**** Vancouver FAQ Thread **** A few updates in main post!

Don't know if I missed this previously, but has anyone parked their car at the Canada Place cruise ship terminal? Any difficulty with being full or any way to get cheaper rates?

Yes, that does help. The 5* for our dates keeps coming up at 85% and the price tonight is $149. Most of what I have read says Pan Pacific is the one with 90% and Sutton Place is 80%. I will hold out and keep waiting for the 90%. We have Pan Pacific booked now for $250 per night so I am hoping to get that down a bit. Thanks for the info!!

Glad to help. Good luck getting the rate there! I am still needing a room for Saturday. The best that comes up is a 4 star with 90% downtown west at $128. I have no idea what that could be since there aren't many recent posts on that bidding website. I am trying to go through this thread to figure it out. Have you seen anything for that range?

Don't know if I missed this previously, but has anyone parked their car at the Canada Place cruise ship terminal? Any difficulty with being full or any way to get cheaper rates?

If you book the night before at the FourPoints Sheraton Vancouver Airport, they sometimes have a deal where, for $189, you can get the room night plus up to 7 nights parking (the park and fly deal).

You could drop the family off at the port, return the car to the hotel, walk over to the Lansdowne Canada Line station and go back ot the pier.

Here's their website: http://deals.fourpoints.com/Four-Po...13/so.htm?IM=PP_LHN_SOP_US_4P_213&iATANumber=

lbgraves - it could well be the Westin Bayshores It comes up often and fits the criteria
It's a pretty great hotel too

Actually FWIW- any downtown west hotel is SO close to the cruise port & any 4-5* under $150 is a great deal!!

This was probably already mentioned, but I thought it was nice to know... When you fly out of the Vancouver Airport, they had us go through United States customs before departing. This was really helpful since we didn't have a long connection time once we were back in the U.S. :goodvibes

We are planning on ziplining @ Grouse Mountian too. I hope the snow has melted.

We went to Whistler for ziplining and it was awesome. We did the eagle tour at Ziptrek and I couldnt imagine doing anything else. They have the longest line in all of Canada. Highly recommend it if you can get to whistler.

Also if in whislter look into the Monkido Course at Wild Play (A total blast)

Actually the $23 per day is a discounted rate for parking at Canada Place cruise terminal if you register ahead. Apparently the regular rate is $32. So for the 8 days it will cost $161. Parking is so much cheaper at the airport, but for a change we won't have to pay air fare to get to a ship. :ccat:

lbgraves - it could well be the Westin Bayshores It comes up often and fits the criteria
It's a pretty great hotel too

I booked it for Saturday night and it was the Sheraton Wall. Just .83 miles down the road to the Pan Pacific for Sunday & Monday nights! :):thumbsup2

Actually FWIW- any downtown west hotel is SO close to the cruise port & any 4-5* under $150 is a great deal!!

Honestly, after doing some searching and finding the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express at $170 or more I figured that any of the 4 star hotels listed would be great so decided not to be greeding trying to hold out for a third night at the Pan Pacific. We have waited so late to book I am surprised I have found anything that close! I just booked our flight into Vancouver today too. All the travel DH has done over the years helped out with that. :)

I booked it for Saturday night and it was the Sheraton Wall. Just .83 miles down the road to the Pan Pacific for Sunday & Monday nights! :):thumbsup2

I went thru Priceline and got the Sheraton Wall Center for $111 for 2 nights before our August cruise. Another family on the same cruise was able to get it for that rate as well.
I emailed them asking for 2 beds in the room and got a very quick reply that we would be getting a room with 2 beds. I used the contact info on the hotel's website.

I know that this is posted here somewhere, but am too lazy to search the whole thread.

Anyway, my question is this: How long does it take to get from the airport to Canada Place? What is the earliest DCL shuttle that leaves from there?

Thanks for you alls help!

Does anyone know if there is a money exchange office at the Vancover Airport? I need to get some Canadian cash for tips and such for our upcoming cruise.
Thanks
Doug

I know that this is posted here somewhere, but am too lazy to search the whole thread.

Anyway, my question is this: How long does it take to get from the airport to Canada Place? What is the earliest DCL shuttle that leaves from there?

Thanks for you alls help!

We took the Canada Line
$7.50 from the Airport to the WaterFront Station (Around the corner from Canada Place)

$2.50 from Waterfront Station back to the Airport. It took us about 25 mins to get to the airport from the port.

Does anyone know if there is a money exchange office at the Vancover Airport? I need to get some Canadian cash for tips and such for our upcoming cruise.
Thanks
Doug

There is both a money exchange and an ATM near the baggage claim area, near where you exit for the ground transportation and the Skytrain.

We took the Canada Line
$7.50 from the Airport to the WaterFront Station (Around the corner from Canada Place)

$2.50 from Waterfront Station back to the Airport. It took us about 25 mins to get to the airport from the port.

Thanks, I can budget that in. But how far is the airport from Canada Place?

Thanks
Doug

I'm on your cruise and posted on that board in regards to this but I also discovered on Trip Advisor that YES YVR has a money exchange but you will probably get a better rate if you use an ATM in the airport. Just a thought...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter