Vancouver's Hotel With Walking Distance To Restaurants

luv2surf

Mouseketeer
Looking for an easy-walking distance from the hotel to restaurants in Vancouver area, for our Disney Wonder Alaska cruise, June 2016. Name of restaurants if you can. Also, how much would it cost to take a taxi from the hotel to port? Many thanks :)

Looking for an easy-walking distance from the hotel to restaurants in Vancouver area, for our Disney Wonder Alaska cruise, June 2016. Name of restaurants if you can. Also, how much would it cost to take a taxi from the hotel to port? Many thanks :)
What hotel?

We stayed at the Pinnacle Marriott which is just three blocks from the port. You can't walk half a block in any direction without finding many restaurants and bars. If you can do a 3+ block walk from the port you are in the Gas Light District which is a major tourist area. Once you are there about every third business is an eating establishment of some sort.

As PrincessShmoo asked let us know where you are staying and I bet you'll get lots of suggestions. We stayed 2 days before our cruise and 1 day after and never ate at the same place twice and never needed a taxi.

Enjoy your stay/cruise.

We stayed at the Hyatt and really enjoyed it. There were several restaurants close by. We ate at the cactus club and thought it was great. Taxi to port was less than $10

Vancouver is very walkable and you will have plenty of dining options!

We stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront. We walked to the port. We ate at Rogue, Flying Pig (delicious), had Gelato, Starbucks, Tim Horton's, food trucks, and more were within walking distance. We made our hotel reservations on Last Minute Travel. Our room was $136 a night. Might even be cheaper now due to the exchange rate favoring the dollar.

Thoughts....
  • most hotels around around $10 to $20 to the port. By avoiding the cruise terminal hotels, your cab fare is paid for.
  • how far is "easy walking distance"? I have no problems walking for 30 minutes or more.... your kids may choose 5 minutes.
  • what is your hotel budget? Pan Pacific is above the cruise terminal, but you see significant savings walking 3 or more blocks away... especially for a multi night stay.
  • IMO...... hotels near or along Robson offers the best choice for restaurants
  • does the kids like ice cream.... must plan a stop at Bella's or a cab ride to La Casa for dessert.
  • White Spot is a fav restaurants for kids.... pirate packs! Rocky Mountain Flatbread and Red Robin are fav for kids...
    http://www.straight.com/bov/2015/winners/3881

We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront. It is right across the street from the port. There are lots of restaurants around. I don't remember which ones.

Hello, we just stayed at the Pan Pacific and right across the street there were many fast food restaurants to eat at. Best of all you are right at the port and can watch the Wonder come into port. It was awesome. Loved it.:o

Last edited:
We stayed at the Delta Vancouver Suites in August.
It was a few block walk to the pier and plenty of nice dining in every direction.

About half the price of the Pan Pacific for a family of the 6 of us.

What hotel?

:) My question is...what restaurants? :)

OP, downtown Vancouver is an immensely walkable area, with TONS of great food around. If you love Indian food, stay at the Listel Hotel and cross the street to the small Indian place. Take a taxi to the port; it won't be much money at all, and there's so much on that part of Robson. If you like a french bakery, or the Japadog cart, or easy access to crepes and a coffeeshop, stay at Sutton Place or it's sister condo-style building Le Grande Residence at Sutton. Again, take a cab b/c it won't be that costly at all to the port. There are so many good hotels, and soooo many good restaurants, it's really an impossible question to ask. :)

As long as you're in downtown and not in Chinatown (that area is a bit far off AND it's not really the Chinatown sort of district anymore, since that area moved closer to the airport), it's hard to go wrong.

We plan to stay at the Blue Horizon. When I looked at the map there were lots of nearby eateries within walking distance.

We stayed at the Shangri-La Hotel, OMG!!! it was awesome!!! And close to everything.

The Old Spaghetti Factory is right next to the terminal and has great food and is pretty inexpensive.

The Old Spaghetti Factory is right next to the terminal and has great food and is pretty inexpensive.

Although in our experience they have a different menu (not entirely, but enough to make a difference) than the US OSFs. So if you're used to OSF's menu in the States, be prepared to find new faves. (for instance, no creamy pesto dressing)

I'm usually one who is quick to through the US under the bus for just about any reason, with food being at the tiptop of the list, but in this case, I like the US menu better.

Red Robin in Vancouver, on the other hand, is SO much better than Red Robin in the US.

When we're in Vancouver, crepes are at the top of our culinary items to eat. Thankfully there are about a gabillion places to find them. :)

My DD and I were there for the Aug cruise and stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront Hotel (different from Marriott Pinnacle which is across the street). We had a Harbor Front -Club Level room with a balcony which we enjoyed watching the water planes fly in. Hotel was with in walking distance to Canada Place (not with luggage) for dinner at Tap and Barrel (there is outside seating)and we caught the free shuttle to Capilano Suspension Bridge ( go early gets very crowded). Another restaurant is White Spot (nothing fancy but food was good)that we had dinner and was able to walk to. We took a taxi to the Tea House located in Stanley Park for Sunday Brunch(need reservations). The taxi from the airport to hotel was a flat 35.00 CA. Since we had a 4:30pm flight on departure day, we had a day room at the Fairmont Airport. Enjoy your trip. Alaska is beautiful.pooh:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter