VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they decided to discontinue room service? The CM I spoke with said the lunch menu has been expanded at the GCR since Shutters no longer serves lunch. The current issue of Disney Files seems to say Shutters is only open for dinner but they are open daily for breakfast.

We will be going back again June 19-27, 2013.
Can hardly wait. Went for the first time 2 years ago (even though we have owned there since 2000) and positively loved it.

Tried to get 2 BR for our whole stay but the last two nights were not available so we will be splitting up and staying in 2-Inn Rooms our last two nights.

I'll be there next week :goodvibes - and I don't care too much what the weather will be like. 1/3/13 to 1/7. And I'll be there again in April: 4/9 to 4/13. I think I must have had about 20 visits during my membership.

Headed to Vero 1/16 with DH, DS13, DD 9 & DS 5:cool1:

Looking at activites and see that the age for the craft time is 6-12. When we were there in 2011, DS who was 3 at the time able to do craft time then. The younger 2 loved it while older DS & DH went to Daytona 500. Does anyone know if strict about age or not?

If they are, I guess we'll find something else to do, but the craft time is one of the things the kids were looking forward to.

Thanks!

Headed to Vero 1/16 with DH, DS13, DD 9 & DS 5:cool1:

Looking at activites and see that the age for the craft time is 6-12. When we were there in 2011, DS who was 3 at the time able to do craft time then. The younger 2 loved it while older DS & DH went to Daytona 500. Does anyone know if strict about age or not?

If they are, I guess we'll find something else to do, but the craft time is one of the things the kids were looking forward to.

Thanks!

I'm no expert, but I would say just go. Your youngest is near the 6 year mark and will be with an older sibling. Not saying you should lie, but hope that reason will outweigh a few months. Also, can't believe this will be a busy time at the resort so that may help.

Thanks dreamlinda! I was thinking I'd just try it. Let cm tell my 5-1/2 year old that he can't do craft. ;)

Does anyone know what condition the beach at VB is in? We were there in December 2011 and there was relatively no beach below an 8 foot cliff due to erosion. Also heard from some Floridians that the coastline in that area took a beating during hurricane Sandy. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who might know first hand! Thanks!

Mike

Hi All,

we will be staying at Vero for the first time July 13 - 20.

it will be me, hubby and 2 sons, ages 10 and 16.

I am hoping for a nice relaxing vacation with no park storming this time.

I also hope that there are activiies that the kids can go do while hubby and i sit on the beach and do nothing!

I look forward to reading through all this info to figure out what to book ahead of time and what to hold off on.

thanks all!

We're looking forward to our first VB stay in early Sept (1-4), then over to BWV for a few nights.
Never stayed at VB before. It will just be my dh and myself...so we'll only need a studio or regular room. Is one preferable to the other?? It would be nice to have breakfast and some light lunches in our room, but nothing that needs 'cooking'. I can't decide which one I want to book...the studio or the inn room.
Any thoughts??

We're looking forward to our first VB stay in early Sept (1-4), then over to BWV for a few nights.
Never stayed at VB before. It will just be my dh and myself...so we'll only need a studio or regular room. Is one preferable to the other?? It would be nice to have breakfast and some light lunches in our room, but nothing that needs 'cooking'. I can't decide which one I want to book...the studio or the inn room.
Any thoughts??

Even DH, who likes rooms with 1 bed and sleeper sofa, prefers OVIRs with the 2 queen beds over the studios with the 1 queen & the sofa. We like the ocean view. There's the little kitchenette in both. I've 4 nights in an OVIR coming up in just about 10 days, after the MC!:thumbsup2

Any thoughts??

I agree with Bobbi - dh and I very much prefer the ocean view inn rooms to the studios, which depending on the location can seem very dark inside. And, a guaranteed ocean view is so great!! There are (or at least were) two OVIR's with king beds, but we do not request them any longer because the balconies on these rooms have a solid wall which blocks the view unless your standing up. Whichever way you go, have a great time ~ we always do!

Ahhhh, thanks for the info. I didn't realize there was a kitchenette in the OVIRs!!! This is a whole new thing for me!!! Thrilled and very excited about staying here. Looks like I'll be booking a room at the inn!!!!

Any thoughts??

I have to concur with Bobbi & Linda. At least your first few stays need to be an ocean view room. It is so relaxing and soothing to see and hear the surf. And the sunrises right from your balcony.

Let me demonstrate...

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter