Value VS Moderate!

MODisneyfan

DIS Veteran
OK So I am not huge on asking questions but here I go..

I am considering the upgrade from a Value to a Moderate Resort. What is your favorite Moderate resort and why?

I am leaning towards Coronado Springs because they have the 2 queen beds and it is going to be my parents and I and we are not on the small side.

It is your preference because they are all very similar. I personally would stay at contemporary because it has an awesome location. Right next to Magic Kingdom ( my fav park)

I am considering the upgrade from a Value to a Moderate Resort. What is your favorite Moderate resort and why?

I am leaning towards Coronado Springs because they have the 2 queen beds and it is going to be my parents and I and we are not on the small side.

Personally, we are not fans of the values -- we find them too crowded, too noisy and too busy. We like the more spread out moderates as it never feels crowded, it is much quieter and it doesn't have that "nonstop" busy feel. We've stayed at the CSR eight times and love everything about it. So much in fact, we've never tried any of the other moderates (POR-Riverside would be our next choice). I don't think you can go wrong with any of the moderates.

If you are only going to use the resort to sleep and shower, you might want to consider sticking with the value. If you plan on "relaxing" at your resort during your stay, I would definitely upgrade to a moderate. And the queen beds at the CSR are heavenly. :)

It is your preference because they are all very similar. I personally would stay at contemporary because it has an awesome location. Right next to Magic Kingdom ( my fav park)

However, she said value to moderate. The Contemporary is a deluxe.

Coronado Springs is our favorite moderate! The pool and hot tub are really great - especially at night after the parks close. Many complain that the resort is too large, but we were in a really far out room and didn't feel like this at all. They have the buses set up so that they go around the resort and make 4 stops - at the front and then once in each section (Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas), so you're never too far from a bus stop. They also have the buses set up so that you can use them to get around - ride any theme park bus to get from your room to the front, then take the DTD bus to get from the front back to your room. At night after the parks close, the DTD buses stop at the front twice so that you can ride them to and from your room and the front. I think you all will love Coronado! Feel free to ask any questions!

Thank you guys for all your opinions! I think I am going to go with CS.. Is there a specific building that I should ask for?

We're doing CSR.

A few reasons:
-Queen bed
-Nicer bedding
-Renovated room
-Grounds/photos look amazing

We've done POFQ- I just didn't like the room- it wasn't my taste. If they were refurbished, I'd go back. The grounds were nice- loved the walk along the water to POR. I think the buildings were more my style at POR- but since the rooms are the same, I won't be going there.

Scroll down a bit- theres a CSR thread on here that KatMark has put together with tons of pictures and info. It will help you decide what to request for a building. It all depends on your taste.

Coronado Springs, hands down, is our favorite Moderate. The beds are SO comfy and while it may be something small to others, I loved the divider doors between the room and bathroom. The grounds are beautiful, the pool is fun. The only downside is the buses. Try to request the Casitas, so you can be closest to Bus stop 2. They pick up there first and we quite often didn't have room on the bus to finish the other stops at the resort.
We've also tried POR and Caribbean Beach.

We did CSR last April and loved it. We were in Ranchos 7b. Right next to the bus and the Dig Site. I know you are all adults, so the pool is a non-player, but CSR does have the largest hot tub on property. ;)

If you want to be close to El Centro, DO NOT REQUEST RANCHOS... it's the furthest from the main building (we were about a 15-20 min walk - and I walk slow - make sure to cut across the bridge vs. going a r o u n d the lake...) If you are looking for somewhere quiet and proximity to the main building isn't an issue, look there. The quiet pool and laundry were right around the corner from our room. We heard NO ONE... and we were on a main path during Easter week. I think I heard Mousekeepers once, that's it.

We'd love to go back to CSR, but if a good deal comes out we will be checking out CBR as that's where my friend is staying (but it sure does beat a value!).

I hope it's not too late to suggest POR! We stayed in the "Alligator Bayou" section at this resort for part of our stay last summer and fell in LOVE with it. The theming is just fantastic and that part of POR is so secluded and relaxing.

You will find a huge difference between the value and any of the moderate resorts. No matter which moderate you choose, you will enjoy it.

Have a great trip!

DH and I loved POFQ - but i think we had those shiny sparkly we are on our honeymoon goggles on so that may have affected things - I did like it more than CBR though.

Im going to have to big it up for port orleans riverside, it is my favourite resort I have stayed there 4 times now this year will be my 5th, we love the food, the rooms and the staff, a few are now very close friends. we have also stayed in CSR but did not like it so much, witch ever resort you chose you will have a magical time x :thumbsup2

We stayed at CSR our first 3 trips and loved it. However, we did have a car. It is a big resort and I wouldn't want to stay there without one.

I love the moderate's because they feel like a resort to me. The theming and the landscaping are awesome. I don't feel like I am in a motel. We did Riverside and CB. I preferred Riverside as the location of our room wasn't as far from the food/main pool as we were at CB. On the flip, the walking to everything is much more and sometimes painful when carrying the passed-out little ones on tired legs, but overall the resort-like feel is worth it to me.

Our family has stayed at CSR, POR, and CBR. You really can't go wrong, they're all nice.

That said, here's some of the things we really enjoyed about CSR. The Dig Site pool is awesome... talk about your themeing. We also enjoyed the Pepper Market food court, where you get sit down type food at counter service pricing. Extra band for your buck if you happen to be on the DDP. We also enjoyed an aspect that many people are constantly banging on...

CSR is a 'convention center' resort. This means you might see people in suits and ties on their way to meetings. For us this ended up translating into one fantastic fact. The buses were nearly always empty. There were several mornings when we hopped on a bus to one of the parks, and we ended up being the only people on the darn thing.

I really think you'd enjoy a stay at Coronado. Have a great trip.

I have never stayed at the values but have stayed at POFQ and CSR that being said I do think CRS is the nicer resort, better overall atmosphere, better eating choices, you have better beds, room service(not just pizza). Only thing I do not like about mods is not having a balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter