Values vs. Moderates

disneyphanatic1911

Mouseketeer
Is there really a big difference between the two besides room size? What is the advantage of staying in a Moderate over a Value? or vice versa?

Just trying to decide between CBR and Pop Century.

Family of four DD5 and DD2.

Thanks

POFQ is not as spread out as the other mods or the values.

POR CBR and CSR are very spread out.

The Values are laid out closer together.

The mods have pool slides, a hot tub and a sit down restaurant (POFQ doses not have a sit down restaurant but shares with POR.

There is not much room size difference between a mod and a value.

Here is the layout of a mod.
The bathroom is about the same size as the All Stars but you will have 2 sinks instead of one.

portorleansriv.gif

POR room lay out

here is the All Star room layout'

All_Star_Sports_Room_View.gif

All Star room layout

The mod has 54 square feet more than the value.
That means if both the mod and the value room were 27 feet long than the mod would be 2 feet wider. Just enough room for a double sink instead of a single.

There is not a lot of room size difference.

The theming at the values are much fun and so bright.
Little ones just love them.

Here are some photos from allearsnet.com

All Star Movies:

asmv20.jpg

All Star Movies Mickey Pool.

asmv22toystory.jpg

asmv21fantasia.jpg

asmv38101dalamations.jpg

Did you know if you count all of the Dalmatians (the icons plus the puppies on the buildings) you will come up with 101 Dalmatians?
Now how cool is that?

That is one of my favorite WDW trivia facts. I love the way Disney pays attention to details!

Here are some photos from Pop:

popcent95.jpg

popcent84.jpg

popcent39.jpg

popcent94.jpg

Have fun wherever you choose to stay!

Thanks!

Now that I see that the rooms are pretty much the same, it doesn't make sense to me to pay an extra 300 bucks.

I would probably get more for my money at a deluxe rather than a Moderate.

Disclaimer: I am a deluxe gal! LOL

That being said I have stayed at a value once and I am in no hurry to do it again ... however ... I do plan on trying a moderate in the future.

IMHO the mods just feel a lot more resort like. More laid back, relaxed ... more "vacationy".

We have visited just about all of the resorts and at WDW I truly believe you get what you pay for. Though the value resorts are "fine" the moderates are a step up from that and the deluxes are yet another step up.

I like the WL as it's almost like getting a deluxe on a moderate budget.

WDWO

disneyphanatic1911 said:
Thanks!

Now that I see that the rooms are pretty much the same, it doesn't make sense to me to pay an extra 300 bucks.

I would probably get more for my money at a deluxe rather than a Moderate.

I feel the same way.
I have stayed at CBR before but since I don't use the mod amenities it is not worth the extra money to me.

The Deluxes do have a better location sometimes and I loved the view of the MK from my CR Tower room so if I am planning to spend a lot of time at a resort I would stay there.

JMHO

It's all in what you want. I love to stay at the mods for the extra amenities and would never consider the values because I like the fact that I am not surrounded by Disney 24/7 at the resort. I much prefer the feel of being in Mexico, the caribbean, the south or New Orleans over a giant Woody anyday. ;)

Buzz2001 said:
It's all in what you want. I love to stay at the mods for the extra amenities and would never consider the values because I like the fact that I am not surrounded by Disney 24/7 at the resort. I much prefer the feel of being in Mexico, the caribbean, the south or New Orleans over a giant Woody anyday. ;)

I think it is wonderful that Disney has many choices not only for different budgets but also for different vacation stays.

When I am at Disney I love to be surrounded by Disney 24/7.

When I think of a Disney Resort. I think of The All Stars.

I have been visiting since 1971 when it was brand new.
Most people would think I would equate the Poly or The Contemporary with Disney.
Not Me! The Poly and Contemporary may be nice resorts but they just do not seem Disneyto me.

I love the giant icons at the All Stars. The huge Coke cups with the straws in them at All Star Sports, the Giant Buzz and Woody and the Mickey pool at All Star Movies, and the pool with Donald at All Star Music. I feel like I stepped into a Disney Movie Fantasyland when I am at the All Stars.
Now that is Disney!
When we pull up to All Stars and I see those giant icons I get the biggest smile on my face. I know I am at Disney! :goodvibes
____________________________________-

If I want the feel of Mexico, the Caribbean, Hawaii, the South, New Orleans, the beach, or a mountain lodge, then I will vacation in Mexico, the Caribbean, the South, New Orleans, Hawaii, the beach, or a mountain lodge.

It is all a matter of choice and Disney gives us lots of choices.

I've stayed at both and would definitely have to vote for the moderates from a relaxation and noise level. The rooms aren't that different, but the food court at the ASSp at least was considerably louder and more of a zoo than any of the moderates we've stayed at.

Don't get me wrong, the values are still great and way better than not staying on property, but for such a small price difference, I'd far rather stay at a moderate.

-BiffMan

We just loved the 1 br at OKW resort! I was so relaxed and there is nothing better than getting up before the sun and having a cup of coffee on the private porch. The quiet and stillness is what you can't find at a value.

Not to mention the deluxe jaquzzi tub, seperate bathroom from the tub area, my own laundry room and a complete kitchen with dinette! I was so spoiled.

Now we are trying POFQ with more people and less room! I must be nuts!

Actally All Star Music is my favorite resort. It tends to be the quietest of all the values.

It seems like more seniors and couples and less young children stay at All Star Music then the other values.
Since young children (or the parents of young children think they) enjoy the themes of the other values more the parents usually chose the other values first.

DH and I enjoy the landscaping and peacefulness of All Star Music.
We enjoy relaxing by the pool (there are plenty of chairs and lounges), and the beautiful lighting at the resort by night.

I have never had the unfortunate experience of running the any of the large
groups of teens who sometimes stay at the values on school trips.
As long as you can avoid those large groups I do not think Noise will be an issue.

minnie61650 said:
I feel the same way.
I have stayed at CBR before but since I don't use the mod amenities it is not worth the extra money to me.

JMHO

This is exactly why we are staying at ASMo this time. We never used the main pool, ts restaurant or water sports available at CBR and felt it was more worth it to stay an extra 3 nights at a value!! :Pinkbounc

I've never stayed at a value, but will be trying a night at Music this December before our CSR stay. Driving down from ATL will take most of our day and energy. We just need a place to sleep for the night until we hit the parks and check into our room at CSR. Why pay for another night in a mod when it's just to sleep?

I'm looking forward to our stay at Music (DH is a musician), but the mods have things we *will* be using- the gym, for one. Who knows, though, we may decide to stay at the values again. I'm just excited to try new things.

Happy travels.

I'm really starting to lean towards Wilderness Lodge. From my research so far, I've found that the difference in price as compared to the mods isn't too drastic.

This will be my very first time in a Disney Resort, and I want it to be everything that I ever imagined it would be.

We are upgrading from a value resort to a mod this year. My DH likes things a little less noisy and congested. Also, the bussing situation was okay - but still took a lot of time out of our day, especially considering we took the kids back to the resort for naps/pool/relaxation time. On top of all that, my kids are young and drink a few glasses of milk everyday...especially before bedtime, and we got a fridge for milk, water, and juice. That cost us an extra $110. Mods have them in the rooms. I also like thefact that mods have a TS restaurant on site so if we aren't leaving the resort that day, we dont' have to travel for a nice, quiet meal.

I think for the extra $179 (I figured it out to the penny, practically) it's worth it to me.

ReneeA said:
We are upgrading from a value resort to a mod this year. My DH likes things a little less noisy and congested. Also, the bussing situation was okay - but still took a lot of time out of our day, especially considering we took the kids back to the resort for naps/pool/relaxation time. On top of all that, my kids are young and drink a few glasses of milk everyday...especially before bedtime, and we got a fridge for milk, water, and juice. That cost us an extra $110. Mods have them in the rooms. I also like thefact that mods have a TS restaurant on site so if we aren't leaving the resort that day, we dont' have to travel for a nice, quiet meal.

I think for the extra $179 (I figured it out to the penny, practically) it's worth it to me.

Wow! Only $179 difference. You got a great deal!
The rack rates for a mod is $70 more a night than a value so even after paying $10 extra a night I would have thought the difference in price between a value and a mod would be more that.
It seems you got a bargin!

Hope you enjoy the new (to you) resort!

disneyphanatic1911 said:
I'm really starting to lean towards Wilderness Lodge. From my research so far, I've found that the difference in price as compared to the mods isn't too drastic.

This will be my very first time in a Disney Resort, and I want it to be everything that I ever imagined it would be.

As your first trip, I'd definitely recommend WL over a value. As long as you don't get sticker shock on the price difference, all the "little things" that are there at WL will really enhance your trip and help make it really memorable.

You'll have a great time regardless of where you stay since it is Disney and all, but the WL will let you feel that extra bit pampered and the location and grounds will the extra bit nicer.

Hope you have a great trip wherever you choose and be sure to post back and let us know all about it!

-BiffMan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter