Value Resorts and Inside Staterooms? Bah Humbug! 30 days of Disney fun! 02/10 Day 30

Karin I love the pictures! We had such a good time with you and Tom. I remember I was so full from dinner to be able to enjoy the desserts at the Pirate Party. The Palo Brunch was wonderful wasn't it. I can't believe I was able to eat as much as I did, but it was all so good! I sure hope we can get a reservation for the brunch once we get on the Dream. We will head to Palo first thing, but we will be later to port this time since we are going by bus from CSR.

I am pretty sure there will be a buffet on the DREAM too! I might be wrong (but will let you know, once we find out;)) but I think I read somewhere that they have it at Cabanas.

Ooh fingers crossed :teeth:

Cooking class looked like fun and yummy Palo brunch :) Wish we had done the longer cruise now, just to have that day at sea to explore the ship properly :)

What a wonderful day at Castaway Cay! :beach:

I saw a little boy in the airport with one of those Nemo buckets, so cute!

The Pirate Deck Party looks like a blast! I like that shirt!

That's great that you were able to do a culinary demonstration and a brunch at Palo all in one day! Both look delish! :thumbsup2

You remind me, Karin - that is the recipe we saw on the cooking demo we attended on the Wonder - Delicious!!! I need to find the recipe and try to make it!:thumbsup2

Karin, thinking of you and hoping everything is okay.
f809de82.gif

Hi everyone!

As some of you might not have read my pre-trip report for our upcoming vacation I think I owe you all an explanation.

I have not been able to get on here much as we had an unexpected death in the family on Aug 2nd.
Tom and I had to arrange the funeral and still have a lot of things to get done before we fly to the US for this year's vacation.

I know, I promised to wrap up this trip report before leaving, but now there is no way I can do that before we return from our vacation on September 11.

Hope you will still stick with me! :goodvibes

Hi everyone!

As some of you might not have read my pre-trip report for our upcoming vacation I think I owe you all an explanation.

I have not been able to get on here much as we had an unexpected death in the family on Aug 2nd.
Tom and I had to arrange the funeral and still have a lot of things to get done before we fly to the US for this year's vacation.

I know, I promised to wrap up this trip report before leaving, but now there is no way I can do that before we return from our vacation on September 11.

Hope you will still stick with me! :goodvibes

I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Please do not worry about trying to wrap up this report. We'll be here when you have time.

Dear Karin, you know our hearts go out to you during this time of loss. I am so very sorry.

Of course we will stick with you - it's not so much about some great PTR's and TR's, but the bond so many of us have come to share as friends. We are here.

My friend, Janet is hoping to meet you and Rosie on Friday the 19th, but does not want to interrupt your Meet...I was pretty sure you, Tom and Rosie would be delighted to meet another fellow Diser. She is a wonderful person - so positive, outgoing and a generous heart. She's also stayed at OKW - free upgrade from a value to a 2 bedroom!! She is on her 8th or 9th trip in just a few years. :) Hope you all get to Meet!

Take gentle care, dear Karin & Tom. :hug:

Karin I am so sorry for your loss !! I am so excited about our meet in just 8 1/2 days !! It is fine with me if Janet joins us on the 19th !! Let me know !!I did pm you a couple of days ago!! Judy is getting really excited !! Check out my conversation with her on my PTR!!!:rotfl2:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Karin. I missed your last posts, thinking you weren't updating because you were packing. :sad2:

I may have missed your send off - hope you have a wonderful time!:hug: I'm so excited for the meets you'll have!

I am sorry for the loss in your family. :hug:

Wow, you won't be back until Sept. 11? That seems so far away. How an amazing time and we will all be here waiting to hear about it when you get back.:surfweb:

Karin, I have been reading and enjoying your trip reports for some time but have never posted until now! I am so sorry for your loss and all you and Tom have been through.

Have a wonderful trip and I will really look forward to future installments of your latest adventures! :goodvibes

Hi Karin-
So sorry for your loss. :hug: I hope you are enjoying your trip-

Ellen:flower3:

Karin I love the pictures! We had such a good time with you and Tom. I remember I was so full from dinner to be able to enjoy the desserts at the Pirate Party. The Palo Brunch was wonderful wasn't it. I can't believe I was able to eat as much as I did, but it was all so good! I sure hope we can get a reservation for the brunch once we get on the Dream. We will head to Palo first thing, but we will be later to port this time since we are going by bus from CSR.

Thank you, Teri! We loved to cruise with you too! :hug:
Palo brunch was wonderful on the wonderful Disney WONDER! We loved our brunch on the DREAM too, but it sure was different.
AND we were in a hurry to get the captain to sign some prints for us. ;) :lmao:
Did you get your Palo reservation? I really hope so!

Ooh fingers crossed :teeth:

Cooking class looked like fun and yummy Palo brunch :) Wish we had done the longer cruise now, just to have that day at sea to explore the ship properly :)

We really enjoy our days at sea - so much to explore and so many things to take part in!
Next time you need to take a longer cruise, or maybe a back to back? ;)

What a wonderful day at Castaway Cay! :beach:

I saw a little boy in the airport with one of those Nemo buckets, so cute!

The Pirate Deck Party looks like a blast! I like that shirt!

That's great that you were able to do a culinary demonstration and a brunch at Palo all in one day! Both look delish! :thumbsup2

Castaway Cay is always wonderful, we really enjoy spending time there.
Time was a little tight between the cooking demonstration and Palo brunch, but it was worth it, doing both!
Only downside of Palo brunch - you eat FAR too much, because everything is SO good! :love:

Great update, Thanks for sharing the pictures from the cooking class.

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures - the cooking class was so much fun and tasting the finished product was a treat! :thumbsup2

You remind me, Karin - that is the recipe we saw on the cooking demo we attended on the Wonder - Delicious!!! I need to find the recipe and try to make it!:thumbsup2

It's a fun cooking demonstration, isn't it? Did you find the receipe and make it in the end? :goodvibes

Karin I missed yet another update !!Palo looks great!!

Don't worry, Rosie, I have so many pre-trip reports, trip reports and dining reviews going on that it is easy to miss one! :rotfl2:

Karin, thinking of you and hoping everything is okay.
f809de82.gif

Thank you, Christine!

I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Please do not worry about trying to wrap up this report. We'll be here when you have time.

Thank you! :hug:

Dear Karin, you know our hearts go out to you during this time of loss. I am so very sorry.

Of course we will stick with you - it's not so much about some great PTR's and TR's, but the bond so many of us have come to share as friends. We are here.

My friend, Janet is hoping to meet you and Rosie on Friday the 19th, but does not want to interrupt your Meet...I was pretty sure you, Tom and Rosie would be delighted to meet another fellow Diser. She is a wonderful person - so positive, outgoing and a generous heart. She's also stayed at OKW - free upgrade from a value to a 2 bedroom!! She is on her 8th or 9th trip in just a few years. :) Hope you all get to Meet!

Take gentle care, dear Karin & Tom. :hug:

I am really sorry we missed your friend Janet. But with everything that was going on before we left, I forget a lot of things! ;)

Karin I am so sorry for your loss !! I am so excited about our meet in just 8 1/2 days !! It is fine with me if Janet joins us on the 19th !! Let me know !!I did pm you a couple of days ago!! Judy is getting really excited !! Check out my conversation with her on my PTR!!!:rotfl2:

Thank you, Rosie!

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Karin. I missed your last posts, thinking you weren't updating because you were packing. :sad2:

I may have missed your send off - hope you have a wonderful time!:hug: I'm so excited for the meets you'll have!

Thank you, Tammie!
I can't believe that we have actually been back for nearly two weeks already! :scared1:
Time flies! :sad2:

I am sorry for the loss in your family. :hug:

Wow, you won't be back until Sept. 11? That seems so far away. How an amazing time and we will all be here waiting to hear about it when you get back.:surfweb:

I know, Sept 11 sounded so far away for us too, but it was here before we even knew it and it was time to go home again! :scared1:

Karin, I have been reading and enjoying your trip reports for some time but have never posted until now! I am so sorry for your loss and all you and Tom have been through.

Have a wonderful trip and I will really look forward to future installments of your latest adventures! :goodvibes

I am so glad you came to say hello and thank you for your kind words!
I promise to update at the weekend and to finish the trip report! :goodvibes

Hi Karin-
So sorry for your loss. :hug: I hope you are enjoying your trip-

Ellen:flower3:

Thank you, Ellen! The trip was so much fun, especially with all the meets that were going on!

Hi Karin, no we didn't get to eat brunch at Palo's, ran up there first thing when we got on the Dream and it was booked up. She put us on a waiting list but no luck. We did have dinner at Palo on our last night it was nice. Mick didn't care for the steak he got. I liked mine but the dinners at the other places were just as good. The view was great up there, that was a plus.

Hi Karin, no we didn't get to eat brunch at Palo's, ran up there first thing when we got on the Dream and it was booked up. She put us on a waiting list but no luck. We did have dinner at Palo on our last night it was nice. Mick didn't care for the steak he got. I liked mine but the dinners at the other places were just as good. The view was great up there, that was a plus.

Oh Teri, what a shame you didn't get to have brunch at Palo. We only went once during our 11 nights and even though it was very similar to the one on the Wonder it was different though. :confused3
But since you didn't get to try it this time ........ you'll just HAVE TO go back on the DREAM again. ;) :goodvibes
We had dinner twice at Palo and liked it both times, but it was really hard to decide what to order :lmao: with all the food, good food, we had, we were kind of stuck. :rotfl2:
We loved the view and the quiet atmosphere at Palo, so nice! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter