Vanished with Beth Holloway

TaraPA

Can't live without a ticker!!!!
Anyone else watch this new show on Lifetime?

This week they're featuring the Jessica Lundsford story. Never has a missing child story made me physically sick to my stomach like this one did. I remember watching on TV back in 2005 when John Couey admitted that he buried that precious little girl alive after he raped her, clutching her favorite stuffed animal. That story has haunted me for 6 years, and now the dad is on saying that he is still tortured every day because John Couey told him that as he was burying the little girl alive, she could hear her dad calling for her (the killer lived 200 yards away). The dad said he watched as they pulled his little girl out of a hole in the ground in a trash bag, and her little fingers had poked holes in the bag trying to escape. I am sobbing hearing this man's words. That poor poor little girl, and her poor family. I don't know why I'm having such a reaction this story about people I don't even know, I just feel so heartbroken. I'm so disgusted that someone could do that to a child. I don't know how that dad has gone on with his life, knowing the details that he does about what happened to his daughter, and seeing them take her body from the ground in a garbage bag. He is one strong man.

Anyone else watching?

No I didn't watch it and after hearing you describe the show tonight, I'm glad I didn't. I remember that story of that poor little girl. Just reading you describe what she went through is bringing tears to my eyes.

Yeah, I didn't do any good for the show coming on here like a blubbering idiot! Beth has been getting a lot of bashing on blogs & forums over this show & I wondered how others felt. I think it's great what she's doing. I see her a the new John Walsh. But it appears a lot of people have a different opinion.

This is what I mean when I say that there are some things worse than death, although in the end this poor child got both, a world of unimaginable suffering and then death.

I don't know why I'm having such a reaction this story about people I don't even know, I just feel so heartbroken.

Trust me, I have cried rivers over news stories of little kids being killed or kidnapped. The one that got me real bad with Samantha Runion from California. Also there was a time I was all over the Jon Benet Ramsey story, its like I wanted justice for her so badly. ETA: The Amish school shooting..I was a mess.

we were watching last night. they also featured tara grimstead.

The Jessica Lunsford case was close to here, that really hit home. What a sad story, but how her father has been after her death is even more sad. They should not have given him an ounce of airtime last night.

I like the show and will try to keep up with it!

I watched the show night on lifetime regarding the rape and murder of this young girl, i cannot get this out of my head. I am so sickened by this story and so heartbroken for her family especially her father, this is haunting. Of all the horror stories i've heard i do believe this is the most horrific, every time of think about it i cry and feel this enraging anger. I would love to reach out to her family and tell them how sorry i am and i pray for them. No one deserves anything like this to happen to them its inconceivable to anyone with a heart. I wish i could have helped her i am so sick by this i am crying as i'm typing this, it's just so disturbing. All i can think about is the poor little girl may she rest in the hands of the lord...

I watched the show night on lifetime regarding the rape and murder of this young girl, i cannot get this out of my head. I am so sickened by this story and so heartbroken for her family especially her father, this is haunting. Of all the horror stories i've heard i do believe this is the most horrific, every time of think about it i cry and feel this enraging anger. I would love to reach out to her family and tell them how sorry i am and i pray for them. No one deserves anything like this to happen to them its inconceivable to anyone with a heart. I wish i could have helped her i am so sick by this i am crying as i'm typing this, it's just so disturbing. All i can think about is the poor little girl may she rest in the hands of the lord...

So I'm not the only one who had such a strong reaction to this. It just rips my heart out every time I see hear about it.

We watch lots of crime shows but I avoid anything to do with kids. I DVR'd this series but as DH began to play it the other day all the hairs on my body stood up and I turned it off, now I am really glad I did :eek: I'll just say a few prayers and delete:sad1: My heart can't take it, I am still haunted by that horror Skylar Kauffman suffered early in May, just last month

I actually watched 3 episodes in a row this past weekend (On Demand). I did see the Jessica Lunsford episode and cried as well. All these stories make me sad and puzzled as well. I also watch "Disappeared" on ID Discovery channel and wonder where do they disappear to?

welcome to the DIS - interesting first post - crime search ending up on the DIS....it is a heartbreaking story, I would not be reaching out to the dad in this case though.

I actually watched 3 episodes in a row this past weekend (On Demand). I did see the Jessica Lunsford episode and cried as well. All these stories make me sad and puzzled as well. I also watch "Disappeared" on ID Discovery channel and wonder where do they disappear to?

honest to goodness....it is amazing isn't it? How people just vanish with no trace. Actually very scary! There are tons of people missing right now and not enough coverage, people who care etc to find them!

Do I dare ask why people say they wouldn't be reaching out to the dad? I know nothing about him or what he did which is why I am asking. I absolutely cannot watch those shows though. Way too heartbreaking for me.

This week they're featuring the Jessica Lundsford story. Never has a missing child story made me physically sick to my stomach like this one did. I remember watching on TV back in 2005 when John Couey admitted that he buried that precious little girl alive after he raped her, clutching her favorite stuffed animal. That story has haunted me for 6 years, and now the dad is on saying that he is still tortured every day because John Couey told him that as he was burying the little girl alive, she could hear her dad calling for her (the killer lived 200 yards away). The dad said he watched as they pulled his little girl out of a hole in the ground in a trash bag, and her little fingers had poked holes in the bag trying to escape. I am sobbing hearing this man's words. That poor poor little girl, and her poor family. I don't know why I'm having such a reaction this story about people I don't even know, I just feel so heartbroken. I'm so disgusted that someone could do that to a child. I don't know how that dad has gone on with his life, knowing the details that he does about what happened to his daughter, and seeing them take her body from the ground in a garbage bag. He is one strong man.

Anyone else watching?

I have not watched but the Jessica Lunsford murder affected me greatly at the time and I really do not know how her father is still holding it together.:hug:Mary

Do I dare ask why people say they wouldn't be reaching out to the dad? I know nothing about him or what he did which is why I am asking. I absolutely cannot watch those shows though. Way too heartbreaking for me.

Yes, I'd like to know as well. I've only ever seen him remain strong and show love for his daughter during and after. Maybe I missed something that the locals know more about. :confused3

Heartbreaking.

Not to get political - I'm personally conflicted on the death penalty. But creeps like this are the reason it exists. What other punishment is just for someone who is this much of a sociopath?!?!

Anyone else watching?

there is a lot of local back story on him. you can google for info. I can't stand him. What happened to Jessica is horrific and I don't know how the grandparents (who were the ones basically raising her) handle it every day.

honest to goodness....it is amazing isn't it? How people just vanish with no trace. Actually very scary! There are tons of people missing right now and not enough coverage, people who care etc to find them!

It is scary, and I do know of one case. Colleen Elizabeth Perris, 18, disappeared after telling her mom she'd be back in time to go to the baseball game with them. It took 8 years for her parents to announce her as "dead" so they could withdrawal $20,000 education fund to be put towards the reward of finding her.

Then there's Jennifer Kesse, 24, disappeared after leaving work. This incident happened less than a couple of miles away from where I lived, I was 22 at the time.

Both cases, Police found their car's with no evidence inside at all. It's like they were plucked from the sky, never to be seen by any one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter