Various questions about MK access

richfei

Earning My Ears
We have a 9 day vacation to Florida coming up in June with a 6 and 12 year old and my wife and we're staying at Vistana Villages. We bought a package through Costco so we have to pick up the tickets at will call (6 day MYW and 3 day Universal). We're taking a red eye flight and will get on Wed June 25 around 7:10am. Hopefully will get out of the airport by 8am. We want to do 3 days MK, 1 day HS, 1 day Epcot, 1 day AK and 3 days Universal. This will be our first trip to Disneyworld

A few questions

1) Does standard MYW tickets through Costco travel offer any fastpass+ or early morning privileges ?

2) Is there any way to activate the tickets outside of the park in advance instead of going to the park's will call booths ?

3) If I have to pickup the MYW tickets at willcall, is there still a fastpass+ option ? Is it still worth using for the main attractions bearing in mind that fastpass for the following day has been open for 60 days already ?

4) Are there lockers at various points around the Magic Kingdom or only at the entrance ?

5) Are there drop off points at the 4 main Disney parks, so I can drop the family off before parking in one of the main car parks and meeting up with them later ?

6) We're likely to leave at lunchtime and come back. Is there a preferred parking garage at the MK for those coming into the park early as well as coming back after 2pm ? Preferred as in closer to the gate, less circling around or easier access to get out at lunch and coming back

We have a 9 day vacation to Florida coming up in June with a 6 and 12 year old and my wife and we're staying at Vistana Villages. We bought a package through Costco so we have to pick up the tickets at will call (6 day MYW and 3 day Universal). We're taking a red eye flight and will get on Wed June 25 around 7:10am. Hopefully will get out of the airport by 8am. We want to do 3 days MK, 1 day HS, 1 day Epcot, 1 day AK and 3 days Universal. This will be our first trip to Disneyworld

A few questions

1) Does standard MYW tickets through Costco travel offer any fastpass+ or early morning privileges ?

2) Is there any way to activate the tickets outside of the park in advance instead of going to the park's will call booths ?

3a) If I have to pickup the MYW tickets at willcall, is there still a fastpass+ option ?

3b) Is it still worth using for the main attractions bearing in mind that fastpass for the following day has been open for 60 days already ?

4) Are there lockers at various points around the Magic Kingdom or only at the entrance ?

5) Are there drop off points at the 4 main Disney parks, so I can drop the family off before parking in one of the main car parks and meeting up with them later ?

6) We're likely to leave at lunchtime and come back. Is there a preferred parking garage at the MK for those coming into the park early as well as coming back after 2pm ? Preferred as in closer to the gate, less circling around or easier access to get out at lunch and coming back

1) Yes.
2) That's a question for Costco.
3a) Yes. Day-of, in the park.
3b) Some, if not all.
4) At MK, just inside the gates, only.
5) Yes, but I would not do that. (At MK, the drop-off is at TTC.)
6) Nope.

A few questions

3) If I have to pickup the MYW tickets at willcall, is there still a fastpass+ option ? Is it still worth using for the main attractions bearing in mind that fastpass for the following day has been open for 60 days already ?

1. Yes to FP, no to EMH.

2. Not sure what you mean by "activate". You need your ticket at each park entrance, but don't need to do anything beforehand to activate them. Unless you have a voucher.

3. Not sure.

4. Only at entrances, except for lockers near KRR in AK meant to be used to keep things dry.

5. Yes, but for what you want to do I'm not sure that makes much sense. You will need to explain at the toll plaza that you are dropping people off.

6. No, just go where directed when you arrive each time--no garages either.

lockers are under the train station
no drop off. At MK, you park at a satellite site and take either the monorail or ferry to the park. the other parks, you park and take a tram.
no preferred parking.

lockers are under the train station
no drop off. At MK, you park at a satellite site and take either the monorail or ferry to the park. the other parks, you park and take a tram.
no preferred parking.

It is possible to drop off guests, but I agree with Robo that it doesn't gain much if the driver is just parking the car afterwards.

One other clarification on the EMH question. EMH access is not tied to tickets; it is available only to Disney resort guests (and guests of a couple of other resorts). So, if your Costco package includes a room at a WDW resort then you will get EMH access; it's just tied to the resort stay, not to the tickets per se.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter