**** Vancouver FAQ Thread **** A few updates in main post!

Hi,

I have another question. I like to give guest services some candy when I ask them to have my itmes autographed. I also give a small bag to the servers, stateroom host, etc. Is there any place near the Pan Pacific Hotel that I could buy hershey chocolates? Thank you.

Hi,

I have another question. I like to give guest services some candy when I ask them to have my itmes autographed. I also give a small bag to the servers, stateroom host, etc. Is there any place near the Pan Pacific Hotel that I could buy hershey chocolates? Thank you.

MMMMM..chocolate. One of my fav subjects.
Not Hershey's but Purdy's Chocolate in Vancouver.
They have a ton of locations.
http://www.purdys.com/

I posted this on the main cruise forum and never got an answer. Perhaps I'll be more lucky here? :worship:

I see an Imax Theatre listed on several of the Vancouver visitor websites at Canada Place, but when I go to the Imax website, it's not listed. I also saw on a website that this closed 2009. Can anyone tell me if it's open or closed?

I see that there are several in Vancouver, including one at Science World. So, if the Canada Place one is closed, we may go there.

TIA. :flower3:

Was it quite walkable from the SkyTrain to the hotel? We are staying at the Fairmont Waterfront and are planning on walking from the Skytrain to the hotel, but I'm a little concerned about doing this with luggage. Did it work out okay for you?

We walked and it was just fine. I think we took a longer route than necessary so I'd call the hotel before hand and ask specifically the easiest way to walk. But even taking the "long-cut", it was manageable with our luggage (all our luggage has wheels which made it very easy).

Glad to hear you had great vacation!
We are also staying at the Pan Pacific pre-cruise. Could you please tell me how far Veras Burgers and White Spot are from there? Are they both walkable (about 1 mile each way)? Is SkyTrain wheelchair friendly? Thanks for any info!

Veras Burgers and White Spot were not longer than one mile each way. Ask the Concierge the best route to take- they were very helpful for us. We like to walk and it is all in the downtown area with lots of other walkers and well timed streetlights/crosswalks.I believe the SkyTrain is wheelchair friendly. We had to use the elevator at the airport to get from the airport to the train platform (due to all our luggage) and I remember an elevator to get you up to the platform the day we took it out to Science World.

Just curious if these restaurants are within walking distance of Pan Pacific or did you have to take the Sky Train?

All of these restaurants were within walking distance. Another great restaurant that is very close (and we liked it so much we ate dinner there twice) was "Steamworks". It is in Gastown and everybody knows it (we had the young kids who ran the bike rental recommend it and we overheard some people talking on the SkyTrain about it. Great atmosphere, a very busy and popular restaurant every time we were there. Excellent food with a varied menu (kids had fish and chips or cheeseburgers; I had the Butter Chicken-YUM- one night and one of their specialty pizzas the other night... pesto with prawns- YUM again; husband had a specialty pizza one night and the lamb burger the other- he loved both).

I posted this on the main cruise forum and never got an answer. Perhaps I'll be more lucky here? :worship:

I see an Imax Theatre listed on several of the Vancouver visitor websites at Canada Place, but when I go to the Imax website, it's not listed. I also saw on a website that this closed 2009. Can anyone tell me if it's open or closed?

I see that there are several in Vancouver, including one at Science World. So, if the Canada Place one is closed, we may go there.

TIA. :flower3:

We asked the concierge about this as my husband had seen one advertised. They USED to have one there but no longer do. We did go to Science World despite the many bad reviews we had read. We LOVED the Imax show there (it was about Hubble and is kind of a cross between an Imax and a planetarium- AWESOME)! Beware- there was only ONE showing a day when we went and we almost missed it- I THINK it was at 11am. The kids spent a good two hours in the museum after the show and many reviews trashed the museum as boring. My sons are ages 7 and 9 and they had a great time (keep in mind it is geared to kids, not adults and your expectations will be realistic). We also saw an Imax show about the Ocean when we went to the aquarium and very, very much enjoyed this one too.

Hi,

There is an Urban Fare (like Earth Fare) grocery store / market that is about three blocks from the Pan Pacific - and also up a block from there is a drug store that is like a CVS that has a variety of items you might find suitable. That's actually where I picked up the "Canadian" candy I brought back for my office mates (rule was it had to be made in Canada). For directions, ask concierge - or google maps - you'll see that if you are coming out of the hotel onto the street in front of Canada Place, you would go to the right (towards the Olympic torch thing)... from there it's probably more like four blocks as we were staying at the Fairmont Pacific Rim and it was maybe 10 minutes to walk there.

Re: restaurants within walking distance - we ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory in GasTown and found it to be good, and easy to get to. We also ate at the Red Robin at the corner of Thurlow and Robson - it's uphill going as are most things from Canada Place. There is a food court directly across from the Pan Pacific that has a variety of fast-food places and also a diner inside that make for quick meals if you need that - Subway, McD's, Tim Hortons, several others I can't think of right now. It's adjacent to the Fairmont Waterfront.

Just wanted to post on here for anyone staying at the fairmont airport that you can get free wi fi in the airport terminal but it will cost you $15/day in the hotel. So you can just go down the escalator from hotel and log in for free ;)

Also there is a White Spot in the airport in the domestic terminal before security check.

Just wanted to post on here for anyone staying at the fairmont airport that you can get free wi fi in the airport terminal but it will cost you $15/day in the hotel. So you can just go down the escalator from hotel and log in for free ;)

Also there is a White Spot in the airport in the domestic terminal before security check.

How is the Fairmont Airport Hotel? Were you happy with it? Can you give some info on how the transfers from the hotel to pier were handled? We will be there in 3 weeks :cool1:

Enjoy you cruise!!!!!! :thumbsup2

How is the Fairmont Airport Hotel? Were you happy with it? Can you give some info on how the transfers from the hotel to pier were handled? We will be there in 3 weeks :cool1:

Enjoy you cruise!!!!!! :thumbsup2

We liked it. It was very similar to the hyatt at orlando airport for ease of everything. I am sitting waiting for bus in disney transfer area as i type this (we are boarding today) so i'll let you know when we return.

Hi all,

I was looking on Google Maps of the Canada Place surrounding area and saw this park which looks pretty close. We are staying at Pan Pacific...is it an easy walk to Portside Park? Looks like the most direct path is along Waterfront Rd, but it looks like a pretty busy road and can't tell if there are sidewalks.

After a train ride, our DD will need to do a bit of running.

Thanks!
PJ

Thank you very much for confirming my suspicions. :thumbsup2
and thanks for the additional information about Science World and the Aquarium. I'll have to show this to the troops to see what they think. :goodvibes

We asked the concierge about this as my husband had seen one advertised. They USED to have one there but no longer do. We did go to Science World despite the many bad reviews we had read. We LOVED the Imax show there (it was about Hubble and is kind of a cross between an Imax and a planetarium- AWESOME)! Beware- there was only ONE showing a day when we went and we almost missed it- I THINK it was at 11am. The kids spent a good two hours in the museum after the show and many reviews trashed the museum as boring. My sons are ages 7 and 9 and they had a great time (keep in mind it is geared to kids, not adults and your expectations will be realistic). We also saw an Imax show about the Ocean when we went to the aquarium and very, very much enjoyed this one too.

Hi all,

I was looking on Google Maps of the Canada Place surrounding area and saw this park which looks pretty close. We are staying at Pan Pacific...is it an easy walk to Portside Park? Looks like the most direct path is along Waterfront Rd, but it looks like a pretty busy road and can't tell if there are sidewalks.

After a train ride, our DD will need to do a bit of running.

Thanks!
PJ

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/crab-park-vancouver
Same area

We liked it. It was very similar to the hyatt at orlando airport for ease of everything. I am sitting waiting for bus in disney transfer area as i type this (we are boarding today) so i'll let you know when we return.

Thanks!! We enjoyed the convenience of the Hyatt. Excited to hear your report when you return.

ENJOY!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter