**** Vancouver FAQ Thread **** A few updates in main post!

You will find the Pan Pacific puts their stuff on hotwire fairly late - 2 weeks out, sometimes only a week to 10 days :)
The Sutton Place (the other 5*) puts thiers out on there further in advance, especially lately because they rely on the film industry to fill their rooms, and our film industry here is in trouble right now.

Exactly what I wanted to know--thanks so much!

Has anyone had luck with the Priceline "Name Your Own Price"? I placed a bid for $100 for a 5 star hotel yesterday in downtown Vancouver and got it. It does make me nervous because that is so cheap. Has anyone else done this? Were you happy/unhappy with the result? Thanks so much!

Has anyone had luck with the Priceline "Name Your Own Price"? I placed a bid for $100 for a 5 star hotel yesterday in downtown Vancouver and got it. It does make me nervous because that is so cheap. Has anyone else done this? Were you happy/unhappy with the result? Thanks so much!

When your bid was accepted, which hotel were you given? (I've never bidded before)

I am going to guess she got sutton place? I wouldn't be nervous with any 4-5 star in Vancouver -they are all fantastic.

OrcaPotter said:
When your bid was accepted, which hotel were you given? (I've never bidded before)

I didn't purchase it so I didn't find out what hotel it was. I chickened out after they told me i could have a room at that price. Made me nervous because I saw that Priceline only guarantees double occupancy and we have 4 total for the room. I am holding off for now. May end up going with Hotwire. At least they know how many will be in the room.

I'm starting to get antsy over booking my hotel pre-cruise. I'm curious to hear more about where people are staying this year and how much per night you're paying. I'm flying in 6/1 and cruising 6/3.

I'm starting to get antsy over booking my hotel pre-cruise. I'm curious to hear more about where people are staying this year and how much per night you're paying. I'm flying in 6/1 and cruising 6/3.

Two families from our cruise just found the Sheraton Wall Center on Hotwire for $91/night. A total steal!

Edit: I am seeing it there at that rate, still, but only for the one single night before the cruise. If you stay more than just Sunday night, the price goes up considerably. This is for the night of June 30.

Two families from our cruise just found the Sheraton Wall Center on Hotwire for $91/night. A total steal!

Edit: I am seeing it there at that rate, still, but only for the one single night before the cruise. If you stay more than just Sunday night, the price goes up considerably. This is for the night of June 30.

Nice! Thanks for he heads up!

I have not read the whole thread, so forgive me if this was answered- but what are the carseat laws in Vancouver? We would like to avoid bringine one for my 2.5 year old if we can, but not sure how that works with cabs/shuttle/subway etc. We have not booked a hotel yet and are hoping for one that offers a shuttle to either the airport or the port (both would be awesome if available!). We are staying one night before the cruise and one night after.

loved the sheraton wall centre - we went concierge & the concierge lounge was fantastic - great views - and transport into the city was so easy -

I noticed on Groupon today there is a park and fly deal in Vancouver. Not sure if the hotel is nice but you can't beat the price only $99 (canadian) for the night plus 7 days of parking. It's near the Skytrain so easy access to the port too.

FYI - I got the Sheraton Wall Centre for a one-night stay after our cruise for $93 today on Hotwire.

Some 5-start hotels are showing up for a one-night stay for that night was well...I saw something downtown for $130-ish/night. Not sure what hotel it was. This would have been for the night of July 8.

My family wants to go to Grouse Mountain the day before we sail. DH and DD (who is only 6.5) want to do the parasailing/paragliding thing. I am terrified for them to do it. How safe is it and should we buy tickets in advance or do I have to worry about it selling out?

My family wants to go to Grouse Mountain the day before we sail. DH and DD (who is only 6.5) want to do the parasailing/paragliding thing. I am terrified for them to do it. How safe is it and should we buy tickets in advance or do I have to worry about it selling out?

Don't blame you for being terrified! I know I would not let my 6 year old do it! There is the new attraction opening right at the Cruise ship terminal, it's called Flyin Over Canada, built and run by the same people who have done the Soarin over California attraction at California Adventure at Disneyland. I think that's about all the paragliding/hangliding type thing I would let my kids do! lol... Have you ridden the Soarin at Disneyland? it is really amazing! Can't wait for this to open here!

Don't blame you for being terrified! I know I would not let my 6 year old do it! There is the new attraction opening right at the Cruise ship terminal, it's called Flyin Over Canada, built and run by the same people who have done the Soarin over California attraction at California Adventure at Disneyland. I think that's about all the paragliding/hangliding type thing I would let my kids do! lol... Have you ridden the Soarin at Disneyland? it is really amazing! Can't wait for this to open here!

Do you have more info on this or know when it will open? Sounds fun.

I have not read the whole thread, so forgive me if this was answered- but what are the carseat laws in Vancouver? We would like to avoid bringine one for my 2.5 year old if we can, but not sure how that works with cabs/shuttle/subway etc. We have not booked a hotel yet and are hoping for one that offers a shuttle to either the airport or the port (both would be awesome if available!). We are staying one night before the cruise and one night after.

Car seats are not required on busses or shuttles, Taxis are another thing. Here is a link to a bcaa brochure on the topic. I am not actually sure if it against the law for them to ride in a taxi without a car seat or not, but it is certainly not recommended.
http://www.bcaaroadsafety.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/CLICK_edu_May10.pdf
I think you could get away with just using the shuttles and busses, and avoid taxis depending on where you stay.

Do you have more info on this or know when it will open? Sounds fun.

http://www.flyovercanada.com/
they also have a facebook page, that has a lot more information than their website does! lol....
https://www.facebook.com/#!/flyovercanada?fref=ts
Unlike the Soarin over California ride, they will also have a preshow, so the whole thing is about 1/2 hour. I am so excited that a little bit of Disney magic, well magic they are using, is coming to my hometown!
hope it is ok to have the links here?

they also have a facebook page, that has a lot more information than their website does! lol....
Unlike the Soarin over California ride, they will also have a preshow, so the whole thing is about 1/2 hour. I am so excited that a little bit of Disney magic, well magic they are using, is coming to my hometown!

I am really hoping that this is open in June.
We've been checking the website for a long time now and it still just says 'open spring 2013'
fingers crossed it will be open because we would love to do it :)

Thanks for sharing, adding this to my list. We sail in July

Thanks so much.

Yes, the links are fine to post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter