Value of 1989 Disney Dollars?

2ofUs

DIS Veteran
I just discovered some Disney Dollars I purchased on our first trip to WDW.

Mickey's picture is in the center and Scrooge McDuck is the Treasurer. I have 10 of them (Series 1989) in $1 denominations that are in brand new condition - not bent or wrinkled.

I had put them in a 'Travelers Cheque' pocket which was placed in the bottom of my jewelry box. Got used to seeing the envelope there, but just never opened it - thought it was empty. See what happens when you decide to really 'clean house'?

Just wondered if they have any value beyond the original price and/or sentiment?

Nope, they are only worth the dollar amount listed on them. You could sell them on ebay though and people pay a little more than face value for older DD.

Thanks, but I wasn't really interested in selling them, just wondered if things like that gained value. 9 of them are in numerical sequence. Since I have 8 grandchildren, I thought I might matte & frame them as gifts. Since they are very colorful on both sides, an alternative might be framing them between 2 acrylic pieces in a stand-up frame.

Anyway, just thought if they had any value beyond the $1, I would tell the kids so they didn't take them out & use them for play money, yah know?

Keep in mind many people collect them. So in a way they may go up in value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter