Value rooms at AKV are Savannah or Pool view anyone expirence different?

wedance6

Mouseketeer
I have never stayed in a value accommodation that faces anything other than the pool or the savannah. If you walk down the halls you will also notice that the DVC villas are all on those sides. There are none on the parking lot side. Has anyone stayed in a parking lot view in the values? I dont think they exisist. Only parking lot view is at Kidani. Please let me know if anyone had a different experience. Thanks!

I think you have a 20% chance of getting one facing the parking lot (at least for a 2 br). We got one once.

i've stayed in value studios twice: once with a savanna view and once with a parking lot view. it's definitely a possibility...

Ok, thanks. I just have never noticed the dvc logo outside of any rooms that face the parking lot. So I didnt think they had any. I guess I will make sure to request a specific location.

We rented 2 Value studios, one for dh and I, and the other for my BIL and SIL. One was a beautiful pool view (dedicated), and the other the parking lot view (lock off). Honestly for the points though it was worth it for just 2 people per room. We usually stay Savannah view, but we were able to get 2 rooms for the price of one and so that was great if you are trying to save points.

Just note that we request pool view for both, but only one room got it so a request is just a request. They try to honor it but if not you have to be ready for a PLV.

They are not supposed to take or honor a view request on a value room. By the way, the one time I got a value room we got one facing the parking lots. You are high enough up and with the plantings you can ignore the parking lots and enjoy the view of the wilder side of Disney property.

Ok, thanks. I just have never noticed the dvc logo outside of any rooms that face the parking lot. So I didnt think they had any. I guess I will make sure to request a specific location.

There have been lots of reports that DVC stopped taking requests for views for the value rooms a year or two ago.

We've had value probably 4 times now, Ive never requested a view and always got savannah or pool, I wonder too if it has to do when you make the reservations. I always make mine to the 11 month mark.

Does anyone have a picture of your view from the value studios? Just curious what it looks like from up there. I know there are only 2- 2 bedrooms with that view. Not sure if anyone would have a picture lol

We've had value probably 4 times now, Ive never requested a view and always got savannah or pool, I wonder too if it has to do when you make the reservations. I always make mine to the 11 month mark.

Our home resort is AKV but we actually rented 2 value rooms at 4 mos out.. We were given a sav. view and a parking lot view. One room was actually a pool view but we asked to be across the hall from eachother which is why we had the parking lot view.

As previous people have mentioend.. I dont think they take requests and for the points your using, it is so worth it, parking lot view or pool or savannah.

I'm curious if the view is related to how many savanna view reservations have been made for those dates? If they have booked their entire allotment of savanna view rooms then I don't see how you could get a value room with a savanna view. Unless you are talking about a partial savanna view and not a true savanna view. :confused3

I'm curious if the view is related to how many savanna view reservations have been made for those dates? If they have booked their entire allotment of savanna view rooms then I don't see how you could get a value room with a savanna view. Unless you are talking about a partial savanna view and not a true savanna view. :confused3

there are a certain number of "savanna view" villas. they have nothing at all to do with the "value villas."

value villas are distinguished by their smaller size, not the view. (there is no such thing as a "value view" villa.) there are a very limited number of value villas and they are all toward the front of jambo house.

There are four booking categories at AKV. From most expensive to least expensive:
  • Concierge - Five 2BR lockoffs on the 6th floor of Jambo House with access to the concierge lounge
  • Savanna View - Rooms that face a savanna
  • Standard View - Rooms that face a pool, garden or parking area plus a few rooms with an obstructed view of a savanna
  • Value - Smaller rooms in Jambo House with one of three possible views: Sunset Savanna, pool, parking lot.

the value rooms are not counted toward the Savannah view rooms since they are a different size,(smaller) which is why they can be any view, they are designed especially for the "value" price ...If you book a Savannah view it never would be those values.

I do know they take requests like to be by an elevator, etc. so that would be a way to get a pool view without requesting that "view"

We own both SSR (55) points and BWV (100) points and booked our April trip with SSR points that needed to be used. We were surprised to get a standard view studio at BWV for seven nights at the seven month mark. Lucky huh? :goodvibes

We also had 12 BWV points that needed to be used by November 30th and finally decided to only do one trip this year. So instead of losing the 12 points, we decided to add one more night in April.

We just booked an AKV value studio for one night in April before our BWV stay and I was really surprised it was available. :laughing:

It doesn't matter to us what the view looks like but I sure did like only spending 13 points to get it. ::yes::

AKL is our home resort, but I was not able to book a 1-bedroom value even though today was the first day of our 11-month mark. We've always stayed Savanna view, but we wanted to save as many points as we could on our Dec. trip since we plan to go twice for the next two years. Congratulations to those of you who are able to get a value, and I wish we had been as lucky as you are. I was able to reserve a standard view, and that saves us a lot of points when compared to the Savanna view we usually get. Maybe it is a sign that we should add more points:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter