Value Resort for couple without kids?

disneyfansmandl

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of suprising my DW with a 7 night trip to DW the last week of September. Anyone know which of the Value resorts would be best for a couple without kids? My DW gets so excited when we are there, we hardly ever are in the room. Also, anyone know of any cheerleading or otherwise possibly noisey conventions going on at that time?

Thanks so much!!!!

M in Boise

If you are trying to avoid kids at the values it is going to be difficult.I am not aware of any Cheer comp in Sept.The values at the end of Sept will be very very busy since it is free dining and the best bang for the free dining promtion is at a value. But for 2 adults I would say Pop or Music.

Music is generally thought to be less kid appeal, but with the activities at the main pool you get more kids now. But I think kids still gravitate towards sports, movies and pop, so if you chose a non perfered room (more walking but less popular) at music you should get less noise (activities are at the main pool) and more quiet. Plus music has nice landscapping, paths, fountains, garden type vegitation.

Then again....maybe DH would be more kidlike if surrounded by all the sports stuff at ASSp?

I kind of think all the values are kind of kid oriented. Or more accurately, I don't think the decor at the values is 'romantically themed.' Look at some ofthe pics. Even ASSm has giant cowboy boots and maracacas for decor with a Donald Duck pool!

Theres nothing wrong with the values, and we enjoyed our stay. There are plenty of adults at all of them, espceially inthe bar areas at night.

I also think the 50's area of Pop was more adult oriented, and you could keep to the quiet pool in that area to avoid most kids. While we were at ASMu thre were lots of big kids at the 'quiet' piano pool.

BUT, if you want some place much more quiet, romantic and adult oriented, I'd suggest one of the moderates. Look at POFQ or CSR. POFQ is compact. CSR is very pretty for a night stroll. Another good option is the Swan, sometimes as low as $129 per night! I'm not positive if it's still this way, but the Dolphin had an adults only section at one of their restaurants. Some of ht e others there won't be kid free, but are more geared towards adult tastes.

DH & I (in our 50s) stayed at POP last September for our first-ever Disney trip without any kids. It was o.k., and really didn't see all that many kids there...most schools have started in September so I don't think you have that many people pulling kids out at the very beginning of the school year to go to Disney. There were some home-school groups there the week after Labor Day, but didn't seem to be enough to swamp Disneyworld or anything. The pools did not seem to be full of kids at any time we walked by them. By far, the vast majority of kids we saw were in strollers.

If you want a little ambiance, and romantic surroundings, I'd suggest Port Orleans French Quarter (moderate) If you have the $$ to spring for it, the Polynesian (deluxe) is lush & romantic.

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of suprising my DW with a 7 night trip to DW the last week of September. Anyone know which of the Value resorts would be best for a couple without kids? My DW gets so excited when we are there, we hardly ever are in the room. Also, anyone know of any cheerleading or otherwise possibly noisey conventions going on at that time?

Thanks so much!!!!

M in Boise
My wife and I do not have to worry about the kids anymore(married and just graduating from college) so we go down to POP in Sept/Oct and love it! The resort is really nice for the price - we are really only there to sleep and during hot days go back to the pools for relaxation. We have found the maids and help to be really nice and thoughtful. Many, many days we've found towel animals sitting on our beds. The food in the court is okay - breakfast is best. The pools are quite warm and not crowded at all. The buses take an average of 15-30 minutes to get there. (Mornings are more crowded than most. This will be our 3rd year going to Pop and plan to do it every year if we can! By the way, we've stayed at POFQ when it was dixe Landings and liked it but it's too expensive now.. We'd rather spend the money on gifts, boat rides,e tc. than just on the room. The beds at Pop were just changed out and are very comfortable. Enjoy!:surfweb:

DH & I (in our 50s) stayed at POP last September for our first-ever Disney trip without any kids. It was o.k., and really didn't see all that many kids there...most schools have started in September so I don't think you have that many people pulling kids out at the very beginning of the school year to go to Disney. There were some home-school groups there the week after Labor Day, but didn't seem to be enough to swamp Disneyworld or anything. The pools did not seem to be full of kids at any time we walked by them. By far, the vast majority of kids we saw were in strollers.

If you want a little ambiance, and romantic surroundings, I'd suggest Port Orleans French Quarter (moderate) If you have the $$ to spring for it, the Polynesian (deluxe) is lush & romantic.

Its free dining at that time...Youwould be surprised how many of us pull out our kids the beginning of the year to go to Disney. Plus the Values are always BUSY and PACKED during free dining time.

We are two adults with adult children that rarely travel with us. We generally pick All-Star Music (when we are not at the campground). Love it!!

my boyfriend and I just got back from all star movies. we liked it. it wasnt that bad. there were a lot of kids, but we were able to spend a lot of alone time in our little room :)

i think youll like it:)

I'd consider staying off property, perhaps renting a condo or a timeshare. Since you don't have kids, the parking/tram situation is easier to deal with. It is the best way to get child desaturation.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much!!!!

M in Boise

I haven't been to Pop, but of the three All Stars, I would suggest AS Sports. It is more quiet than Movies or Music, and less in demand than Movies (which seems to book out the quickest of the three).

Poly seems to be a big favorite on the boards here, but we have never stayed there. I would like to try it one day, but every time we look at AP or FR rates for the Deluxes, GF is actually cheaper than Poly for some reason. :confused3 And there is no way I could convince DW to try Poly when we can get GF for cheaper.

POP seems to attract the most people. We really enjoyed Music when we were there in 2007. We are going Sports this August. It seems to be the least popular. Not sure why...we stayed there for a short trip in December. Everything has been renovated and we had a great time. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter