Value Resort versus Deluxe Resort: Pop v. Yacht

Love your review - very informative and funny! Oh, and we agree with you totally. We spent one night at POP years ago, and quickly figured out that the values weren't for us. I know some people love them, but we couldn't check out quick enough and move to the Wilderness Lodge.

Glad there are others out there like us! Too funny. Well at least we tried it.

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge last December for DSis birthday - that was beautiful at Christmas time and it was cold enough in Orlando to really appreciate the fire places.

Thanks for your comment.

Thanks! I've always been curious about the difference between Value and Deluxe. I realize some people love the Values including Pop, but I wanted to share my photos and observations.

thanks for sharing.. I must say I turned off by the hairy. I can related to your sis Just take my card and give me a quite room. the first thing that came to my mind was the Priceless by Master Card :rotfl2: I love your POP's

LOL! Thanks for the laugh and glad you got some rest!

I do love POP Century but I did think the beds were rather firm - but I was able to sleep and had a quiet spot in the 90's.:hippie:

At least you know you like the Yacht Club now - :goodvibes!

#1. Pop is the sound your car door makes when it hits the car next to it in the tiny tiny square shaped parking spaces.

#2. Pop is the noise your knees make as you carry your suitcases up three flights of stairs.

#3. Pop is what your back does when you get out of bed in the morning.

#4. Pop is what you need to drink to get over the night sleep you just experienced.

#5. Pop is what you want to do to the screaming kids running down the hall all night.

#6. Pop is the sound of your credit card falling out of your wallet as you book an upgrade in the middle of the night.

#7. Pop is your neck cracking back into shape after laying on the bed.

#8. Pop is your elbow to your roommate's gut as you fight over space at the sink.

#9. Pop is the sound of wheelie bags and suitcases dragged against the concrete halls.

#10. Pop is...
now your turn

Question:

Did you know what to expect when going in or just winged it? Yes POP is way different than the YC but anyone would know that if they did their research. If I pay the price for POP I would know what to expect. We have stayed at POP before and didn't experience such a night. And you can get several things that you mentioned at any resort even the YC.

Great. We'll be staying at YC next month, and now I'll probably spend the whole time looking for hair :magnify: (and hopefully not finding any :scared:).

Thanks for your comment. Please keep in mind it was a business trip and not a vacation so a good night's sleep was really paramount. I have to hand it to Pop Century though - it was definitely cleaner - and that means a lot too.

I stand corrected, thanks. I was just a little confused because your Dsis woke you up and not the "all night long" noise outside. At least you can say you tried it and know it is not for you, that is why Disney has done such a great job with different types of resorts:thumbsup2

Last summer we stayed at POP before we moved to SSR and I thought the towels seemed thinner at POP as well. Glad Im not the only person to think this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter