy sangria, and great dinner. We hit the pool for a few minutes and then went to the campfire, which was pretty crowded, especially when it came time to hand out the smores stuff. I don't know if that was due to it being around spring break or on a Saturday, but bring your patience to stand in line getting marshmallows with roasting stick and then again for chocolate and graham crackers.

Sunday - We had breakfast in the room before heading to the pool. We got to the pool around 8:30 AM and we were the only ones there for a while. The kids played in the pool and on the Tiger Lily pirate ship. We chose a table with an umbrella in between the pool and the Tiger Lily and that ensured that we stayed in the shade all day. Throughout the day, we had lunch from Bleachers poolside, played a round of mini-golf, enjoyed the water slide over and over again, and checked out the beach for a little while too. We went off property for a yummy seafood dinner at Squid Lips in Sebastian (http://www.squidlipsgrill.com/), which we would recommend. After dinner, we checked out a movie from Island Grove Packing Co and watched it while we were all in bed. We noted that they had a huge selections of movies that were nicely separated by ratings.

Monday - Checked out around 8:30am and headed to Miami to board the Disney Wonder. The drive took a little more than 2.5 hours, and we were on board by noon! :cool1:

Hope this helps and let me know if anyone has any questions. :beach:

We hit the pool for a few minutes and then went to the campfire, which was pretty crowded, especially when it came time to hand out the smores stuff. I don't know if that was due to it being around spring break or on a Saturday, but bring your patience to stand in line getting marshmallows with roasting stick and then again for chocolate and graham crackers.

Not sure which saturday you're referring to, but we were there saturday, March 30th (day before Easter) and went to the campfire and were the only ones there. We got there 'late' meaning 45 minutes after it started so I guess there could've been an early rush and then everyone left. I remember feeling a bit sorry for the CMs being there all alone since we only stayed for ~10 minutes and left.

Not sure which saturday you're referring to, but we were there saturday, March 30th (day before Easter) and went to the campfire and were the only ones there. We got there 'late' meaning 45 minutes after it started so I guess there could've been an early rush and then everyone left. I remember feeling a bit sorry for the CMs being there all alone since we only stayed for ~10 minutes and left.

We went to the campfire on Saturday, April 6. I do think Spring Break timing had a lot to do with it. But as you said, if you came late, the crowds began to disperse, but you miss the singing (I said a boom, chicka boom). It was fun regardless of the crowd and we all enjoyed our roasted marshmallows and smores. :)

My family will be @ VB on June 18-22. This will be our first time here and we have a 2 bedroom suite.
The on site restaurants look good, but up to date menus seem hard to find.

We spent 2 nights at Vero Beach Resort April 8-10. We had a 1 bedroom and really liked the layout. It was clean and in good repair. We loved the table and chairs on the porch - no water view, but it was surrounded by lush greenery.

We spent most of the time on the beach - we rented an umbrella and chairs and were very comfortable. The kids loved the waves and played in the sand.
We played miniature golf, swam in the pool and attended the campfire - very crowded, and although we enjoyed the games, making the smores was crazy.

My only complaint is the food - we ate at the Sunday brunch and it was pretty awful. I actually left a little hungry. The food at the stand by the pool was terrible - so much so that I returned it. We ate in our villa otherwise.

All in all we enjoyed it and would definitely return for 3 or 4 nights.

Add me to the roll call!
Just booked a studio (waitlisted a 1BR) from Aug 24-30.
Will be our 1st time at Vero Beach.

I am reading VB reviews on tripadvisor reviews and finding many complaints about dated rooms. Is it that people are confusing "themed" with "dated" or are some rooms really in bad shape? Any suggestion for requests in order to get a renovated room?

We'll be staying in a studio, could easily change to an Inn room. I have waitlisted a 1BR, don't know what my chances are for late August.

I currently have booked a b2b disney cruise for January 2014. However, this past January when we went the weather was not so great and my favorite part ( castaway cay) was FREEZING! Even though the price was amazing and it was still an amazing cruise!
I looked at the school calendar for next year and spring break ends up being the week of my daughters birthday in March. So we are debating about doing a 4 night dcl and then doing 3 nights at Vero beach instead of January b2b since we have heard great things about Vero Beach and have been wanting to go for a while.

January b2b would be the cheapest option by far but the kids would be missing 2 school days and we are also going on a November 4 night dcl where they will be missing 3 days as well so I am a bit worried with them missing 5 days total in that time frame.

I'm sure either vacation would be great but I am torn now. Has anyone ever stayed at Vero beach before and can give me some insight on it? Also, has anyone gone in mid-March? Weather and activity wise is it a good time to visit?

Thanks =)

okw2012 said:
I am reading VB reviews on tripadvisor reviews and finding many complaints about dated rooms. Is it that people are confusing "themed" with "dated" or are some rooms really in bad shape? Any suggestion for requests in order to get a renovated room?

We'll be staying in a studio, could easily change to an Inn room. I have waitlisted a 1BR, don't know what my chances are for late August.

Changed my dates already: we'll be going August 21-28.

We will have our 3rd stay it is our precruise place. The CM's are wonderful. On Thursdays if you are there they have a wonderful seafood buffett at shutters, DVC get a discount too at shutters they have diner which is pretty good think fried food. They also have a character breakfast on Saturday's with Donald and Max I think. The Green cabin is on the second floor and has a limited menu salads, pizza, think small bar type of menu. Most nights there is music too and games on the TV too. The pool is really nice. Very large and there are activities all day long. Most are geared for younger kids. There are rentals for bikes , games you can borrow, and mini golf a 9 hole and. $5 for unlimited. Nice slide and hot tub. Most nights there are campfires. They were full. Lots of fun. It is a wonderful relaxing resort.we added a day in Oct. we just love the place. I work hard average of 100 hours so I need some down time. The beach is nice but we prefer the pool over the beach as we live near the beach.

Hi - can you add me to the Roll Call - heading there 8/3-8/10 - 1st timer
I have some questions, if anyone is willing to answer them or tell me where to go and find them? Thanks a bunch

We are staying at the BW in Disney before hand and renting a car to drive to VB.
Are there places to go and see or have dinner at near the resort that we could drive too?
My daughter will be 10 - will see be bored with the resort?
Is there enough choices to eat at for a week? We don't have a kitchen - and I read someone said the food was awful - so now I am nervous.
If anyone has a 9/10/11 yr girl that is going the same time - maybe they can email with my dd and get to know one another before hand and then they can hang out - we did this 2xs before, before we went on cruise and they had a blast and still e-mail each other.
Anything else I need to know??

useally we just do the BW and the cruise - so kind of nervous trying something new.

OK so we are really looking forward to our newest Disney adventure. We are cruising on the Dream 11/3 then heading to Vera for 2 nights following. Its our first time there and we wanted to try something different this year and not head to parks. I'm super excited just to relax a little longer after the cruise.

We camped at the Fort the same week last year and weather was absolutely gorgeous. Don't believe it rained once and was warmed into high 80's for 10 days. Praying for the same again this year.

My question is about dining. We are DVC so we went for the studio. We will have light breakfasts there then lunch and dinner at resort. How is dining. I do want to do Saturday's Character buffet before we leave to head home. But that's all I researched so far. I did read a previous post about Thursday night Seafood Buffet so I got that noted. Does DVC get discounts all over resort for dining? Also, we will be driving from NJ so we can leave resort if there is a special place off site that is something worth a try. :thumbsup2

Food-
We went to Vero last May and found that we enjoyed Shutters but the food is good not great. Off property we went to :
Lobster Shanty- Over the bridge down in Vero. Good food on the water but inside. A plus for us.
Mulligans- In Vero proper, very good, relaxed atmosphere
Ocean Grill- Best place of our visit. Good food, a little more upscale then Mulligans. It is across the parking lot from Mulligans.
Squid Lips- up in Sebastian. We found it fair at best, but others love it. Maybe they were just having a bad night.

Look back at the first few pages, there is a pizza place that delivers. I looked up things on the web to find places in the area and get reviews.

We have vacationed with a 10yr old that is very chatty. She would have been fine at Vero. On the weekend they have a DJ at the pool. Good slide, lots of activity to do during the day for all the kids. Good slide.

Thanks for the info - sounds great! I will do some research now.

Food-
We went to Vero last May and found that we enjoyed Shutters but the food is good not great. Off property we went to :
Lobster Shanty- Over the bridge down in Vero. Good food on the water but inside. A plus for us.
Mulligans- In Vero proper, very good, relaxed atmosphere
Ocean Grill- Best place of our visit. Good food, a little more upscale then Mulligans. It is across the parking lot from Mulligans.
Squid Lips- up in Sebastian. We found it fair at best, but others love it. Maybe they were just having a bad night.

Look back at the first few pages, there is a pizza place that delivers. I looked up things on the web to find places in the area and get reviews.

We have vacationed with a 10yr old that is very chatty. She would have been fine at Vero. On the weekend they have a DJ at the pool. Good slide, lots of activity to do during the day for all the kids. Good slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter