Vancouver airport ?

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
Hi there,
I remember reading somewhere on here that you should buy your alcohol for the cruise in the duty free shops at the airport. Can someone confirm that the Vancouver airport is a good place to purchase alcohol? We leave in 5 days and I'm trying to get a game plan!

Thank you!!

I believe that duty-free is only available before you get on the plane after security. When you land in Vancouver, you are taken directly to customs. There are no duty-free shops to stop in. I would plan on picking up any alcohol near port.

Correct, you are completely separate from the shops. The only option is near the port. There are plenty of options though.

Where are you staying? Here is the website for the BC gov't-run liquor stores so hopefully there is a location near your hotel. You will not be able to buy duty free when you arrive at YVR, you can only do that when you are flying OUT of YVR.

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/

There are no shops when you land. You go through customs, then to baggage, then past a currency exchange. There's Duty free shops if you're leaving Vancouver. If staying at the Pan just ask when you check in and I'm sure they'll point you to something close by.

Where are you staying? Here is the website for the BC gov't-run liquor stores so hopefully there is a location near your hotel. You will not be able to buy duty free when you arrive at YVR, you can only do that when you are flying OUT of YVR.

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/
I bought a bottle of Havana Club at one of these stores near the port. The prices weren't as high as I expected. Plus, I can't buy Cuban-made rum back in the states.

I've never done this...but we had the opportunity to shop duty free in the US BEFORE we went to Costa Rica. They were going to package everything up and deliver it to our plane (like usual). Perhaps, buying duty free in the US and taking with you in to Canada would work? Might want to do some research on that though, because I do not know the rules.

My vote....
  • 1st choice get the alcohol at the US airport duty post security
  • 2nd choice get the alcohol on the plane
  • 3rd choice walk to Alberni & Thurlow to check out the Signature public liquor store... then have dinner at one of the many restaurants along Robson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter