• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Varicose Veins?

2angelsinheaven

Loves making dreams come true!
Any DISer's have them and what helps?

I recently saw my doctor for a physical and during my check up I told him about some spotchy discoloring on my ankles, some swelling and heavy legs. Also some pretty bad pain on one leg, he said it looked as if I had some Varicose veins, but then somehow we changed subjects and I forgot to ask him more about it.

My jobs requires I stand for 6 hours a day on hard tile in dress shoes (heels, not docker type), which I'm sure doesn't help, so any DISer's have any ideas on home refreshing, you know things I can do to lessen the aches. And what about compression socks? Thanks in advance, I'm going to try to call tomorrow but curious. ;)

I definately recommend support stockings. You can get them by prescription, they are better than something you can buy in the store. They are expensive, $80, and probably not re-imbursed by insurance.

I had terrible pain in my leg from that, it got worse as time went on. I finally got EVLT procedure done (laser treatment), It was the best thing I did for myself, becuase I had no more pain.

There isnt really anything else to recommend as far as the stockings go, especially if you have to be on your feet all day.

I have them but they are not considered bad enough for surgery. The blood flow is ok so the insurance would consider it more cosmetic. My understanding is support hose are helpful but I'm not a dress person so don't wear support or any other hose. I find relief in elevating my legs when possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter